• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the Subspace Emissary

R

ravenkikas

I really hope Sonic is in the game but if he isnt .. too bad but brawl will still be a awesome game. I’ve been seeing some coments about ppl that will not buy the game if sonic is not in it.. and that’s just sad, another thing.. i think sonic is enough dont you agree? I keep seeing pictures and requests for shadow, knuckles, tails, SILVER (wich i even didnt know he existed!) as playable characters.. =\ tails and Knuckles as assist trophys.. and that would be good enough!
If they have enough space to put some more characters in the game..
i give them green light.. go ahed, they can even put robotnik i dont care.. lol but if they cant i wouldnt trade such nintendo characters like, tom nook, Cpt Olimar, or many more that have potential for tails or knuckles,etc…

R

ravenkikas

man you got to be kidding, i would love to see cpt Olimar! Who wold say that peach would fight with the big boys? Or that ice climbers could fight at all? Cpt Olimar would be great just like any other character!

K

kirbykirbykirby

Well maybe not, he might not be that bad of character.

R

ravenkikas

lool yeah now that i think about it , i just can imagine him trow pikmins and kicking and stuff… lol but i guess if they want they can make it happen but maybe you’re probably right.. he would fit better as a assist trophy =/ who knows

M

mcs

ridley WILL be in brawl because:

#1: melee was partly unfinished when it was released and ridley couldve
been in since he was in the opening video.

#2: sakurai is REALLY servicing the fans so far and if kirby gets metaknight
it is a good guess that samus will have the oppertunity to fight her foe.

#3: if the adventure mode will focus on the characters backstories then either ridley or one of the hunters from mph (metroid prime hunters) will be there

#4: check melees opening video- the wingspan isint oversized at all

also if sonic is in then knux/tails/shadow might be either assist trophies or additional characters (im hoping for the latter since im part sonic fan ^_^)

R

ravenkikas

I’m a huge Metroid fan i really hope Ridley is in the game and i tottally agree with you, Ridley dont need to be huge.. And to have a big flying character could be something original, if they want they can make it happen i’m sure of it! And yeah i’m a sonic fan too i hope i didnt gave the wrong idea about my coment. I hope sonic is in the game

M

METROID MAN

Johnknight1
Johnknight1
Johnknight1
Johnknight1
Johnknight1

THAT SHEEP IS NOT FROM MEGA MAN, THEY DONT LOOK THE SAME
I THINK ITS FROM DONKY KONG: JUNGLE BEAT.
CANT FIND ANY PROOF THOUGH…..

M

Mario Fan Boy

This looks to be the best adventure mode in any smash game yet. The cutscene idea is pretty cool.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya i just found that out METROID MAN…sorry everyone, but I thought I made a intresting observation. Maybe I should play some more Donkey Kong! XD

http://i9.tinypic.com/6gna6mw.jpg

There’s the pic, showing it’s from Jungle Beat; let us not create another retarted fake rumor. XD Sorry all…hope some fools didn’t take that as 100% fact, because we could see a fake news pandemic, and that would be all bad.

H

homelessvagrant

I want to know if sakurai is just going for recent titles. In still haven’t seen anything from the original Donkey Kong country. I hope Kremlin enemies make an appearance.

K

kirbykirbykirby

<a href="http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803b-l.jpg" rel="nofollow">This</a> Is Nohing like it ha!

H

homelessvagrant

None the less it’s still from Donkey Kong. That graphical art similarities is all you need to varify.

K

kirbykirbykirby

It looks nothing like that.
The thing from konga beat is a Boar and this thing is a ram.

I don’t think it’s from konga beat or megaman.

C

chaos-kirby

i knew there would be complains of putting that link but anyways im gonna start posting alot :p

M

M2Y

FOX-WOLF
MARIO-BOWSER
LINK-GANONDORF
SONIC-SHADOW
CP.FALCON-BLACK SHADOW
SAMUS-RIDLEY OR DARK SAMUS
KIRBY-META KNIGHT
PICACHU-LUCARIO OR MEWTWO

K

kirbykirbykirby

Sorry Shadow isn’t in the game.
He only wants 1-3 3rd party chracters so he wouldn’t put two frm the same game.

E

EdwardGordon

Now lets look at the name Subspace Emissary and break it down:

Subspace- domain outside the normal three-dimensional space, rather than another dimension.
Emissary- someone sent on a mission to represent the interests of someone else

So whatever is controlling (comanding) these “robots” is from some other inner-demension and is working for some higher power.

So I’m doubting any of the regular nintendo villians fall under that category. Probably a character’s antithesis, will just get in the way on their own adventure and there will be a new villain in the works.
And each character will have their own reasons for fighting (Wario-greed; Pit-finding Palutena; Metaknight-probably just wants his ship back because it was stolen by this new villian) and judging by the pictures there will be different cutscenes for each character, but they’ll inter-cross each other’s story lines. So we’ll have more of a reason to beat the game over and over instead of just unlocking new characters.

I also have no doubt that the game will be co-op. The picture with the four random heroes (Mario, Peach, Zelda, Kirby) is too much of a nod at a mutliple player adventure mode.

And I doubt Master Hand will be the main villian again because… well how much of a storyline can i giant silent hand have? This new story probably starts off after the defeat of Master Hand. Sakurai seems to be really focused on an actual story this time around, instead of a hand that randomly pins two characters together to make them fight.

H

homelessvagrant

Nice observation edwardGordon, but Master hand can still be a main villain.

1:he can be given speech. (he already laughs)

2:He could be given a representative (like a lackey, fawful oddly comes to mind)

3: a different villian could be presented throughout the adventure and M. Hand turns out to be the true villain.

Kirbykirbykirby: Art has much to do with identitifying a characters. Each artist has a different unique kind of art that can tell the difference from his/her to another. Sometimes this can be subtle but still prevalent. Also many artist use different techniques given in different stories (I know that first hand). Take Pit and Link, both are human like entities presented by brawl. While they look very similar in style look more closely to coloring, texture, proportions, and body structure.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pit.html

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/link.html

These characters are for the same game redisgned by the same people. However the people at Hal Labortory fortunately have enough respect for the original art design that they kept certain key features identical to the original (even pit still has graphical siilarities to his original self [I can already see the hate replies]). Now look at the ram thing and the boar.

http://i9.tinypic.com/6gna6mw.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803b-l.jpg

Do you see similarities? they’re quite obvious I believe.

P

potato

the sheep and boars’ eyes look almost similar thats it,,, maybe its just a sheep maybe not but i don’t think its from donkey kong

V

vinternet

The reason people think its from DKJB is that there were several animal-chase sequences in that game (and that’s what appears to be going on in the screenshot), and because there was a sequence where you road on a ram with big horns (although the ram was black and looked nothing like the one in that screenshot). Through in the slightly similar art style (shiny colorful characters) and you’ve got enough reasons not to be surprised if this ram thing is an obstacle in a Donkey Kong themed adventure level - although, the weird enemies in the other screenshots haven’t been recognized from anything else, so it might not be franchise-specific at all.

H

homelessvagrant

What about the hammer heads and bullet bills? Maybe the rams just updated. You have to remember that brawl while keeping the essence of the character will still update them.

K

kirbykirbykirby

Oh I see the what you mean I thought you were saying they were the same thing.

H

homelessvagrant

Yeah, really it’s the little things that can tell us big things.

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
I’m surprised that I still haven’t seen princess peach around here after talking about her all the time and hoping that she would be in the game…

BTW, it looks like the speculations that you guys made in “this world” weren’t that far-sought after all, I knew the speculations were good, but I was doubting that you would be so close…

BTW2, srry bout my language (belgian)

Top Bottom