• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weird gordo glitch

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm sorry that I have no video, but this is something really funny that happened to me and my friend.

he was toon link, the stage was PS1 or FD, can't remember, and he shielded a gordo, the gordo bounced upwards from his shield, but lost all of it's momentum and started slowly floating upwards and didn't dissapear for about a minute, we followed it while completely amazed, but when we decided to try and get hit from it it was allready too high up in the sky.

did anyone else encounter this?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I've had weird similiar things happen like the gordo would bounce in place for a while after being shielded and sometimes theyd just go flying away sideways but it was quick. Never a slow floating away gordo though heh

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
It's happened to me a couple times, it moves in ultra slow motion and doesn't dissapear for a very long time. Noe clue what exactly causes it though. I love when i get hit right as im about to throw it and drop it in place, then the enemy gets hit by it xD

I.T.P

Smash Ace
It's happened to me a couple times, it moves in ultra slow motion and doesn't dissapear for a very long time. Noe clue what exactly causes it though. I love when i get hit right as im about to throw it and drop it in place, then the enemy gets hit by it xD
can you still be hit by it after it floats, can you throw someone up into it?

Skunicorn

Smash Rookie
Yeah I've seen it once or twice. What I really love is when I'm mid-throw and I get a gordo and I get hit and it bounces directly forward or backward and I get a kill.

yourmother

Smash Rookie
Yeah I finally saw this happen in a match I had. My friend shielded the gordo, after which it kind of hung in the air, moving very slowly upwards (almost not moving at all) for a good 5 seconds before it disappeared.

Doval

Smash Lord
Most projectiles can bounce off of shields if they strike the surface at a very low angle (for example, grazing the top of your shield.) This is probably a weird physics glitch related to that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
One time my opponent shielded a gordo and it just fell and stayed still on the ground for almost a minute and then he walked up and touched it and died XD. Almost as funny as a Waddle Dee kill I got once when it decided to leap off the stage.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Its happened to me twice. I kinda just ignored while thinking "DDD's awesome". XD

How do you make that useful? Uthrow into the gordo?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This actually makes sense.

If you've seen many of Kirby's games, Gordo is an obstacle that floats under its own mysterious power. In Kirby 64 you can become a Gordo and float in any direction for two seconds, gravity not at all a factor.

Back to Brawl, notice how Gordo's arc is different when you chuck one. It bounces off the ground in a floaty sort of way, as though gravity is merely suggesting it seek the ground, rather than impel it.

When you shield, you give it upward momentum, and obeying Newtonian mechanics while ignoring gravity, the Gordo courses upwards.

Actually, it doesn't really ignore gravity. It's more like it has strong inertia - greater than its mass.

[/pseudo-physics]

Now, as to why it didn't go away, search me.

dan smith

Smash Champion
This actually makes sense.

If you've seen many of Kirby's games, Gordo is an obstacle that floats under its own mysterious power. In Kirby 64 you can become a Gordo and float in any direction for two seconds, gravity not at all a factor.
/QUOTE]

Beat me to it^^^

I don't think it's a glitch at all. I've seen it pretty often too. If the Gordo gets stopped without hitting an opponent or a Waddle Dee it should just slow and float in Kirby fashion. Becoming a quite imposing obstacle.

Top Bottom