• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly twitch.tv SSB Stream featuring Isai (TONIGHT 8/11 8:00pm PST) NOW WITH MIC

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
he's busy living his life... jobs, girlfriends, housing--these take a lot of time.

be patient & respectful & maybe he'll be more willing to stream from time to time.

malva00

Smash Master
Sorry GUYZ. I will try to stream MORE. I think I will do it on my channel so I do not have to worry about using the CLASH and can do it whenever; but that means it could be random times and you will have no warning unless you are following me.

Shears

Smash Master
Sorry GUYZ. I will try to stream MORE. I think I will do it on my channel so I do not have to worry about using the CLASH and can do it whenever; but that means it could be random times and you will have no warning unless you are following me.
Honestly this is a better option for you in a lot of ways. By using CT you're restricting yourself and have an expectation, so streaming becomes a job instead of a hobby. Additionally, by using your own channel coupled with your popularity, you could easily get a large subscriber base and partner with twitch which means you can actually make an income playing this game (don't quit your day job though). If you use your own channel, post on twitter, reddit, etc. you could easily get a larger viewership and subscriber count than you ever had before with CT and the return on that would be more profitable and more convenient.

Derek Bancarz

Smash Cadet
What is your channel?

The Prince L

Smash Apprentice
Nice ! Can we have a link of your channel please ?

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
thanks for posting a link to isai's stream & i noticed that you changed your main to luigi saltsizzle glad you finally came to your senses... :)

cool cool cool cool cool!!

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
thanks for posting a link to isai's stream & i noticed that you changed your main to luigi saltsizzle glad you finally came to your senses... :)

cool cool cool cool cool!!
No problem! Also hit that reply button so I can see when you are talking to me.

I'm still going through a main crisis right now so I just threw luigi in the signature because I like him in both melee and 64.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
No problem! Also hit that reply button so I can see when you are talking to me.

I'm still going through a main crisis right now so I just threw luigi in the signature because I like him in both melee and 64.
i'm having the same problem with deciding on a main... my strongest character is probably kirby, but my luigi is pretty fluid & nasty as well & he's most likely my current secondary.

i am, however, trying to make a point of getting as good as i can with the entire cast... 12-cb skillz ftw!! :)

Last edited:

Maliki

Smash Ace
I obviously don't know about Isais personal life or how busy he is on a day to day basis. But if He were to be streaming and giving the 64 community exposure through his gameplay I think that would really help our community grow. Everybody outside the 64 community pictures him like the God of 64 and maybe they would watch him play. Community's like melee are always having players like leffen and hungry box stream gameplay. Having a player like isai stream could possibly help our community grow. Again I don't know how busy he is or anything like that I just think if he did it it could be benificial to the community.

Shears

Smash Master
Time is obviously the biggest problem. What he should do is link his twitch account to his smashboards account. Even if he isn't streaming often, whenever he does, this will enable the reddit/twitter/whatever it is bot to automatically add the stream to a list of active smash streams and bring in a bunch of random viewers. Additionally, he should post on reddit or twitter whenever he streams. Unfortunately, he is fairly busy and I imagine he doesn't care to use reddit or twitter even when he has the time. If anyone is a frequent viewer of his streams I recommend them taking the time to post to these outlets whenever Isai does choose to stream.

Btw, if anyone in the community streams at all ever, then you should take these same steps. Link SB account to twitch account. Post on reddit/twitter when stream goes live.

malva00

Smash Master
I've played Mariguas online on mulitple days over the past 1-2 weeks. Getting into a match quickly sounds more relaxing than having to set up everything for a stream. I think laziness plays an issue here as well as being "busy" XD.

I have also went into smashFU asking for p2p matches and have played some other people as well.

Last edited:

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
I've played Mariguas online on mulitple days over the past 1-2 weeks. Getting into a match quickly sounds more relaxing than having to set up everything for a stream. I think laziness plays an issue here as well as being "busy" XD.

I have also went into smashFU asking for p2p matches and have played some other people as well.
how about getting some people to come to you for some console? Or possibly driving to someone's nearby for console, and then stream that? Or at least record…I'm sure we'd all love to see some new console Isai was well :^)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master

LOL how much work does setting up the stream take? Double click OBS. Single click "Start Streaming".

Shears

Smash Master
Set up screen regions, netplay, audio settings, bitrate, depending on what you want, it can take a while to setup.
Netplay will have to be setup whether he is streaming or not. Bitrate is set the first time, which he has already streamed before. Screen regions, same thing. Audio settings, same thing. He has streamed in the past so all the settings and everything are already configured. I stream every single week and the only reason I have 2 minutes of set up time is because its on console and I need to plug everything in. As far as OBS goes I don't have any work to do.

Oh and with StreamManager from AdvancedBrackets editing names and everything is a piece of cake.

Sangoku

Smash Master
how about getting some people to come to you for some console? Or possibly driving to someone's nearby for console, and then stream that? Or at least record…I'm sure we'd all love to see some new console Isai was well :^)
We're currently trying to set something up. I and a few others would be down to play him this weekend.

We're waiting for his words though.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
My heart stopped for a moment when i read isai's post about becoming a streamer XD

malva00

Smash Master
LOL how much work does setting up the stream take? Double click OBS. Single click "Start Streaming".
You forgot making sure family doesn't use internet; cleaning up desktop so no one sees something offensive when pj64k crashes, getting players, texting GF cuz I'd be off skype.

I sometimes play for a few matches and then that's it. Would be a pain for both audience and me if I go online for like 15 minutes and then go offline just like that. Streaming maybe isn't worth it unless I go for an extended period of time.

Morin0

Smash Lord
So that explains your STUFF folder. :awesome:

easy fix for that is to simply hide your desktop's icons. Right click your desktop -> view -> hide desktop icons; keep the pj64k folder open if you need to reopen pj64k.

but yeah, sometimes you only have a small amount of time to play, so streaming is not worth it. Stream when you feel like you'll be on for a while.

Last edited:

Derek Bancarz

Smash Cadet
You forgot making sure family doesn't use internet; cleaning up desktop so no one sees something offensive when pj64k crashes, getting players, texting GF cuz I'd be off skype.

I sometimes play for a few matches and then that's it. Would be a pain for both audience and me if I go online for like 15 minutes and then go offline just like that. Streaming maybe isn't worth it unless I go for an extended period of time.
They're super cool to watch. I'd donate/play

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
Isai don't feel pressured into doing anything man. Live your life, glad you're doing well!

Everyone else, I'm pretty sure he knows that we would all like to see him play. At this point we are all just beating a dead horse.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Everyone else, I'm pretty sure he knows that we would all like to see him play. At this point we are all just beating a dead horse.
Its not only the fact that we would all enjoy watching him play. Isai whether he likes it or not is someone that can help this community grow more than anyone else i believe. He is seen by everyone as such a dominant player and thought of as the best in the world. But he doesn't get that involved in the community he keeps to himself mostly from what i have noticed. Of course he is entitled to do that and his personal life is none of my business( taking into consideration how busy he might be or whatever ). But I feel if he were more involved it would help our community. Having the player that so many people look up to involved could easily help. I don't know he obviously doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.

Top Bottom