• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the Spirit Zone: Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist Support Thread (#AssistAlliance Camera Objective)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would love to have Ryu Hayabusa as a playable character! And I think since Yuri is moderately iconic, while Ryu Hayabusa is highly iconic, an assist trophy is the best position for her as of now.
It’s not just her, there are other protagonists to use anyway.

And that is already the way I see it. Ryu or bust, the only way I see Fatal Frame being in a better position is if Tecmo feels this will be the best way to get more people into the series, or hype up FF6 (which is likely coming much later to the Switch).

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It’s not just her, there are other protagonists to use anyway.

And that is already the way I see it. Ryu or bust, the only way I see Fatal Frame being in a better position is if Tecmo feels this will be the best way to get more people into the series, or hype up FF6 (which is likely coming much later to the Switch).
The fatal frame 6 protagonist should be an assist trophy in Smash 6. And I would also love to see Yuri as a mii costume.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The fatal frame 6 protagonist should be an assist trophy in Smash 6. And I would also love to see Yuri as a mii costume.
I am not sure about a Smash 6, that would be too far away when Sakurai is making more and more DLC.

But we will leave it as that and see.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I am not sure about a Smash 6, that would be too far away when Sakurai is making more and more DLC.

But we will leave it as that and see.
Since Fatal Frame lacks an overall main protagonist for the entire series, that's why I don't think Fatal Frame should have any playable characters. Same with Persona.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since Fatal Frame lacks an overall main protagonist for the entire series, that's why I don't think Fatal Frame should have any playable characters. Same with Persona.
Uh, you do realize Joker is a playable character in the roster?

Unless you are saying Yu and Minato are not even close to being as good as him, protagonist wise. I say this as a fan of the series.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Uh, you do realize Joker is a playable character in the roster?

Unless you are saying Yu and Minato are not even close to being as good as him, protagonist wise. I say this as a fan of the series.
Correct, that's why I don't want Joker/Ren to be playable, because persona isn't a third party franchise with an overall main protagonist. They would keep having to replace Joker/Ren with the next protagonist and so on for each Smash. Same would go with Fatal Frame. Unless they merge all the protagonists into one playable character, like with the dragon quest heroes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I do not understand the argument at all. Joker is in because Persona 5 is a masterpiece that is easily the best selling game for all of Atlus. Also, it is an RPG. RPG's are bound to have different worlds, stories, and characters.

This is like saying all Belmonts should be costumes of each other, which will not work since they all have different body types. In the case of the Persona protagonists, they have different weapons and outfits. So to say Yu can be an alt for Joker is just basic lack of reason or logic.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think a Fatal Frame protagonist would be sick in Smash, we don't have a horror game character in Smash yet and the series would perfectly symbolize the relationship between Tecmo and Nintendo since they both jointly own it, I'd honestly love if someone like Yuri got into Smash!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the producer once again confirms that a Fatal Frame Switch is likely.

He already mentioned one new gameplay idea, like using the camera in handheld mode. It sounds like it has some potential. Sometime tells me hey will work with a new cast, unless they focus on Yuri and Miu again.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So the producer once again confirms that a Fatal Frame Switch is likely.

He already mentioned one new gameplay idea, like using the camera in handheld mode. It sounds like it has some potential. Sometime tells me hey will work with a new cast, unless they focus on Yuri and Miu again.
Honestly, I saw a new Fatal Frame for the Switch coming a mile away, but it's nice to see some official acknowledgement.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what Yuri's Classic Mode route would be? And what would her boxing ring title be?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Does anyone know what Yuri's Classic Mode route would be? And what would her boxing ring title be?
I could see her classic route being a mix of fighting supernatural foes like Dorf or Bowser (he died many times to become Dry Bowser) or other fellow hunters of the super natural like Luigi and the Belmonts. One I dead I had is that they could use the dark alts of certain princesses or Dark Samus to represent certain hostile spirits in the Fatal Frame franchise.

Her Boxing Title? To easy, I would be thinking of something like the Lady of the Camera, or Camera Obscura Expert, or even the Fatal Touch Mistress.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry for the double post, but this is important. There appears to be a Fatal Frame themed cafe going on in Japan currently. With dishes based on the many famous ghosts of the series.

Wish I can fly to Japan and eat there. More proof that Japan do see it as as profillic series.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
I could see her classic route being a mix of fighting supernatural foes like Dorf or Bowser (he died many times to become Dry Bowser) or other fellow hunters of the super natural like Luigi and the Belmonts. One I dead I had is that they could use the dark alts of certain princesses or Dark Samus to represent certain hostile spirits in the Fatal Frame franchise.

Her Boxing Title? To easy, I would be thinking of something like the Lady of the Camera, or Camera Obscura Expert, or even the Fatal Touch Mistress.
I think I have just the name for that: "Into the Unknown".

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Honestly a Fatal Frame rep is my #2 or 3 most wanted in smash. I am just glad this thread exists.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This may be a bit unrelated, but considering how Resident Evil got (most of) its main characters turned into Spirits, would it be safe to assume a Fatal Frame rep isn't happening this game (what with R.E. being a more prominent horror series and all).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This may be a bit unrelated, but considering how Resident Evil got (most of) its main characters turned into Spirits, would it be safe to assume a Fatal Frame rep isn't happening this game (what with R.E. being a more prominent horror series and all).
That would be all up to Tecmo if they want to add more protagonists as spirits. There are easily 7 other girls they could use if they would like.

With Resident Evil, it is unrelated and more Capcom feeling spirits is good enough and not a fighter for any Smash pass.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not necessarily, when Bayonetta happened before Dante.

Last edited:

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Well now that spirits can be characters and Sakurai tends to add random/not expected characters do you think mayu and mio could get in? I mean Yuri looks like the best option and I actually asked to Sakurai through Twitter to add her as character.. And she make it as an AT I was really grateful with Sakurai cuz maybe he cares about fatal frame games too. Maybe he didn't read my petition and was part of his plan.. Who knows? Anyway.. I think a survival horror representative is still missing and mayu and mio can bring so much fun like min min does.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
I said it in the other thread but I just saw a 2 years old video of a Fatal Frame concept fighter, and for the first time convinced me that it could have worked well, my 1 pick for an upgraded AT is Bomberman, but Fatal Frame characters could work well too as it could rep horror games:
all moves were either a tormenting ghost apparition (smash attacks and side/up specials), some related item or taking a picture with the camera (that it could have a "target" with the normal special and down special would change the lens to cause extra effects).

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
So pikim 3 deluxe it's coming to switch later this month. Do you think fatal frame can also have their deluxe of fatal frame: Maiden of black water or maybe a bundle with previous titles or even a new game?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Bit late on this but I heavily support. Fatal Frame is easily my favorite horror video game franchise, and while I'm glad it got repped with an AT, I think a fighter would be really fun and unique.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Bit late on this but I heavily support. Fatal Frame is easily my favorite horror video game franchise, and while I'm glad it got repped with an AT, I think a fighter would be really fun and unique.
Indeed, I love how Sakurai gives love to this minor franchises that Nintendo should consider more, fatal frame is an excellent game thst deserve more love.. At least we know Sakurai loves too

Top Bottom