• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Warriors - Voting on a Tier!

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
RU is a fun tier.

Effectively out-stalled a stall team on my ballanced one by switching between Slowking and Tengrowth.
Fun stuff~

...Yeah, I vote RU next :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
CRASHiC was joking about that part.

Motherboard got fried somehow. Isn't gunna be fixed till monday.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Tourney is over, I won. I beat Albero 3-2, extremely close game 5. Alberto beat CRASHiC 3-2 and then CRASHiC left so I beat him.

Some CAP Pokemon are extremely overpowered while others are horrible.

Revenankh is way too good, best CAP pokemon by far. Also Gyarados and Pyroak are near the top too. Magnezone is amazing since everyone uses at least 2 steels. Fidget is a great support Pokemon and I forgot the last Pokemon. Oh ya, I used Choice Scarf Syclant for ultimate speed and amazing Dragon destroying ability.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks. My Polizard I made in a sprite contest and put a lot of time into it but unfortunately nobody voted for it :(. I even made the spiral without copy and pasting. The only part I don't like about it is his left thumb.

Ya, everyone was busy this week.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Revenankh is way too good, best CAP pokemon by far.
Enjoy using a Pokemon that gets trampled on by Sun, Rain, and HO while Arumoth is Gengar, Volacarona, Zoroark, Heracross, and a random Psychic type rolled in one with very few of the weaknesses any of those have. Rev is really weak because it loses to the TWO OF THE THREE BEST PLAYSTYLES (which it appears nobody was running) while Arumoth is known as the failed CAP because it's more Ubers worthy than Gene, Deo-D, Tornadus-T, or even Thundurus-I by miles. It was the broken CAP I was referring to earlier.

Also Gyarados and Pyroak are near the top too.
Pyroak sucks because he's bad against both Rain and sun. Guess nobody caught onto that, though. Gyarados is always niche, not 100% sure what it does in the CAP metagame tho.

Magnezone is amazing since everyone uses at least 2 steels.
This applies to OU as well lol

Fidget is a great support Pokemon and I forgot the last Pokemon.
Yeah Fidgit is cool because Deo-D got banned. No other reason, though.

Oh ya, I used Choice Scarf Syclant for ultimate speed and amazing Dragon destroying ability.
And pass up the +3 Tail Glow while you're at it. Has all the issues Weavile has if you slap a Scarf on it, really... and Weavile isn't good.

This shameful display is brought to you by: My laptop dying. :3

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Aurumoth is good but easily beaten. How the hell does sun beat Revenahnk. In case you didn't know Revenahnk has Moonlight. It also has Shed Skin to beat all Sleep Powdering Chlorophyll Pokemon. Syclant has U-Turn so it's not Weavile. Pyroak doesn't get destroyed by either also.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Arumoth isn't really beatable if it gets a free turn mid-game. Especially not if it gets two thanks to illusion tricks. Why Rev gets destroyed by sun is because A. No Rev should run moonlight and B. Even if you do, sun boosted fire moves force you to moonlight until you run out of PP and then die. Its bulky, but not bulky enough to not die.

Syclant, even with U-Turn, still has all of weavile's issues. It has a strength Weavile doesn't have, but that doesn't rid it of the fact that it has Weaviles main weakness: It can't counter a single Pokemon in OU, only check them.

How you could even imply Pyroak doesn't get wrecked by Rain and Sun baffles me.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Actually, yesterday I found that Aurumoth gets easily countered by Sucker Punch.

Rev, if ran with max hp and max special defense with bulk up is almost unstoppable, you either need a good hard hitting defensive specially attacking Pokemon that hits hard to beat it, or Skarm.

Kitsunoh for scarf imo.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
What Revenahnk set are you using? Who wouldnt use an amazing healing move. And the Fire attack would not do much if you see the SpD Revenahnk has. Weaviles main weakness is Stealth Rock and type coverage. Syclant easily takes care of that. Give me an example of how Rain beats Pyroak?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Uck 8PP and 25% healing in 3 weathers sure is a great Healing move.

Main Fire attackers like Volc and Tran rip holes in Rev, if you're not lucky with Shed Skin, +2 Venusaur is still going to wreck you. Every Rain attacker bar like Starmie is just going to rip holes in Rev with HPumps.

Weaville hasn't had type coverage issues since Plat. Its weaknesses are being too frail to take a hit, and hits like a slingshot without Boosts. Same as Ant.

Oak gets wrecked by Rain because it can't switch into anything. It's Water neutral, not super specially bulky, and is too slow to avoid getting outsped and 2HKO'd. Standard Rain team **** like Latis just wall the fout of it, and SR wears out Pyroak too quickly to keep coming in.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Revenahnk is amazing on sun teams also. You need to look at how Bulky he is because a Hydro Pump wont do much. You clearly dont know much about Weavile also. And did you really just say that Heatran beats Revenahnk because that is 1000000000% not true. And an attack being Neutral to a weather doesnt mean that it gets destroyed by them.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When I get laptop access back I'll just shut you up with Calcs.

Top Bottom