• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Training - Mario Glitch?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Here goes the story:
just training up as lucario in training (amazing) and i was against a level 9 mario. so all regular up to this point. i get a couple of kills ahead and then on one ko i knock him down in the bottom corner and he gets ko'd. next thing i know he is spawned with a final smash glow around him and he uses it upon me ??
there was no items turned on and even then he got it immediately wen spawned...
any explanations?:confused:
thanks in advance.

kleenex

Smash Rookie
Its not just a mario thing, I've seen it happen on other characters a couple times too.
Don't know anything about it

Edit: It happens in normal brawls too

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique09.html
Sakurai said:
And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.
---
a warning to all if I see one more thread like this I will start bashing faces in

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
no glitch, just if sum1 is getting really unlucky or just really really suks, they get the advantage of 1 free final smash. usually it never matters tho.

Amide

Smash Lord
This only happens in macthes with more than three stock, and realistically happens in a battle with more than five stock.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Meh Playing online last night Someone spawned with the Smash ball (they were down 5 kills lol)

It was shocking at first but glad to know the game helps those who just arent good. lol

Top Bottom