• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well Seasoned Gaming Presents: Nice Dodge There #:3 February 15th, 2014

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
The third event in the #WellSeasoned series, Nice Dodge There #:3, is scheduled for February 15, 2014! Featuring the best players from Kentucky and surrounding areas, this event will feature Melee, Brawl, and Project M!

The venue for this event is Game On Frozen Yogurt/The Playroom. They are a Frozen Yogurt shop (serving the best froyo you'll ever taste) as well as a used game store, with a huge selection of classic and new video games and consoles. It is a very relaxed place, and is very family friendly. It is a great place for all (and froyo matches > money matches any day). Nearby there are a few restaurants, including McDonald's, Raising Cane's, and Firehouse Subs. A slightly further distance away, there are a ton of restaurant options, including Zaxby's, A&W, Burger King, Little Caesars, Wendy's, KFC, and Subway.

The address for the venue is 2007 Pinoak Drive, Nicholasville KY, 40356. They can be a little hard to find, but if you turn on to Wichita Drive from US 27 (across the street from the RJ Corman building, which has an airplane hangar; its hard to miss!), you'll find it easily. They can be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GameOnFrozenYogurt

General Rules:
-Standard tournament conduct rules are in place. This includes being respectful of players and property at all times. As well, since the venue is very family friendly, swearing of any sort is forbidden. If you are caught swearing loudly, you will only receive one warning before being asked to leave.
-Clean up after yourself. Please don't leave trash sitting around, as the tournament organizers are the ones who have to clean it up. There will be trash cans all around, so please, do us a favor, and keep everything clean.
-Players are expected to play their matches promptly when announced. If fifteen minutes pass after your match has been called, and you have still not begun playing, the offending player(s) will be penalized. The only time this rule is not in effect is if you are unable to play one match because you're playing another match for a different game. If you wish to leave at any time to get food, check with a tournament organizer first to make sure you won't be holding up any bracket matches by doing so.
-You break it, you buy it. Simple as that. There is a ton of merchandise in the store, in addition to the TVs and consoles belonging to players. Nobody wants their stuff broken, so just treat everything with respect, and be careful!
-Collusion of any sort will result in forfeiture of any prize winnings.

Prices and Fees:
-Venue Fee: $5. Cut to $3 for bringing either a console or a standard TV (no HD TVs, nobody likes those). Bringing both waives this fee. Spectators do not need to pay this, only players.
-Brawl Singles: $10
-Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
-Melee Singles: $10 per person
-Project M Singles: $10 per person

Event Schedule:
10:30 am: Doors open, registration for all events begins.
12:00 pm: Registration for Brawl Singles and Project M Singles ends
12:30 pm: Brawl Singles Pools and Project M Singles Pools begin
3:00 pm: Registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles ends
3:30 pm: Brawl Doubles Bracket and Melee Singles Bracket begin
6:00 pm: Brawl Singles Bracket and Project M Singles Bracket begin

Rulesets:
For the most part, our rulesets will be the same as those used at Apex 2014. Individual rulesets are as follows:

coming soon

coming soon

coming soon

Other Notable Things:
-Crew Battles!: In any game, crew battles can be played. If there is a big enough desire for a crew battle, time may be allotted to allow a crew battle to take center stage!
-Raffles!: the tournament organizers plan to hold some raffles. Depending on the value of the item being raffled off, each raffle ticket could cost anywhere from $1 to $10, though it would probably be somewhere in between. The proceeds from these raffles may end up as pot bonuses for any of the events! If anyone wants to suggest things to be raffled off, please do!
-Kentucky Smash Awards!: Courtesy of Amida, we will be having a small set of awards handed out to Kentucky Smashers, in various categories, voted upon by all of you! More details to come soon.
-Streaming!: We will make every effort to have a live stream running at this tournament. Every game featured will have it's turn on the stream setup, and would be streamed at twitch.tv/wellseasonedsmash. If the stream does get up and running, not only will we feature some of the highest profile matches of the tournament, but anyone we see fit will have the opportunity to commentate matches!

Final Words:
Kentucky Smash has been thriving as of late. We at Well Seasoned couldn't be happier, and we wish for this growth to continue! Each bracket is sure to be full of hype matches. In Melee, will we see another strong showing from Louisville's Melee players, or will some people from out-of-state come and take all their money? Brawl Doubles has several teams that have been trying to claim the title of the Best Team in Kentucky, including Keroro Platoon (Kero and Amida), S2's Big Booty (SP and Ralph Cecil), as well as the team of S2 and Twig, two perpetual underdogs who always put in a ton of work. Kentucky made a good showing in Project M at the Kentucky Smash Championship, but still ended up losing overall to Cincinnati. Could this be the event where Kentucky finally takes home the PM gold? And will anyone ever be able to end Judo's reign as the best Brawl player in Kentucky? There will be much to see, so we hope to see you all there!

Contacting Us:
Brian Cullen (tyranitarphantom): 859-608-0363
Casey Clark (shadowphoenix951): 859-213-8134

Attendance List:
1. WSG Ttar
2. WSG SP
3. WSG Hoboz
4. KERO
5. Earl
6. A:G~
7. Amida
8. Kryp
9. Hael Phael
10. Wink
11. Twig
12. Ogie
13. Spec
14. Lumi
15. KellyK
16. Goodin
17. Justin-credible
18. S2
19. DMF~
20. ToTs
21. Tred (with 4 friends)
22. almostdaft
23. Xanthus
24. Judo

Setup List:
TVs:

1. Game On
2. Ttar
3. Ttar
4. SP
5. SP

Consoles:
Wiis:

1. SP

Gamecubes:
1. Ttar

Last edited:

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Will be there along with the rest of Louisville. Mark me for 2 FULL setups for melee.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
How big is the melee scene here?
Well melee usually gets between 20 and 30. The melee scene is centralized in Louisville for the most part, but we will make it out to this one. If m2k comes to this expect like 35+ melee lol..
If no m2k its safe to say that we should still get like 25+

Tred

Smash Rookie
I'm bringing like 4 other friends. It will be our first tournament so hopefully we don't get completely wrecked. But if M2K was there it would be worth it.

almostdaft

Smash Rookie
NNID
skmaynard
3DS FC
4914-3142-0794
Some friends and I from far eastern Kentucky have been looking at this and we've decided to test our luck at our first tournament! I'll be entering the P:M Singles, specifically, not sure about the rest of my crew though!

Pretty excited, tbh. Can't wait to see everybody there!

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
This event is getting closer and Louisville/ Frankfort melee is all pretty much confirmed to come... I have talked to some people and we have all shown interest: Myself/ kodey/ kelly/ Jiano/ broverdose/ Ameer/ wink. There is a good chance that you will see most if not all of us I just listed at this event. Looking forward to this tourney and I hope to see some old faces as well as some new ones..

Edit: also between kodey and myself we should have 2/3 TVs, a cube, and a wii or two.

Kryp

Smash Apprentice
I'm not originally from Richmond, I'm from Irvine, but moved here for school/work. If you've been to Kroger in the past two years, I've probably sold you your groceries, lol.
Haha. Awesome! We should get together and play Smash sometime! :D

Zarkz

Smash Rookie
I've never been to smash tourney, but my friend and I were gonna come for Brawl doubles. If it's possible to do both that and melee singles, I'll probably end up doing that. I can bring a Wii. but my copy of Brawl doesn't like reading all the time

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Bringing my TV hopefully. That thing is massive and every time I try taking it somewhere I just ditch it instead. Also word on the block is that A:G~ has a tiny one that he got from Winks tournament. (but you didn't hear that from me if he ain't bringing it)

Batman related team is taking doubles. (unless S2 decides to make this a combo breaker)

Top Bottom