• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Smashing Ramen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

1595466762037.png

Smashing Ramen

This AMA's subject is Smashboards' Weekly AMA runner and Min Min support thread starter, Smashing Ramen!

This is a redux, as Smashing Ramen had an AMA last year. I'd recommend checking that one out, in case your question has already been asked. Sometimes, a question has a different answer as time goes on, so depending on the question you may want to ask it again anyway!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Smashing Ramen has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , you BETTER BE READY! :mad:

I'll start:
  1. How did you feel when Min Min was announced for Smash?
  2. What are your 3 favorite video games of all time?
  3. Will you be buying a PS5 or Xbox Series X? Which one(s) and why?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The head chef gets served the meal he is so used to dishing out to the love of Smashboards.

My questions.

1. Do you do any creative projects? Like creative writing, animation or anything?

2. What five countries would you like to visit?

3. Where did the idea of doing the AMA came from? And any memorable ones for you since it began?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. How much ramen do you consume on a weekly basis?
  2. What music have you been jamming to lately?
  3. When are your Corrin pfps coming back? :-P

osby

Smash Obsessed
1. Who would win a fight between Corrin and Min Min?
2. Do any of your other faves have rhyming names and/or stretchy limbs?
3. Did you ever had strong feelings over a book?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
1. How have you been handling quarantine? Made any new discoveries or interests?

2. What would be your ideal video game or games? Like what kind of game would you make if you had the power to?

3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. How does it feel to have your own AMA even though you now coordinate all the other AMAs?
2. If you could add 1 song into Smash, what would it be?
3. Can you please write a haiku about Min Min?

straven

Smash Rookie

View attachment 279799
Smashing Ramen

This AMA's subject is Smashboards' Weekly AMA runner and Min Min support thread starter, Smashing Ramen!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Smashing Ramen has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , you BETTER BE READY! :mad:

I'll start:
do you like silami on your sandwich?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  1. Are there any game series that you've wanted to get into but haven't done so yet?
  2. What are your favorite cartoons and/or anime?
  3. What new game are you the most excited for?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Thanks once again for setting this up, Strong

Quick heads up that this is a redux, assuming I had an AMA last year. I'd recommend checking that one out too, so we don't get too many repeats

20200706_204343.jpg

I legitimately could believe it! Out of 15 potential candidate for the ARMS rep, they landed on the one I was gunning for, for years at that point! She was pretty much a pipedream for me! This was the character I named myself after and whose support thread I ran. I was in a discord vc when the presentation happened, and I screamed so loud when the trailer opened in the ramen shop lol. I spent the previous 3 months expecting Spring Man cuz mascot yadayada, so glad I was wrong! Props to based Yabuki coming in and pushing for his girl, he's definitely earned my respect. 2020 has not been a fun year so it was really nice to get something more than redeemable out of it for once.

2. Lesee...
  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
  2. Minecraft
  3. Rhythm Heaven Megamix
3. Think I'm gonna hold off on both for now, not really in the dough right now to get another console. Besides I'll be good with my Xbox One for the next few years assuming the Series X games will be cross-compatible for a good long while. That being said though, I don't have a Sony counterpart so I may consider a PS5 in the future idk.
The head chef gets served the meal he is so used to dishing out to the love of Smashboards.

My questions.

1. Do you do any creative projects? Like creative writing, animation or anything?

2. What five countries would you like to visit?

3. Where did the idea of doing the AMA came from? And any memorable ones for you since it began?
1.Eh... Not really... I run a YouTube channel where I talk about Nintendo and Smash sporadically, but that's about it.

2. Japan, France, Italy, Egypt, and Ireland. The first four cuz they seem like super cool and exotic places. And Ireland cuz that's my a good amount of heritage

3. I actually didn't start the AMAs. But if I were to guess the reasoning, probably just to know the users here a bit better. These started... I wanna say March last year and had several different hosts over the course of like six months or so before it ultimately ended being stuck with me. As for for highlights, uh... Venus of the Desert Bloom's was fun cuz it was interesting to do one for a mod lol.

Anyways it's getting late here, I'll answer the rest in the morning. In the meantime, keep em coming!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. Do you make your own ramen(as in a shop, not just homemade noodles for dinner), or, if not, has Min Min inspired you to?
2. Do you think we'll get another dragon-themed DLC character in Smash? Mii costumes aside.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  1. How much ramen do you consume on a weekly basis?
  2. What music have you been jamming to lately?
  3. When are your Corrin pfps coming back? :-P
1. I've actually been trying to have ramen as seldom as possible. Even once a week is generous at times. That stuff ain't kind on your kidneys, I already have enough sodium in my diet as is. I will say though, that I probably had ramen like... two or three times during the week of Min's confirmation cuz I felt obligated to lol.

2. Been listening to a lotta video game OSTs as of late, including Street Fighter, Splatoon, Jet Set Radio, Sonic, and Smash to name a few.

3. I've been swamped with Min Min art left and right and I feel like I need to put em to good use. That being said more corrin avatars ain't too out of the question, I'm just not sure when lol.
  1. Why do you like Min Min so much?
  2. Are you more of an optimist or a pessimist?
  3. Have you ever filled your shoes with lasagna? If not, why not?
1. I love her design, one of the best I've seen for a video game character in a long time. She's just beaming with style and personality.

2. That's hard to say, maybe more on the pessimistic side of things thanks to my anxiety and PTSD. Idk man, I have really weird mood swings. One moment I'm on top of the world and next I'm freaking out about the slightest thing, thinking it's gonna spell doom and gloom.

3. No, cuz I actually really dig Mondays

1. Who would win a fight between Corrin and Min Min?
2. Do any of your other faves have rhyming names and/or stretchy limbs?
3. Did you ever had strong feelings over a book?
1. Hmmmmm... that's hard to say, maybe Min Min given she's more used to combat.

2. Nah, the comparisons between Corrin and Min Min were completely coincidental and had no effect on my preference for the other. Though it did give us a pretty neat spirt battle.

3. I can't recall the last time I've even read a book lol. Needless to say, they ain't really my forte.

1. How have you been handling quarantine? Made any new discoveries or interests?

2. What would be your ideal video game or games? Like what kind of game would you make if you had the power to?

3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.
1. Quarantine's been weird man, given my job in grocery I was considered an essential worker, so the free time I have hasn't really changed too much. That being said I've definitely gotten into some new stuff to really up my spirits during these trying times. Been playing a couple more games, bought New Horizons and played Kingdom Hearts for the first time to name a few.

2. A Smash Bros-esque fighting game centered around Disney and it's colorful cast of characters. Been trying to streamline a roster for it too, and I may show it off in the future idk. I'd also love to see a rhythm game, think something like Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations and Temple Run mixed in with Beat Saber and HarmoKnight. You automatically run through a level all whilst slashing bad guys, ducking, jumping and the like all to the beat of the song. Like Unleashed/Colors/Generations the perspective would change from third person to 2D side scrolling from time to time.

3. Idk, I'd probably just chill with em. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1. How does it feel to have your own AMA even though you now coordinate all the other AMAs?
2. If you could add 1 song into Smash, what would it be?
3. Can you please write a haiku about Min Min?
1. A little weird ngl. Really interesting to see the other side of things for once.

2. Shark Bytes from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion.

3. She has stretchy limbs
She loves delicious ramen
And now she's in Smash
do you like silami on your sandwich?
1. Yes, one of the most underrated meats on the planet.
  1. Are there any game series that you've wanted to get into but haven't done so yet?
  2. What are your favorite cartoons and/or anime?
  3. What new game are you the most excited for?
1. Fire Emblem, really interested in the permadeath mechanic due to enjoying nuzlockes and stuff. You grow an attachment to your team, so it's always sad to see one bite the dust.

2. This might sound blasphemous, but I've never really been a huge anime fan lol. As for cartoons, Phineas and Ferb is one of my all-time favorites easily.

3. Aside from Breath of the Wild 2... nothing really tbh... mostly just in it for Smash DLC at this point lol
1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. Do you make your own ramen(as in a shop, not just homemade noodles for dinner), or, if not, has Min Min inspired you to?
2. Do you think we'll get another dragon-themed DLC character in Smash? Mii costumes aside.
1. I believe answered this question last time, and the answer is still no.

2. Not really, I ain't that much of a cook all things considered lol

3. I mean, I'm feeling Ryu Hayabusa's pretty likely for one. He's a got a bit of a dragon motif going on. "Ryu" literally means "Dragon" in Japanese.

Keep em coming y'all, still got a whole week.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Favourite Nickelodeon character? (For me it's Lincoln from Loud House.)
2. What do you think of Australia and would you like to visit it one day?
3. Do you think that Kirby needs a 4th newcomer since Brawl?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Favourite Nickelodeon character? (For me it's Lincoln from Loud House.)
2. What do you think of Australia and would you like to visit it one day?
3. Do you think that Kirby needs a 4th newcomer since Brawl?
1. I personally connect with Squidward on a spiritual level

2. I've heard how scary your snakes, spiders, cassowaries, and the like are. No offense, but I wouldn't touch Australia with a ten foot pole. I do wonder what's it's like living at a 180° angle 24/7 though :p

3. Eh... Not really... Never really been a "slots" sort of guy tbh. I will say Bandanna Dee has been one of my consistent wants, just not quite a top priority.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  1. Dogs or cats?
  2. On a scale from 1-1000 how fun is Min Min?
  3. How do you like your eggs?
  4. What's your favorite meme right now?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  1. Dogs or cats?
  2. On a scale from 1-1000 how fun is Min Min?
  3. How do you like your eggs?
  4. What's your favorite meme right now?
1. Cats. Dogs are great too, no offense, but there's something about cats that just feels so human. Their curiousity, their occasional stupidity, all of it just feels so relatable. Also, they cute man.
2. 1001, new main main. Already my most played character by a longshot. Playstyle takes some getting used to, but when you nail it, she's a blast. Especially love the ARMS swaping mechanic, really makes you think strategically
3. Hard boiled ftw
4. If you're referring to current ones, uh... I found the "everything is cake" meme pretty amusing. As for memes in general, the Star Wars prequels have some really good juice.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
how confident are you in spring man's chances for the upcoming ARMS fighter

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
how confident are you in spring man's chances for the upcoming ARMS fighter
70%

Nintendo's picking, and they're gonna wanna favor the poster boy, just so people can glance at the boxart and go "aw yeah, that's the dude in Smash" and pick up ARMS without even second guessing the $60 price tag. Capitalism at it's finest.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I realize I forgot to alter my last question to if you didn’t have any Pokémon in mind, then just pick any number of fictional characters that would be fine.
idk... Maybe enjoy some international cuisine with Min Min for one?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Boxers or briefs?

Dutch Raikuna

Japan, France, Italy, Egypt, and Ireland. The first four cuz they seem like super cool and exotic places. And Ireland cuz that's my a good amount of heritage.

Anyways it's getting late here, I'll answer the rest in the morning. In the meantime, keep em coming!
I love your country choices. And that's like what, five people here who want to go to Ireland? I'm glad to see it.....provided you all visit where I roughly am. And you are one with Irish heritage, would like to hear about it one day in the future.

Two more questions from me.

1. If you could interview any fictional character, who would it be? And what questions would you ask them?

2. Cause I've been reading a lot of it today. What's your favourite period of history or one that you think is overlooked?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...It didn't link to your previous AMA, and I forgot you had one before. My bad.

Anyway;

1. Favorite flavor of Ramen?
2. You ever try out Miso Soup?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have you ever played Journey? If so, what'd you think of it?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. What's your favorite video game controller?
  2. What animated Disney movies do you consider criminally underrated?
  3. What is the circumference of a moose?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sorry for the late responses, got sidetracked by stuff like the Xbox event, then had to go and work.
Two more questions from me.

1. If you could interview any fictional character, who would it be? And what questions would you ask them?

2. Cause I've been reading a lot of it today. What's your favourite period of history or one that you think is overlooked?
1. I gonna give you the benefit of the doubt assuming you're a fresher face here, but...

I think this one speaks for itself

2. I've always been interested in feudal Japan for one.

...It didn't link to your previous AMA, and I forgot you had one before. My bad.

Anyway;

1. Favorite flavor of Ramen?
2. You ever try out Miso Soup?
1. Chicken, mmmmm...

2. No I have not.
One last question:

On a scale on one to wishing to deck me with charged Megawatt, how mad would you be if I started referring to Min Min as “Pasta Patty”?
MEGAWATT? YOU'RE GETTING THE FULL ON RUSH ATTACK FOR THAT ONE! :p
Have you ever played Journey? If so, what'd you think of it?
I have not yet, nope.
  1. What's your favorite video game controller?
  2. What animated Disney movies do you consider criminally underrated?
  3. What is the circumference of a moose?
1. The Xbox One's. Excellent form, good button placement, overall a solid controller. Honorable mention to the GameCube's.

2. About time people asked me something Disney related lol. For one, 2007's Meet The Robinsons. While it definitely has flaws (eg. too many characters not given enough depth and screentime, and a sorta rushed and off third act), this is still a movie with a ton of heart, a great message, and is a good time overall. Not even the core Disney fandom seems to bother with this one, and that's kind of a shame. Granted I grew up watching this movie billions of times as a kid, so I may be fairly biased lol.

3. Well... This is ingrained into my Google search history now... I hope you're happy

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

What is the circumference of a moose?
Suite Life reference? If so, very nice.

So Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku my final three questions.

1. If there was a proper Min-Min figure out, how fast would you buy it?

2. Rice, noodles or fries? I probably know the answer but I'm interested.

3. Following up from your countries comment. Where in any of the places like Ireland or Italy specifically (be it town or something) would you want to visit the most?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Suite Life reference? If so, very nice.

So Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku my final three questions.

1. If there was a proper Min-Min figure out, how fast would you buy it?

2. Rice, noodles or fries? I probably know the answer but I'm interested.

3. Following up from your countries comment. Where in any of the places like Ireland or Italy specifically (be it town or something) would you want to visit the most?
1. I mean a Min Min amiibo is inevitable. Once that crops up, I may consider preordering that sucker

2. Fries. :yeahboi:

3. I've always been interested in thes Usual subjects. Tokyo, Paris, maybe Rome etc. Maybe also Kyoto cuz I wanna see Nintendo's stomping ground

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom