• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s the status on Ultimate modding?

VillainFan42

Smash Cadet
NNID
VillainFan42
3DS FC
4511-1345-7864
I know the game’s only been out for a week and a half, but I was curious if anyone’s tried cracking the game open to figure out how to mod it yet. From what I understand, the Switch is a pretty tough console to mod, but someone’s gotta be trying, right?

How long did it take people to start nodding Smash 4 Wii U? You know, just to put it in perspective? How much tougher is the Switch to mod than the Wii U? Is it any less complex to only add/replace audio and music without touching the gameplay, or is that just as difficult a process? Because I don’t care about screwing with the gameplay or stages or characters. Just the music and voices.

Why, yes, I am still pissed about Final Fantasy being screwed over, why do you ask?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've seen someone already modded the game on Reddit before the game released. Only change he did was bring Fire Mario alt back though.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I would keep an eye on gamebanana since most smash 4 stuff wound up there plus some things are already being added, mainly just recolors right now though, not sure how long before we see more than that although someone may have already made giga bowser playable

Top Bottom