• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Olimar

Fino

Smash Master
Yeah, I stopped reading when I saw purple pikmin aren't good for smashes
*burns asob's pikmin ko chart*
*cries*
//ends joke
Btw, beast on doing that... you have no idea how much I refer to olly's beast usmash kills with purple. :D <3 asob

~Fino

asob4

Smash Champion
Yeah, I stopped reading when I saw purple pikmin aren't good for smashes
*burns asob's pikmin ko chart*
*cries*
//ends joke
Btw, beast on doing that... you have no idea how much I refer to olly's beast usmash kills with purple. :D <3 asob

~Fino
i never said they weren't good for smashes :[
<3

Trafl

Smash Rookie
Yellow pikmin are the "all-around" best pikmin, great knockback, decent damage, decent throw range, and high priority on attacks.

asob4

Smash Champion
they kill a lot later compared to red/blue/purple
the arc is only somewhat useful and is kinda situational
red's do more and have nearly the same trapping effect

they have the highest priority only due to the larger hit box from the electricity

red's are the best

geekd

Smash Apprentice
The bad thing about whites is that if they are at the front of the pikmin chain, then you wont be able to recover. This is something that I heard, so I need to test this out for myself.
i assure you that having a white at the forefront in no way inhibits olimars recovery

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
There seems to be many invisible obstacles that inhibit Olimar's recovery. At times I will use his up+b and it will shoot right past the stage in the attack animation, sometimes right through the ledge without grabbing it. I fall to my death.

Top Bottom