• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West MI Smash School

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Smash School

-----Our Purpose?-----

The most prominent reason for holding Smash School is to both encourage casual players to become more skillful at smash bros. and to further the skills of those that already play competitively. holding Smash School will also help get the word out that this fighting game is kick *** and we can further hope to grow bigger.

-----The Scene-----

The smash community in Grand Rapids is growing bigger and better than ever. Plenty of new players have already started learning competitive aspects to the game and we're steadily gaining more. This Smash School is a big step toward creating a thriving West Michigan scene which can hopefully one day give East Michigan a run for their money :cool:

-----Time and Location-----

Auditorium room 168 in the Ferris Building, Downtown Grand Rapids
Tuesday 12-5pm
Wednesday: 2-5pm
Friday: 3-9:45pm
(On some Friday's Muskegon players will be coming down to smash with us and help give tips to other players)

-----Facebook Group Page-----

This page will be updated daily with competitive matches, helpful tutorial videos, combo videos, etc.
As we progress further into the year this page can be used for organizing car pools and tournament events. If anyone enters a tournament that is streamed and/or recorded I'll make sure to post it on this page as well as any tournament results.

Sarix and Torvus will both be the main two teachers that will be attending most often. I'll be helping out on Wednesdays and as of this moment I'll be the main teacher for Melee.

ALL 3 SMASH BROS GAMES CAN BE TAUGHT AT SMASH SCHOOL. However we don't have the original smash bros so unless someone brings it in or expresses interest in learning that game we won't be focusing on it.

If you're interested feel free to post on this thread, message me, and/or give me your name so I can add you to the Facebook group page

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
If only you guys played later on the weekdays oh well I might show up fridays work dependent

:phone:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Tuesday Wednesday Friday?

Those are my three days off every week(so far, with school starting schedule may change). I might actually have reason to pick this game up again.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
agggh the suspense is killing me. I need to go to this thing more than once a week it sounds like you guys had a good time.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Alot of people better show up to this. Lordy better too. Project M DK DITTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now with more forward air

Sarix

Smash Ace
Alot of people better show up to this. Lordy better too. Project M DK DITTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now with more forward air
I'll have to work with Link then if people are bringing Project M then, he's the only char available I like playing really.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Probably a good iidea. It'll probably be mostly Brawl today. I have to work so I won't be there and I don't know if shock will be there or not. If you do go it should be wednesday cause I'll be there :p

Kail

Smash Lord
We will see. I'd prefer a ride both days if possible. If someone can do so please let me know or I'll likely just play more DotA.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
What's the usual attendance rate, and how many play Melee/PM/Brawl?

I'm probably going to regularly show up on Tuesdays and Fridays. I prefer PM but I'll play Melee. Screw Brawl :p

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
There's actually more Brawl than Melee players here right now. We don't always have PM here so bring that if you have it.
You'll probably get a sizeable amount of PM players on any days but if you're there for Melee Wednesday is definitely the day to go. I don't know of any Melee players on tuesdays or fridays. If you talk to Shocksauce he may be up for some Melee on tuesdays and/or fridays. We've been getting stick of only playing eachother competitively lol

I'm gonna try to get some people from Kalamazoo to start going to a couple of these that'd help our melee crew alot. One of them is going to be hosting a huge west MI smash fest but we're still working out the details.

Top Bottom