• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Game & Watch

mimic_king

Smash Lord
game and watch is much better in this game. his new BAIR and NAIR are very effective. though his up-b doesn't go as high anymore, he has a parachute at the end of it and he can attack after doing it.

one thing i don't like about him is that he charges down his DAIR. none of the moves did that in melee but in brawl they do. you can easily miss it now and accidentally suicide with it.

other than that game and watch is a good character

lil cj

Smash Lord
If this has been discussed already....sorry:)
Im still new with G&W...lol
Did anyone know bair can stage spike your opponent?
I was training with G&W against Ganon and while he was hanging on the ledge I did a bair and it stage spiked him at 0%. I tested this out more and noticed it only works if the turtle does the last downward bite motion.It was funny to see Ganon get spiked...lol:)

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
game and watch is much better in this game. his new BAIR and NAIR are very effective. though his up-b doesn't go as high anymore, he has a parachute at the end of it and he can attack after doing it.

one thing i don't like about him is that he charges down his DAIR. none of the moves did that in melee but in brawl they do. you can easily miss it now and accidentally suicide with it.

other than that game and watch is a good character
... if you suicide G&W's d air you fail... press down to make the fall into a normal fast fall during the move... even if you don't you still should have more than enough room to jump and Up B..

...i'd spend more time telling you about this but i lol'd at your last post so i'm not gunna bother

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I tried that, but it doesn't react till you are nearly off the stage. Then it's too late.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
If you slow fall they key by pressing down, there is plenty of time to jump and upB
apparently from what he said he's trying to start his D air in ridiculous situations lol otherwise you should never SD with G&W

lol at the 'doesn't kick in' by the way lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sometimes I forget that I used my Up-B and just fall to my death LOL.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This really doesn't need to be stickied any more.

windphenox

Smash Rookie
i say mrgaw should have better match ups against big heavy characters like bowser because of his speed and shairs (short hop airs)

Top Bottom