• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Stool Jump

TheFast

Smash Lord
I was playing my friend one-vs-one and i was zelda he know me off the stage then ran off after me to edge-guard me . then i uses my up but this is what happened. keep in mind the other player was about the distance of zelda body length above me and i was holding left.

1)i did the start up animation
2)zelda disapeared
3) zelda then appeared on top of the opponents head
4) did a stool jump when i didnt hit jump
5)then had the lag u get from stool jumping some1 (the bonce animation)
6)after the lag was over zelda disapeared with no start up animation and teleport the direction i was holding when i 1st started the up b

it all happened in a matter of seconds but it winning the match in for me, killing him at about 30% was wondering if something like this has happened to any1 else?

(the match ended up being 3:10 the stool jump killed his last life nothing could be done because of the stupid 3 min cap)

Garde

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused as to what you're describing...

You used up+B and vanished like you were going to teleport, but reappeared (in the same spot?) and foot stool jumped, then resumed the up+B animation where it left off and completed the teleport?

My real question is did you foot stool in the middle of the up+B (while you were moving invisibly), or did you foot stool jump at the beginning of the up+B before you began your movement?

TheFast

Smash Lord
:urg: i completely went through the start up animation, fully disappeared, held left, then appeared about one body length above my starting position, stool jumped, then resumed the teleport without having the startup animation and i didn't click any buttons besides maybe jump at the very beginning, but after i disapear all i did was left and i went up and stool jumped. it was by far the craziest thing ive seen so far in brawl :confused:

Arean

Smash Ace
Im sorry but it is really hard to understand what you are saying due to your grammar...

S2

Smash Lord
Intersting glitch.

I know you normally can't interrupt Farore's for a footstool.

You didn't happen to save that match did you?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm going to attempt to re-explain this. Tell me if this is right, and then I'll comment.

Both you and the opponent are free falling off the stage.
You try to recover with FW.
Zelda twirls and disappears completely.
She then re-appears, WITHOUT the 2nd twirl, out of thin air, on the other guys head, and does a complete jump.
At the end of the jump, she then disappears again, no animations.
She then, as if from that NEW point, FW's to the stage, and finally does her 2nd twirl.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
So I guess to try to reproduce this, use Zelda and teleport above someone "Horizontally" and see if anyone manages to do a footstool jump in the middle of teleporting.

Top Bottom