• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weird glitch

Bill'sPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
frestyb
while I was messing with peach's customs, I noticed some weirdness with the light veggie. When you throw three upwards (or whatever it takes to keep them in the air) in quick succession and then try to pull a fourth, you get nothing, no big deal, right? not really, if you use the parasol right after failing a turnip pull, the parasol is sideways, and the hitbox goes with it

Edit: pulling a turnip seems to fix it. Also, any other information or opinions on significance of the sideways hitbox would be awesome

Last edited:

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
This is good!!! Thanks for this find. If this becomes an AT we'll call it BillyBrella

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What do you mean the parasol is sideways?

Do you have any photos or videos or anything.

EDIT: I got @Dark.Pch to do it on his channel. Freaky!

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
sure is something, isn't it? did he say anything about potential or anything?
That depends on how the hitbox works. Does it also tilt the entire hitbox sideways, making the KB shoot towards the side instead of upwards?

If so, then you could easily use it to gimp off stage returns. The knock back on the umbrella is actually pretty great, so hitting someone who's at 60%-80% will probably be the end of them.

If it knocks the opponent upwards, then the glitch is actually a problem, since the umbrella is supposed to protect her from being approached from above. And since it hits the opponent upwards, even if you connect with it, it won't serve much purpose aside from what the vanilla umbrella has.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Lol it is quite literally sideways...

How do you perform this glitch? Throw three Light Turnips up, attempt to pull another and then Up + B? I can't seem to do this (I'm using the 3DS version btw, maybe that has something to do with it?).
It's not working for me on the 3DS version either. Guess there are still differences between the two versions...

Bill'sPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
frestyb
It's not working for me on the 3DS version either. Guess there are still differences between the two versions...
the whole point of throwing them up is to have three in the air at once, so when you pull a fourth, you fail and pull nothing, so if that isn't working, it must just be a difference between games like smockers said

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dark theorized that this was caused by the game thinking Peach has a turnip in her hand. You can see her hand and fingers open as if she was holding one. Who knows why it affects her parasol like it does.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
the whole point of throwing them up is to have three in the air at once, so when you pull a fourth, you fail and pull nothing, so if that isn't working, it must just be a difference between games like smockers said
It doesn't work on the 3DS so yea it must be. Weird!

Dark theorized that this was caused by the game thinking Peach has a turnip in her hand. You can see her hand and fingers open as if she was holding one. Who knows why it affects her parasol like it does.
It seems to alter the Z axis position of Special move 'items' that are in her hands (or 'articles' as they were called in Brawl from my very limited knowledge of Brawl modification lingo).

If you try to pluck another Turnip, you'll notice that she pulls it at an angle.

If you try to perform Toad, you'll notice that he's angled facing towards/away from the screen (depending on the direction you're facing).

Parasol's hitbox still sends people vertically when this glitch is active but the hitbox stays with the Parasol despite it being horizontal. Due to the positioning of the hitbox, it's much easier to hit grounded opponents with this as you can glide into them with the sideways Parasol as opposed to having to wait for the tips of the vertical Parasol to hit them when you're landing. Might make for an interesting mix up in a custom moves match...

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
It doesn't work on the 3DS so yea it must be. Weird!

It seems to alter the Z axis position of Special move 'items' that are in her hands (or 'articles' as they were called in Brawl from my very limited knowledge of Brawl modification lingo).

If you try to pluck another Turnip, you'll notice that she pulls it at an angle.

If you try to perform Toad, you'll notice that he's angled facing towards/away from the screen (depending on the direction you're facing).

Parasol's hitbox still sends people vertically when this glitch is active but the hitbox stays with the Parasol despite it being horizontal. Due to the positioning of the hitbox, it's much easier to hit grounded opponents with this as you can glide into them with the sideways Parasol as opposed to having to wait for the tips of the vertical Parasol to hit them when you're landing. Might make for an interesting mix up in a custom moves match...
Huh...that's so cool!

Top Bottom