• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird thing about Bumpers

Noss92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ness92
For some reason they can't spawn in moving stages like Delfinia, skyloft and pilotwing.

I randomly discovered it by playing online with a friend, with a ruleset where only bumpers appears just to mess with them. After one match that looked like pinball, pilotwings became the stage and... Not a single bumper appeared. So later I checked on pilotwings in training mode and yeah, the bumper just not appears in the item list!

It's nothing but i find it very curious and wanted to share this. Have a good day!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It must be because bumpers must make some stages hell on earth, or because some stages switch and move around. Since Pilotwings switches from the red to the yellow plane, I'm guessing that's why.

Noss92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ness92
It must be because bumpers must make some stages hell on earth, or because some stages switch and move around. Since Pilotwings switches from the red to the yellow plane, I'm guessing that's why.
Just checked on Smash 4 pilotwings and the bumper is available... I guess it's because what you said or maybe bumpers in ultimate causes some weird glitches in moving stages?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just checked on Smash 4 pilotwings and the bumper is available... I guess it's because what you said or maybe bumpers in ultimate causes some weird glitches in moving stages?
It may have to do with stage morph and such.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yeah, the autoscrolling stages come to mind. Imagine Bumpers on Mushroomy Kingdom or Pac-Land. Now imagine being offscreen in the direction the stage is scrolling away from, with an active Bumper directly between you and the screen, and because they're offscreen, you don't know quite where the Bumper is, only that if you dash away from the rapidly approaching blast line towards the center of the screen — which you need to do in order to survive — you're going to touch the Bumper and bounce into the blast line. If you want to cry now, I don't blame you.

Top Bottom