• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We've Been Playing Pikachu Wrong!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Trillian found this definition for me when I was talking to Pakman today and Pikachu came up:

http://www.indopedia.org/Pikachu.html

The important part is this:

"Pikachu also appeared in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee as a playable character. It is a very agile and mobile character. Its Skull Bash move was introduced in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Also in Super Smash Bros. Melee Pikachu's Quick Attack ability was upgraded so that they actually do damage. In Melee, the main combat tactic with Pikachu consists in incapacitating or surprising your opponent so as to perform his Thunder attack as often as possible. "

I don't know about other Pikachu players, but I certainly haven't been using this tactic at all! And it's supposed to be my main tactic! I think a Pikachu revolution is coming on... move over Jiggs, Pikachu is gonna take 2010 by storm! (pun intended, swish!)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Didn't you read the guide? it's says "A Pokemon that excels at clever fighting" and it's says pichu is more nimble. So I think it's saying pikachu is a mindgame chacrter and pichu is better at mindgames so..... No not even really bad people play like that they spam down-B and smashes and dash-attack for approach

N64

Smash Champion
Thunder isssssss pretty good. I mean, it hits like 4 times, its hitbox is HUGE spacially, it has a bellowing sound effect, etc. We should clearly start spamming that stuff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Nope that's pichu's thunder we should spam PICHU's thunder because it hits more and does not damage and he loses his arm for a few frames.

But yeah new team thing wall O Thunder

N64

Smash Champion
I think pikachu's hits 4 times as well if i'm not mistaken. Though, I should clarify, I believe it has 4 hitboxes, just that as soon as any hit you the rest don't (so effectively it can only hit you once). It just has a hitbox that comes out 4 times for a single frame duration

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes there are 4 hits if you don't it hiting pikachu then there are 5. Sorry I thought you meant a 4 hit combo and I as like what. Oh yeah remember to cancel it

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
because your mind wants to repress that because it's anti progress and your mind is designed to go forword and the mind picks the right way so you forget. Or I made or some random S*** and you don't like him.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude... maybe 13 ways to die was right after all. we need to start spamming this move! indopedia.org says it, so it must be true :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Does anybody have the Official Melee Players Guide? That thing is awesome. Is that where this is from?

Also, wtf, Ive been playing with Vudijin almost exclusively...

Top Bottom