• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What about Peach who would become Peach AND TOAD?

D

Deleted member

(I've asked the same question on Miiverse by the way)

In a sense, Toad is IMO as secondary as Luma, and I think Peach should use Toad more than a simple shield.

Plus, he would become more represented, while remaining Peach's "valet".

I think it would be a better treatment of Toad's character, especially when you see Luma, a NPC, as a partner of Rosalina.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

In a sense, Toad is IMO as secondary as Luma, and I think Peach should use Toad more than a simple shield.

I think it would be a better treatment of Toad's character, especially when you see Luma, a NPC, as a partner of Rosalina.
Obviously I'm bias, but I think that's what annoyed me about the Rosalina reveal most.

Either use Toad more in Peach's moveset or let him tag out with Toadsworth already.

Toad really does deserve better than this. Don't believe me? Alright...Toad has not only defeated both Wart and Bowser in the past, but also this guy:

That's right. Toad has squared off against the Grim Reaper. Death itself. DEATH.

And you know what Toad does? He doesn't die. He doesn't cower. He doesn't fear Death nor try to run from Death. He blows him the **** up.

Skip to 4:38 to see this face off.

Toad is officially the most badass ************ in Mario. He deserves more than being a simple meatshield by this point in the series.

Toad Brigade Final Smash PLZ Sakurai for Peach or let him strive out on his own.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'd rather play as Peach and Toad separately, as they are respectively my first and second most loved Nintendo characters.

I mean, it certainly makes more sense for Toad to be fighting alongside Peach than Luma and Rosalina, but whatever. Peach is already unique enough, she does not need to be revamped.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

Actually, Luma isn't a NPC. You control them both. They have different movesets, and her Side Special, for example, requires the Luma to use it.

I mean, yeah Luma is a NPC in the galaxy games, but Luma is more affiliated with Lumas in the games than Peach is with Toad. In fact, in the recent games, Peach is shown she can handle things herself.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Call me skeptical, but a huge part of me believes Toad will indeed be playable.
-trolling sakurai could easily be ready to swap toadsworth in
-we have heard numerous times 'all moves shown arent final'
-We have seen... very little of Peach

Ultimately, Sakurai is really trying to surprise us with character choices, that in retrospect make sense (Greninja, WFT, Villager, Rosalina). These are the ones revealed. It certainly does not mean ones we do expect are not in?
So what does he do for those? Mislead us intentionally, to improve his beloved hype when they arrive. Either by showing a shadow of 'boss' or by having a character as a shield. I wont get into these arguments too much for now, I know they are big, but I just cannot see him eing naive enough to do either, especially given all the small details of inconsistency if they were not to be playable.

Top Bottom