• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Shine Thing(with video)

Bil

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkygGmnbe48

video description-
"I put it on Slo-Mo Melee and edited it to 2x speed just so I could do it really fast. Basically what I'm doing is Shine - Jump - Edgecancel - Shine.
I don't have my AR anymore so I can't do TAS, but I think you could cancel a shine on the first active frame with a jump then cancel the jump on the first frame with an edgecancel into another shine immediately after you fall off the edge, and keep your double jump. So correct me if I'm wrong but you could actually get 3 shines off before you could get off 2 flat on the ground?(Both the 3 and the 2 being frame perfect.) Dunno if this has been found yet, doesn't really have a use =(."

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
totally has a use. if it works and you actually keep your dj, you coudl run at someone near the edge and shine twice and then be able to jump out and bair them! how does that not have a use?!

3 shines is old. someone should see if you can double shine then shine hog then fall a bit then shine 2 more times and hit.

Hatacatan

Smash Cadet
3 shines is old. someone should see if you can double shine then shine hog then fall a bit then shine 2 more times and hit.
I didn't manage to do that with TAS yet, but I succeded in doing a quadruple shine on DK on the ground:

Dk is one of the easiest - if not the easiest character - characters to multishine, because he streches his arm towards his opponent when he gets hit. But despite of that I had to do the fourth shine after a second jump out of shine number 3 before Fox had the opportunity to land, because if you wate any frame longer Dk will slide out of range.
So what it needs to work is:
- first shine near the center of DK with lots of momentum, but not too close to the center, because that can lead to Fox overtaking DK during the jc-shine and thus shining him backwards
- frame perfect jc-shine + shine land
- frame perfect jc-shine + frame perfect double jump
- frame perfect aerial shine

Maybe Fox can get in 5 shines on a slope...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the thing in the first post was discussed a while back in a video that had shine immediate turn around bairs off the stage. when you are sliding off the stage your jump animation can be canceled, so if you shine then jump and your jump gets canceled as you fall off you will suddenly be not jumping and in no animation and be free to do whatever. the OP was just doing shine after the jump animation was canceled.

Top Bottom