• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to Nintendo Land! (Monita for Smash)

BuffThePuff08

Smash Rookie
Who is Monita?

Monita is a character from Nintendo Land, one of the first games on the Wii U. Nintendo Land was meant to show off the features of the Gamepad through 12 different minigames depicting Nintendo franchises. These include,The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest, Metroid Blast, Pikmin Adventure, Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, Animal Crossing: Sweet Day, Takamaru's Ninja Castle, Donkey Kong's Crash Course, Captain Falcon's Twister Race, Balloon Trip Breeze, Yoshi's Fruit Cart, and Octopus Dance.

Monita would have 3 jumps, with the third being the highest. (Referencing the amount of jumps you could do in succession while walking around the plaza.) She cannot wall jump, crawl, or wall cling.

Entrance: Monita will pop out of a ? block like she does in the intro of Nintendo Land.

Idle Animation 1: Monita will look around.

Idle Animation 2: Monita will count to three with her fingers. This was an animation she would do if tapped on in the plaza.

U-Taunt: Monita nods, an animation she would do in the plaza.

Side-Taunt: Monita takes a sip of coffee from her own hat. This is a reference to the "take a break" illustration that would appear between and after games.

D-Taunt: Monita's parts start floating around in midair before coming back together. This was also an animation she would do in the plaza if tapped on.

Moveset (Normal Attacks)

Jab: Monita does a simple punch, which functions like Pikachu's jab.

F-Tilt: Monita swings a sword from The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest forward.

U-Tilt: Monita does a jumping move that is preformed by the dancers in Octopus Dance.

D-Tilt: Monita takes off her hat and does a quick sweeping motion with it. Has a small chance of tripping.

Dash Attack: Monita rushes forward and does a tackling move seen in Mario Chase and Animal Crossing: Sweet Day.

N-Air: Monita whips out her flashlight from Luigi's Ghost Mansion and spins it around, hitting multiple times. The attack looks visually similar to Piranha Plant's N-air.

F-Air: Monita throws 3 tacks from Captain Falcon's Twister Race forward. The tacks can be reflected and pocketed, but cannot be absorbed.

U-Air: Monita does a flipping headbutt facing upwards.This was an attack that could be done in Pikmin Adventure.

B-Air: Monita takes off her hat and swings it behind her.

D-Air: Monita drops a package from Balloon Trip Breeze. The package will break once it hits the ground before despawning. The package can be reflected and pocketed, but not absorbed.

F-Smash: Monita winds up and leans to the right like the dancers do in Octopus Dance.

U-Smash: Monita will take off her hat and fire lasers from Metroid Blast out of her antenna.

D-Smash: Monita will flash her light from Luigi's Ghost Mansion on both sides. It can stun opponents for a brief time.

Get-Up Attack: Monita sweeps around with her arm.

Trip Atack: Monita leans to the left and right like the dancers do in Octopus Dance.

Ledge Attack: Monita does a tackle from the ledge, which was seen in Mario Chase and Animal Crossing: Sweet Day.

Moveset (Special Attacks)

Neutral-B: Monita gets ready to throw a shuriken from Takamaru's Ninja Castle. The shuriken can go rather far, and if charged, it'll be much stronger.

Side-B: Monita hops a ride on the wheel-like contraption in Donkey Kong's Crash Course. The attack has super armor, and Monita can hop off any time. The contraption will keep going until it falls off the stage, hits a wall, or takes too much damage. While it functions like Wario's bike, the contraption can only go in one direction.

Up-B: Monita leaps up into the air while spinning. This could be done while walking around the plaza in Nintendo Land by tapping on the central tower or any attraction with the Gamepad.

Down-B: Monita takes a fruit from Yoshi's Fruit Cart and places it down. After a while, the fruit will explode. The fruit can be picked up and thrown. Two possible fruits can appear. These are an apple (more common) and a melon (more rare and does significantly more damage).

Moveset (Grabs & Throws)

Grab: A robotic Bulborb from Pikmin Adventure rushes forward to clamp its jaws on the target.

Pummel: The Bulborb bites the opponent.

U-throw: The Bulborb tosses the opponent up in the air, and animation it would do in Pikmin Adventure before swallowing the Mii you were playing as.

F-Throw: The Bulborb pops out a tongue from Yoshi's Fruit Cart, which sends the opponent away.

B-Throw: The Bulborb tosses the opponent away,

D-Throw: The Bulborb stomps the opponent repeatedly, functioning like Sonic's down throw.

Final Smash: Monita dons her purple jester hat (but not if she's already wearing it) and becomes Dark Monita from Metroid Blast and Pikmin Adventure. She then jumps into her spaceship and sends out the Bulblord, a boss from Pikmin Adventure. The Bulblord does it's signature attack, putting its limbs inside itself and rolling around in an attempt to crush anyone in its path. Her FS background is dark purple smoke that occasionally flashes lavender lightning.

Alternate Costumes

Monita has 4 recolors of her default costume, giving her a hat with a blue tint, one with a red tint, one with a green tint, and one with a yellow tint. For her 6th alt, she wears a crown in place of her hat, which is awarded to the player to wear for getting stars on all attractions. Her 7th alt is a Geisha Wig/Hat that she wears in Takamaru's Ninja Castle. Her 8th alt is Dark Monita.

Victory Screens

1: Monita rides a Yoshi Cart from Yoshi's Fruit Cart in a circle before stopping to wave at the screen.

2: Monita holds a Triforce up into the air. This is also done by the Miis when you beat a level in Legend Of Zelda: Battle Quest.

3: Monita spins around and does a pose, mimicking the animation that is done by the Miis when you beat a level in Pikmin Adventure.

Other:

Boxing Ring Title: "Chatterbox Computer" (The Geisha alt and the Dark Monita alt have unique titles, being "Damsel Out of Distress" and "Robotic Tyrant" respectively.)

So anyways, that's Monita. If you have other ideas for her or would like to rate this, please let me know!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support! I mean, I sadly don't see Monita happening this game around, but I'd love to be proven wrong! By the way, nice moveset! Really well thought-out!

BuffThePuff08

Smash Rookie
I support! I mean, I sadly don't see Monita happening this game around, but I'd love to be proven wrong! By the way, nice moveset! Really well thought-out!
Thanks! Forgot to include this:

Palutena's Guidance:

Pit: Lady Palutena, who's this?

Palutena: That's Monita. She's a helpful guide in a theme park called Nintendo Land. The park had a bunch of Nintendo-themed side attractions, but it looks like you're the main one!

Viridi: Why anyone would want to watch YOU of all people, I don't know.

Pit: Hey! I'm entertaining!

Viridi: Please! You're about as fun as a funeral!

Pit: Hey! Those letters can be rearranged to "real fun"! There's more to me than what meets the eye!

Palutena: Quit it, you two. Anyways, for her side special, Monita will charge forward with a contraption. However, if you dodge it, she can't turn around, leaving her wide open. That's your chance to strike!

Pit: I don't know if I can do that, guys. Can't you two help me out, or something?

Palutena: Sorry Pit, but we already have seats! You see us waving to you?

Viridi: And I brought popcorn! Now why don't you be a good little angel and put a show on for us?

Pit: ...Why do I even bother?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I was bummed that Nintendoland Tower wasn't a stage in Smash 4.

Monita was really cute and memorable, but she sort of seems more like assist trophy material to me. I definitely wouldn't be disappointed by her inclusion though. I love out-there characters like this,

Top Bottom