• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird DACUS

ttocs

Smash Rookie
Tonight I DACUSed using just the control stick and A. I was coming out of a fair or bair, can't remember, and was chasing with a dash attack. But I ended up over rotating my stick and I somehow dacused without even touching the c-stick or any other button.

It's possible my finger tapped the Z button (I have it set to attack) but I found it really weird and kind of infuriating that I did one of the hardest things to pull off in all of brawl.. on complete accident. And whenever I WANT to dacus I never can ;_;

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Could you have buffered the DA then done the upsmash?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
That's strange.

Maybe you double tapped A? I dont know if that works, but unless you pressed Z, i dont think it would be possible to do that.

A few days ago I just woke up one night and lo and behold I could DACUS consistently. 9 times in a row. I used this new found ability to learn how to time it quickly before it stopped working, and I can get it like, one in two times now.

I think the problem people have is that they hit up and A too early. Try waiting a little longer after hitting C-stick down.

What usually happens when you try to dacus? d-air, regular upsmash, dash attack, etc... I can help you out.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
I always just end up dash attacking. When I'm messing around in training mode or when people need to pause I'll just push them to the edge and unpause and practice it, and I can get it over half the time

it's just in matches i can rarely do it.

I don't claw so I blame part of the difficulty on that

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I always just end up dash attacking. When I'm messing around in training mode or when people need to pause I'll just push them to the edge and unpause and practice it, and I can get it over half the time

it's just in matches i can rarely do it.

I don't claw so I blame part of the difficulty on that
I find the claw really helps. For me anyway.

If you're dash attacking then you're hitting up+A too late.

It's possible you are hitting it too early too. Do you hit C-stickdown and Up+A roughly at the same time? There should be a brief pause after c-stickdown.

I think it's only useful to get to the edge of the stage quickly so you can edgeguard.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
I find the claw really helps. For me anyway.

If you're dash attacking then you're hitting up+A too late.

It's possible you are hitting it too early too. Do you hit C-stickdown and Up+A roughly at the same time? There should be a brief pause after c-stickdown.

I think it's only useful to get to the edge of the stage quickly so you can edgeguard.
What are all the button-press methods of doing a DACUS?
Like, does doing a dash attack with A and then pushing up on the C-Stick work?
Or is it just the C-Stickdown + Up+A thing...

Since using Up+A usually causes a jump with tap-jump on, I wanted to find another method of doing the DACUS.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
What are all the button-press methods of doing a DACUS?
Like, does doing a dash attack with A and then pushing up on the C-Stick work?
Or is it just the C-Stickdown + Up+A thing...

Since using Up+A usually causes a jump with tap-jump on, I wanted to find another method of doing the DACUS.
Check the guide.

Top Bottom