• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York...anybody alive..? :/

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
So like I got into soul calibur 5 not cause I love the game but honestly just cause it's the only game that seems to have a scene in my area. Truth be told though I don't love the game enough to continue playing it especially after the patch ruined an already poor character that I foolishly tried to play as. I love wasting hundreds of hours of my life for no reason...so awesome..But the super smash series -- especially melee has always been my favorite fighter. It's just a shame that the scene is practically non existent. Or is it....let me know..

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Check out the New York PR thread in this same forum. There are active communities in Rochester, Ithaca, Syracuse, Utica, and Albany. Not sure about Buffalo but I'm sure there's some players there.

edit: Whoops just saw you already posted there lol

SYickX

Smash Cadet
So like I got into soul calibur 5 not cause I love the game but honestly just cause it's the only game that seems to have a scene in my area. Truth be told though I don't love the game enough to continue playing it especially after the patch ruined an already poor character that I foolishly tried to play as. I love wasting hundreds of hours of my life for no reason...so awesome..But the super smash series -- especially melee has always been my favorite fighter. It's just a shame that the scene is practically non existent. Or is it....let me know..
I've seen that you're looking for smashers around Buffalo. I'll be moving there during the next 2 weeks to go to grad school at SUNY Buffalo, so I'll be living in Amherst.

They call me Stro, and I'm from Pittsburgh.

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I'm down to host a fest in buff area. Or just casual play. So if anyone is interested let me know

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1st of all. we have an upstate ny thread in here somewhere, I just need to ressurect it.
2nd of all, there is a plan n trade in buffalo that all the fighting game players go to every saturday and they play every fighter from marvel and street fighter all the way to Jojos and smash. they are there from 2-9 every week.
3rd. we are having a tournament is syracuse in a couple weeks and everybody should show up. theres not much activity on the thread since the Ddos but post there and on the facebook group and try to build some hype.

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
ok this is a ridiculously late reply but...oh well ^^ play n trade isn't an option. they mostly play capcom fighters and the smash crowd that does show up is super casual. what I'm looking for is people who want to get competitive. Any of you guys in the area who responded feel free to send me a text ;)

(716) 860 - 6719

lookin to practice and really get some skill/go to apex in january. I'm willing to travel up to an hour ;) every week or a couple times a week ^

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
I know I'll be looking for decent competition this Summer when I get home. Apex 2014 isn't really a possiblity at this point but I plan to be ready for 2015.

ok this is a ridiculously late reply but...oh well ^^ play n trade isn't an option. they mostly play capcom fighters and the smash crowd that does show up is super casual. what I'm looking for is people who want to get competitive. Any of you guys in the area who responded feel free to send me a text ;)

(716) 860 - 6719

lookin to practice and really get some skill/go to apex in january. I'm willing to travel up to an hour ;) every week or a couple times a week ^
I know a kid from my area who goes to UB who is looking to improve his brawl game. Want me to pass your number to him?

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
I know I'll be looking for decent competition this Summer when I get home. Apex 2014 isn't really a possiblity at this point but I plan to be ready for 2015.

I know a kid from my area who goes to UB who is looking to improve his brawl game. Want me to pass your number to him?
hmm well unfortunately I'm only focusing on Melee and Project M...but if he's into one of those as well as brawl then yeah sure totally : )

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
also you sure you can't go to apex? Doesn't have to just be about getting good results competitively. I think being able to meet some of these guys and see them play in person just in itself could be worth it. It'd be like going to a sporting event except it doesn't suck : P

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
I would really love to go but it would be a large financial investment for a poor college kid like myself. If there was a way that I could get there without spending money on train tickets or travel expenses, I would go in a heartbeat. I'm currently in a kind of "wait and see" attitude.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
first of all, take this to the upstate ny thread.

secondly, I am the king of traveling on a budget for smash.
apex weekend, most likely youd need 20 bucks for pooling gas money to get up there and back with whoever is driving. roughly 40 for the hotel room since people will be pooling for that as well. 30-40 for entering events, and you can make food for a weekend with a loaf of bread and cold cuts which is less than 10 bucks. thats 125. if you can get 125 together in the next 4 months you can definitely make it happen. if you want it.

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
first of all, take this to the upstate ny thread.

secondly, I am the king of traveling on a budget for smash.
apex weekend, most likely youd need 20 bucks for pooling gas money to get up there and back with whoever is driving. roughly 40 for the hotel room since people will be pooling for that as well. 30-40 for entering events, and you can make food for a weekend with a loaf of bread and cold cuts which is less than 10 bucks. thats 125. if you can get 125 together in the next 4 months you can definitely make it happen. if you want it.

I just have no idea who is going from the Boston area that I could get a ride from

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know there's people in mass that you can hook up with. If you go to the tournament listing section and look for the Mass Madness tournament series. You can find them

Top Bottom