• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"We're trying to balance the game out by removing most of the random elements of the game."

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
:gawmelee: <(Excuse me while I just-)
:gw:CONFIRMED RULE-BREAKER:gw:
I'm being serious, the title is a very faint remembering of what Masahiro Sakurai said at one point.
Mr. Game & Watch throws that OUT THE WINDOW AND ONTO THE TRAIN TRACK.
Oh Mr. Game & Watch, I am just so glad to have my Brawl Super-Main back.
:link64:, :drmario: and :gw:. All my Super-Mains of 64, Melee and Brawl re-assembled in Smash 4. Oh, how choosing a main will be tricky...

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
In all of the videos I've seen of him, 7 was always the first number displayed when using Judge. But no videos ever showed what number came after, so I don't really know if it is random or fixed.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In all of the videos I've seen of him, 7 was always the first number displayed when using Judge. But no videos ever showed what number came after, so I don't really know if it is random or fixed.
The Video in this thread shows G&W getting a 4, so it's safe to assume the random is back.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Interestingly, it seems like they actually made Judge truly random this time; I seem to recall seeing a video of him getting two 4's in row, which (iirc) was not possible in Melee and Brawl. I know at least in the former, you couldn't get either of the last two numbers you got (and interestingly enough, you were guaranteed not to get a 2 on the first use or a 1 on the first two).

Splice

Smash Hero
Interestingly, it seems like they actually made Judge truly random this time; I seem to recall seeing a video of him getting two 4's in row, which (iirc) was not possible in Melee and Brawl. I know at least in the former, you couldn't get either of the last two numbers you got (and interestingly enough, you were guaranteed not to get a 2 on the first use or a 1 on the first two).
yeah brawl is the same.
Do you have a vid of someone breaking the melee/brawl rules?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
yeah brawl is the same.
Do you have a vid of someone breaking the melee/brawl rules?
Sorry it took me a while to find one (I couldn't remember where I saw the original video); but in the second match of this video, Game & Watch throws two 4's in a row at the start of the match. I've seen other videos where the first one he uses is a 2 as well, but if it's purely random now, that's to be expected.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Ah that's a shame. That's definitely a nerf.
Thanks for finding the video

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, two in a row is basically fine, but taking away the gimmies on the first two definitely hurt. :/

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
It seems to be the case, unfortunately. For us Melee & Watch mains, something we'll adapt to real quick :p It was fun sitting at the cool-kid table for a while, oh well.

Edit: if we're getting Melee GW back, couldn't they at least give us the nair parachute back. I miss that s*** so much.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It seems to be the case, unfortunately. For us Melee & Watch mains, something we'll adapt to real quick :p It was fun sitting on the cool-kid table for a while, oh well.

Edit: if we're getting Melee GW back, couldn't they at least give us the nair parachute back. I miss that s*** so much.
We could've, but custom nairs weren't made into a thing.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
We could've, but custom nairs weren't made into a thing.
Yeah, but I heard one of his custom Up-Bs involves him getting shot up twice as high but with no parachute. they could have altered his nair while that one was set. He's already a confirmed rule-breaker. It would have been so perfect too.

Top Bottom