• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What About King K. Rool

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
I think King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country should of definitly been in brawl. He could of had plenty of attacks and would of been a nice addition to the heavy characters. I know he was really only in that game(if he is in another game, then sorry), but im sure that plenty of people agree with me that he should of been in. What do you guys think?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I think tires don exits
I wanted K in, I was almost sure he was when SSE revealed that the bad guys played a part or the other side, but there are plenty of characters that deserved to get in that did not. There is only room for so many characters.

if he was in, then f-zeros needs a boss, FE does, pokemon needed mewtwo back, mother, metroid and and the like. It was just to many.

if we all got who we wanted then the roster would be saturated.

R12:21

Smash Rookie
I agree. K. Rool should have been in. Along with Dixie. K. Rool's final smash could be that he changed costumes... You know, pirate version, mad scientist version, boxer version... Each version could have it's own attacks.

And... K. Rool has been in more DK games than DK himself. (He really has). He wasn't just in DKC.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree. K. Rool should have been in. Along with Dixie. K. Rool's final smash could be that he changed costumes... You know, pirate version, mad scientist version, boxer version... Each version could have it's own attacks.

And... K. Rool has been in more DK games than DK himself. (He really has). He wasn't just in DKC.
What an interesting take on K. Rool's would-be final smash... I was an active part of Kremling Power (The K. Rool support group) and none of us came up with an FS like that, its ingenious, and would use all part's of K. Rool's persona.

However, the falling cannonballs or invisible uppercut would have been more practical really, because they would cause damage.

But MUST the TC rub salt in my wounds by reminding me that K. Rool is NOT playable? :(:(:(

JPTight

Smash Cadet
Im sorry but the Donkey Kong series is bigger than the kirby series. Kirby got 3 characters. so should donkey kong. And wolf is another example. Starfox and kirby's series are not as popular anymore. my parents know DK, not kirby or fox. So K.Rool should be in if u look at it from a popularity viewpoint but Sakurai made kirby and fox was the most popular in melee so.....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought about K-rool months ago. When brawl was 2 months away from release in North America, I didnt want K-rool in. He just didnt get my attention as much as he used to. Donkey and Diddy are good enough. Besides, Bowser is a better opponent for DK rather than an alligator pirate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are you people INSANE
Not really. How are we insane?

K. Rool is just as awesome as Bowser in many respects,

1st. Theyre both comical villains. Both bumblers who have crazy bumbling henchmen.

2nd. He is DK's EQUIVALENT to Bowser. (Bowser is a turtle, who orders other turtles around, and kidnaps something of value to Mario, and his plans are always foiled in the end.)
K. Rool is a croc, who orders around other crocs, he steals DK's bannanas, etc. etc.

Starting to see the similarities?

K. Rool had more right to be playable than many of the other "shoe ins" except maybe Ridley, because come on... Metroid is in need of another rep.

Is your reasoning for not liking him SamuraiPanda's reasoning? He's ugly?

Well, if he was supposed to be adorable, or sexy (lol) or something else, he wouldnt have the same effect he does in the games, nor would he have the same personality.

Rare doesnt work that way. Rare creates far-out villains and situations and monsters (Every inanimate object in Banjo-Kazooie and Conker had huge staring eyes, Banjo's enemy was a rhyming old hag, yada yada)

K. Rool should have been in, and it's a shame he isnt, but I respect Sakurai's decisions anyway.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Ya... Nintendo can only please us so much this time around cuz there would be no one for the next smash bros if Geno, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., etc. were in brawl. That is, assuming there will be another smash bros...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While the king is out of our grasp once more, we get to see his trophy at least. In fact, it looks even better than the one in Melee!

At any rate, we must take heart and hope that K. Rool appears in the next installment. Until then, we DK followers shall blaze a path of glory with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong! Long live the DK crew!!!:dk:

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
yeah

Ya... Nintendo can only please us so much this time around cuz there would be no one for the next smash bros if Geno, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., etc. were in brawl. That is, assuming there will be another smash bros...
this is specifically why hes not in, who the f would be in ssb4 if everyone good was in brawl? -.-
geno, crystal, waluigi, daisy, megaman, nights, K. rool, bowser jr/shadow mario combo, that villain from zelda the one whos a wizard(not ganon obviously), maybe ninten, ridley, mewtwo again, another pokemon trainer(mudkipz ftw)(hey a lot of pkmn are very different), a girl mage from fire emblem, roy decloned

yeah and maybe like knuckles/tails while we're at it

thats enough for ssb4, maybe some more but generally they left out the exact amount of good characters

Top Bottom