• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Weekly Saturday Smash At Gorilla Games Naperville.

Weekly Saturday Smash At Gorilla Games Naperville.
Posted by GorillaGames
Gorilla Games Naperville
Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

GorillaGames

Smash Rookie
Gorilla Games is hosting Super Smash Bros. Wii U every Saturday night! $5 entry fee with prizes for the top spots!!!

Bring your own controller or use our Wii-motes. Yes we have a GameCube controller adapter...

Bracketed play starts at 6PM

Store credit prize payout based on entry fees:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
(All prizes are rounded down to the nearest $5)

For every 10 people that show up a $5 random prize will be given out to anyone that does not place.

If you bring a full Wii U setup (consul, cords, all current DLC for Smash and all characters unlocked) you will get $1 off your entry fee. Limited to the first 4 setups.

PS. We are open to other formats and versions of Smash as well. If enough people show up wanting to play a different generation of Smash we will begin to add other tournament times for Melee, Brawl, 64...ECT.

http://www.meetup.com/Gorilla-Games-Naperville/
https://www.facebook.com/GorillaGamesIL/events

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey GG owners. I'm interested in a melee tourney. Melee has a big scene in the area, with WIT gaming (not far from your location) pulling in ~50 people every week, on Fridays.

This Friday obviously doesn't have a tournament because of the holiday, so there is a lot of people looking to play on Saturday.

Generally though, people don't like store credit. Another business model you might try is $5 entry fee, $5 venue fee. You keep all of the venue fees, and pay out all of the entry fee to the winners (e.g. 60/30/10).

I worked with the gaming goat of Naperville recently to help them organize and run their melee events, and I'm willing to help you guys if you want it. Feel free to PM me any questions or concerns.

Ps- smash community mostly operates on facebook. Look for the groups "Chicago-land melee" and "aurora smash heroes". If you want, I can advertise this event for you.

Top Bottom