• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird textures in trophies

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Having completed the game at 100%, I decided I should look at every single trophy (and their textures) using the emulator, without fear of spoilers. After having every trophy texture ripped, and using Cooliris to see one by one, I came apart with some interesting ones.

It looks like Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart and Jody Summers have the reflection of a "city" somewhere.
(Stewart)
(Goroh)
(Jody)

Ness' Yo-yo is from the "Dolphin Loop" company. Dolphin is obviously a reference to the GameCube's codename by the same name.

I'm not completely sure, but I think that this texture is reflected on the crown in the Fire Kirby trophy.
Creepy.

This seems to be the texture used for the Ice Climbers' hammers. Although, what caught my attention was the rest of the texture. It looks like some sort of... I don't know... I'd say the interior of a house. Also, another thing to note is that Popo's hammer features a random blue dot. Not sure if this dot is present, but hidden, if it's just a glitch in the texture rip, or if this particular texture is never used, but instead, Nana's hammer texture is.
(Popo)
(Nana)

This texture is found reflected in the Metroid trophy (as I said on the other topic*).

And this one is reflected on the Metal Mario trophy*.

Plum's trophy has what seems to be a weapon. Just like ant-d said on the other topic*. Yet, after seeing the textures, as I mentioned before, I noticed that this one seems to be an Alpha Channel image. I might be brutally wrong, because Alpha is for transparency, and these black and white textures on Melee seem to represent the lightning channel. I think it's weird that I couldn't find the colored one, which ant-d did, but still, just the thought of this gun here is weird.
("Alpha")
(Colored)

And finally, the weirdest of them all, in the middle of DK's textures, I found, several times, this thing... Which appears to be... a LOLDong? Hey, I'm just saying what it seems to be! Not that it is. In fact, it's most likely his ear or something. You be the judge.

When I find other oddities about the trophies and their textures, I'll post it here.
*The other topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218225

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol ROFL that's awesome the **** one looks absurd those silly programmers.

I love when silly stuff like this is found, melee ftw.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
The "city" textures are the size I took them; I can't make them any bigger. Well, one could always use [Ctrl]+[+] to zoom in and later [Ctrl]+[0] to go back to normal. Assuming one is using Firefox, which he should. Also, after looking at DK better, it's actually his chest. I would have never guessed it, seeing that his chest takes up almost half of his body, and that texture is practically the size of Ness' yo-yo.

Top Bottom