• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We've created ourselves a Project M Mini Game

McD

Smash Journeyman
My friends and I have created a few different small mini-games using items in Project M

My favorite being 0% Mode
• Go to 300% Special
• Turn on Hearts and Maximum Health Tomatoes
Hearts give -100%, Maximum Tomatoes give -50%
• Goal: Reach 0% Health within 3 minutes
• If nobody reaches 0% Health in 3 Minutes winner is determined by kill count
• Best stage choice = Shadow Moses Island, the walls allow for some incredible tech saves
:shadowmoses:

Its funny when teamwork develops in this game as when a player gets below 100% They tend to have very little knock back and it makes it easier and easier to win.

There are three of us that play smash every monday, so after all these years we have developed these games. The next one I can't imagine with more than 3 players, but 4 could be awesome chaos!

Another mini game I'd call
Pitfall Fighting
• Turn all items off except for Pitfalls, Item ratio goes to high
• Two players on platforms, We use dreamland because the platforms have the best layout
• The two players on the platforms are fighting to kill each other
• One is below using pitfalls to knock them to the ground
• When a player touches the ground he swaps out his platform fighting for the current ground player, this is a rotation based game
• Kills can only be done by players on the platforms or with pitfalls off stage by the grounded player.
• Ledge grabbing does not count as the ground, but don't camp it destroys the game
• Winner is determined by most kills

Does anybody else have any mini-games they've created?
These are a really nice mix-up from

PS.
Fox is still OP in these game modes too

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
My friends and I actually love playing on Stamina mode set to 1%. You'd think it'd be boring having matches that short, but it's actually really intense, haha.

That healing one sounds really fun, I gotta try it next time. : >

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I'll be the generic guy and say that I like playing Giant Heavy Stamina Brawls(with damage ratio set to .5) when I don't feel like playing a more traditional fighter or I want to play as a Smash Bros Character.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Back in the brawl days, my friends and made a stage that had the ground composed of one massive platform(i.e., you can hold down to pass through the platform). We would turn only pitfalls on and the abundance of items to very high. Pitfalls, when placed on platforms, don't trap you in the ground, they only spike?meteor? you downward through the platform. The only legal character (for us at least) was ike. The gameplay revolves around the use of pitfalls to kill your opponents(however all attacks are legal). If you are hit with a pitfall with ike, he can JUST JUST barely not recover at 0%, and any greater percent makes it harder(or impossible) to recover. So if you play 2v2 teams with FF on, you can save your ally by hitting them as they jump + up B in an otherwise futile attempt to recover. Its like a high stakes game of minesweeper/dodgeball with maximum hilarity.

Sort of sucks that the game type requires platforms only which would require the custom stage maker to be functional. This means its not possible to create it in PM without additional shenanigans. Sigh, at least regular PM is twice as fun as anything brawl ever had (shots fired).

McD

Smash Journeyman
Back in the brawl days, my friends and made a stage that had the ground composed of one massive platform(i.e., you can hold down to pass through the platform). We would turn only pitfalls on and the abundance of items to very high. Pitfalls, when placed on platforms, don't trap you in the ground, they only spike?meteor? you downward through the platform. The only legal character (for us at least) was ike. The gameplay revolves around the use of pitfalls to kill your opponents(however all attacks are legal). If you are hit with a pitfall with ike, he can JUST JUST barely not recover at 0%, and any greater percent makes it harder(or impossible) to recover. So if you play 2v2 teams with FF on, you can save your ally by hitting them as they jump + up B in an otherwise futile attempt to recover. Its like a high stakes game of minesweeper/dodgeball with maximum hilarity.

Sort of sucks that the game type requires platforms only which would require the custom stage maker to be functional. This means its not possible to create it in PM without additional shenanigans. Sigh, at least regular PM is twice as fun as anything brawl ever had (shots fired).
That actually sounds amazing, I'm sad we missed this with project m
I'd make a stage for it but the process of deleting it after makes me feel lazy lol.
Pitfalls are quickly becoming my favorite item :D

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i used to play "Saturn Ball" with friends back in the Brawl+ days

it was 2v2 on a custom stage that had goals on each end. You scored by throwing Mr. Saturn into the opponents goal. you could attack the opponent to make them drop the ball, intercept the throw and block the shot, or catch it in midair. Wall jumping characters made very good defenders.

i could see this being a pretty fun (even competitive) mode in PM if it got dev support.

Last edited:

McD

Smash Journeyman
i used to play "Saturn Ball" with friends back in the Brawl+ days

it was 2v2 on a custom stage that had goals on each end. You scored by throwing Mr. Saturn into the opponents goal. you could attack the opponent to make them drop the ball, intercept the throw and block the shot, or catch it in midair. Wall jumping characters made very good defenders.

i could see this being a pretty fun (even competitive) mode in PM if it got dev support.
Do you think you could play it by having goals be the opposite ends of the stage? Or maybe somewhere like the pikmin stage over hyrule bridge?
This also sounds really fun

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Do you think you could play it by having goals be the opposite ends of the stage? Or maybe somewhere like the pikmin stage over hyrule bridge?
This also sounds really fun
nope that would be way too easy, yoshi and sonic would just roll to victory lol.

the goals should be small and placed up high, requiring most characters to double jump or walljump to be able to score. So basically a stage like
:shadowmoses: but bigger and without platforms

it would be cool to have an official Saturn Ball Stadium, pmbr pls

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
turbo lifemode, where you have to reset immediately if one of the players doesn't ToD

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Gonna play Mahvel mode when All Star (different char each stock) comes out, obv.
3 stocks
Turbo
Stamina
Damage ratio .5
Training Stage (loser can counterpick FD or Shadow Moses)

No ledge stalling out of corner pressure on the training stage or FD.
No platform hopping out of corner pressure on Shadow Moses

Prepare the salt

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that's more like a KOF mode tho

unless there somehow becomes assists in the new all star vs. mode

I hope there is now tbh

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
Hide and Seek mode
•Special Mode active: 300%, Mini, Clear, Reflect, Light, Fixed (Optional: Bunny and/or Fast)
•Stage: Temple (Or any extremely large stage)
•Goal: Find and defeat your opponent(s).

Have fun.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I just now realized how cool a marvel-style could be in smash tbh

set up the assists in such a way where you can just choose a character's special moves, so if you picked a DDD assist he could throw a waddle dee, or just suck you up

McD

Smash Journeyman
Hide and Seek mode
•Special Mode active: 300%, Mini, Clear, Reflect, Light, Fixed (Optional: Bunny and/or Fast)
•Stage: Temple (Or any extremely large stage)
•Goal: Find and defeat your opponent(s).

Have fun.
I'm excited to try this

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
We used to play soccer in Brawl

• Flat stage with "tubes" on both sides to serve as goals
  • Spawn a soccer ball in training mode
  • Score goals and don't get killed by the ball

But I stole this from Youtube

Raijinken

Smash Master
Hidden Stamina mode (more relevant in Brawl), where we turn it to Stamina, hide the percent, and set all food items on highest.

Also, Capture The Flag, where the goal is to hit the spring on the opponent's side of the custom stage without being hit when you're across a defined "middle line". Turn on most explosive and projectile items. Sometimes we make it symmetrical, sometimes we let each team build their own half of the arena with half of the Custom slots allowed.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I've always liked to play "Paintball." Stamina, pick a stage that is fast-paced or constantly changing like PS1 or Rainbow Road, put all projectile and eplosive items on high, last man standing wins.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Gonna play Mahvel mode when All Star (different char each stock) comes out, obv.
3 stocks
Turbo
Stamina
Damage ratio .5
Training Stage (loser can counterpick FD or Shadow Moses)

No ledge stalling out of corner pressure on the training stage or FD.
No platform hopping out of corner pressure on Shadow Moses

Prepare the salt
Can't set stocks in Stamina, unfortunately.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Mortal Kombat

-300 hp
-healing items, smash token, metal, and turbo mode items
-Final Destination

This makes for interesting battles most FS don't kill and theres little to no knock back. Especially fun with four players.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
My friends and I actually love playing on Stamina mode set to 1%. You'd think it'd be boring having matches that short, but it's actually really intense, haha.

That healing one sounds really fun, I gotta try it next time. : >
Fox lasers.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think it's great that people take our game and create their own ways to play it. There isn't a right way to play really, it,s up to the player to decide.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
This one is a little complicated but awesome. Turn stamina on to 1 hp, do a special slow-mo match, everyone pick pit and use only arrows on temple. This only works for 4 people, but there is a whole bunch of matrix air dodges and curved arrow loops. Also, the powershields are intense.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
Stamina mode set to 1%.
Only diving attacks allowed.
ROUND WAN
DIVEKICK!

McD

Smash Journeyman
This one is a little complicated but awesome. Turn stamina on to 1 hp, do a special slow-mo match, everyone pick pit and use only arrows on temple. This only works for 4 people, but there is a whole bunch of matrix air dodges and curved arrow loops. Also, the powershields are intense.
Holy crap, that actually sounds amazing and hilarious, for sure doing this next time!

I hope PMBR does see this thread and finds a way to give us a mini game room. Maybe put some ledges on either side of Training Room allowing us to do soccor and all those hilarious modes we've talked about :D

Last edited:

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Woah, next time my friends are over I'm so doing this, that sounds like a blast. XD

McD

Smash Journeyman
I think it's great that people take our game and create their own ways to play it. There isn't a right way to play really, it,s up to the player to decide.
But we thank you for giving us the tools to do so. After hours upon hours of great matches between friends there is nothing to redeem all those smashed friendships like dumb game modes to make us laugh and leave on positive notes :p

Side note, I love how adventurous and fun the smash community is. PMBR giving us Turbo mode, Giga Bowser, Ike Climbers ;) ;). But on top of that the players can't stop having just as much fun creating their own stuff. SMASHERS UNITE!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
B-b-but why LEDGES on the training room. Why not walls? Every other stage has ledges! There's no corner pressure in Mahvel mode if there's no walls!

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Can't set stocks in Stamina, unfortunately.
But can't you set it to All Star Versus + Stamina? Or does the Stamina mode prevent you from doing anything with All Star mode? That would be really depressing? I was actually looking forward to doing this specific combination in particular.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
But can't you set it to All Star Versus + Stamina? Or does the Stamina mode prevent you from doing anything with All Star mode? That would be really depressing? I was actually looking forward to doing this specific combination in particular.
Sure you can set it to both, but in Stamina you can't set stocks.

Kati

Smash Lord
Footbrawl. The ball spawns in the middle and when it lands past the goal line, will roll through the boundary and respawn in the middle. The best ruleset I have come up with requires a team to both score more goals AND ko the other team. If the team with less goals wins the stock battle, the result is a tie. Time mode is obviously is a little simpler, but has less strategy as a result.

This mini game has its own mini game.

Some attacks send the ball moving very fast but without charging the ball, preventing it from colliding with other players. Fox's shine... yet again kicks ass because of this.

Sooo...

Fox-pong: 4 player foxes, shine only unless other moves can be agreed upon.

Replaces Onett.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b14vbse07y5rmgv/Footbrawl.rar

Last edited:

_Pixel_

Pink Squirtle is best Squirtle.
Kati, that's great. I'll have to try it out if I have some downtime with friends.

Every once in a while it's nice to dial it back and just play Smash.

Top Bottom