• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What anime is this?

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
So I remember seeing this anime on TV a LONG time ago, I was maybe 8. It involved these giant humanoid robots that people got inside to fight other people. The thing that stands out the most is crystals. It was a 4 pronged crystal that either summoned the robots or let them transform into them.

Somehow the crystals were related to the robots. There was some sort of limitation to how the crystals could be used and the protagonist broke the limits (maybe he used it too often?) and his crystal shattered. Eventually some people helped him put the pieces back together, but it was a flawed crystal and he could only be a robot for 30minutes before he went crazy. One episode he does go crazy but this girl gets him to stop killing people.

Other tidbits I remember - He normally did a flip to get into his robot. The crystal broke in some sort of maze/dark place, where he was hiding from this bad guy. Also, they fought in outerspace and crashed to earth once.

Take all of this with a lot of salt, as it was a long time ago and my memory is fuzzy. Any ideas which animes this could be?

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Sounded like Megas XLR until you mentioned the Crystal....

I loved that show.

IN THE MEANTIME CHECK OUT METABOTS :D

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
He should pitch it to some animators and make thousands
Considering that's my job I can tell you it's not that easy or simple -_-

as for what this is, I haven't the slightest clue. If it was when he was 8 it obviously wasn't Megas XLR which is a fairly new show. Hell I dunno, Voltron? no really I have no idea.

-Ran

Smash Master
Oh, without a doubt it's Tekkaman Blade. It used to run on UPN fifteen years ago. It went by the name of Teknoman though.

Top Bottom