• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird diddy trick..

intOx

Smash Cadet
so, yeah, i haven't been able to pull it off for a 2nd time yet (wish i was freakin recording) but... here it goes, i'll try and explain what happened...lol

i was running left towards the end of FD and short hopped, had a wolf right behind me. at the apex of my short hop, i did a diddy hump in the opposite direction but also hit something else at the same time which caused me to move down at the same time, rapidly. it kind of looked like a weird wave dash.

if you can imagine running left, short hopping and then diddy humping back to the right but at the same time moving in a diagonally down-right manner. it happened really quick and i accidentally pressed something else at the 'wrong' time and was able to 'juke' my opponent for the win.

i don't know how else to describe what happened and i haven't been able to recreate the move yet. if anyone has any luck please record! i'll be doing the same [: i'll tell you this though if you could pull it off 90% of the time in a match, it'd be more useful than wave dashing or anything of the sort hands down...

intOx

Smash Cadet
side b aka the "diddy hump"

but yeah i know what a b reversal is and im pretty sure it wasnt. i moved diagonally...

Robiin

Smash Cadet
I did this too, but instead of flying down, I flew upwards. Made a super-awesoime recovery from below Final Destination. Dunno how it happened though :/

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
So Diddy's facehump is glitchy.

That rocks and sucks at the same time, but nobody's posted a negative feedback of forward B glitches, so as long as that trend continues I think nobody will complain (except maybe our opponents)

intOx

Smash Cadet
I did this too, but instead of flying down, I flew upwards. Made a super-awesoime recovery from below Final Destination. Dunno how it happened though :/
yeah i think that's a discovered technique. can't think of the name atm but i read about it. like you said, you did the exact opposite thing as i did in pretty much the same exact spot but i was above FD lol.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
With things like this, if I haven't experienced it, and I haven't seen a video of it, I kinda tend to ignore it until there is some evidence.

I'm always up for new ideas/techniques/glitches though. :)

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a B-Reversal. What move did you do again? Side B?
haha i lol'd really hard. when I need verification of what someone said before, I read it again. If I don't get it that time, then maybe I'll read it a third time. But after that, I might get them to repeat it in a new post and then I'll read that.

haha sorry just givin you a hard time.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
so, yeah, i haven't been able to pull it off for a 2nd time yet (wish i was freakin recording) but... here it goes, i'll try and explain what happened...lol

i was running left towards the end of FD and short hopped, had a wolf right behind me. at the apex of my short hop, i did a diddy hump in the opposite direction but also hit something else at the same time which caused me to move down at the same time, rapidly. it kind of looked like a weird wave dash.

if you can imagine running left, short hopping and then diddy humping back to the right but at the same time moving in a diagonally down-right manner. it happened really quick and i accidentally pressed something else at the 'wrong' time and was able to 'juke' my opponent for the win.

i don't know how else to describe what happened and i haven't been able to recreate the move yet. if anyone has any luck please record! i'll be doing the same [: i'll tell you this though if you could pull it off 90% of the time in a match, it'd be more useful than wave dashing or anything of the sort hands down...
I can't understand little 8 year old asian grammar and punctuation. No offence but it sounded like you were talking gibberish to me.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shrug, there seems to be glitches with Diddy. Aside from the rising Up-B, I sometimes watch my character...for lack of a better term...wavedash. I can't figure out how it happens, its only happened in online play so maybe lag has something to do with it, but the animation looks exactly like a wavedash or a pivot throw, except I'm never holding a banana. Sigh, if only online matches weren't four stock, I think I may intentionally lose a match early just to record it and try and duplicate the oddity.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not sure, but i think i did something like this. I was versing a Dedede and he started sucking in as i was landing side b, but wasn't totally on the ground yet, and it kinda sucked me in but went right through him and kinda slid. Something like that i couldn't record the match, stupid 3 minute thing >.<

Top Bottom