• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Tournaments Week 6 - Registration and Scheduling (Riddle Da Bess)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You know a lotta people be sayin,
Ubers takes no skill to be good at.
This is not to be confused,
Riddle is too good.

Cause Ubers>Everything
It's all I ever play
I love playing with my dragons
Even though it sounds real gay
Calm Mind Mewtwo always wins
Specs Kyogre never gonna
I can sweep forever I swear
I make *****es run from us

And when something's down
That means that Wobb is next up
I Encore and Mirror Coat like I don't give a ****
You might predict it, but you're out of luck
Cause I have the same build on all of my teams

First I Taunt Calm Mind and sweep
Then I Swords Dance and sweep
Then I Dark Void and sweep
Then I Thunder Wave and sweep
That makes Choice Kyogre mad
That makes Blissey mad
That makes Mewtwo mad
That makes Groudon mad
This would be the Weekend Tournament thread, not the Pokemon Poetry / Song thread. Good try, though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This would be the Weekend Tournament thread, not the Pokemon Poetry / Song thread. Good try, though.
Yes, but it's relevant to the title. If I had only posted it in the song thread it would be out of context and taken as something I started.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So if you Perish Song something, it decides to stay in, and Dunsparce comes in on the turn it dies, who gets credit for the KO? Similar questions on if something dies to Sandstorm, Hail, Struggle, or Life Orb recoil when Dunsparce is out.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Perish Song is used by another Pokemon so it wouldn't count as Dunsparce's kill.

The other options were also methods of a KO not inflicted by Dunsparce and wouldn't count on his kill counter.

Also, who leaves a Pokemon on the last turn of Perish Song aside from when it's the only option.
Furthermore, who uses Perish Song?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
People looking to score easy KOs with Dunsparce.

What happens if the score is 0-0?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It's supposed to be Round Robin for a reason. There isn't actually a winner until the end. You just tally up your amount of Dunsparce KOs and see who wins.

Although if you want to do single elimination, I guess that'd work too. In the event of a tie, the winner would just be whoever happened to win.

I'd make everyone vote on the Perish Song and residual damage stuff though. Personally, I'd say Perish Song doesn't count but SS/Hail/LO does (it can at least be used as death fodder to finish the opponent off, if nothing else). And I'd say Explosion fodder doesn't count (because the opponent has full control over whether or not they get that self sacrifice), although you never actually asked about that.

But I still say to vote.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm just throwing it out there, but you realize that Dunsparce could have merit on semi-stall, right? Paralyze, Toxic, or WoW everything and then try flinch haxing with Dunsparce. You'll either cause the death by straightforward damage or by all the residual stuff.

Thus why I vote: Affects effect.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I don't really see how you can argue against Hail/Sandstorm/etc. counting, unless you just switched in Dunsparce on that turn. If he was out for a little bit, it makes perfect sense.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Meh. That's how I see it, I guess. Also, neither you nor Writer have signed up for this yet.

Or you have and Riddle is on a boat plane so he can't edit the OP.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Clearly this makes Dragonite top tier! He has Inner Focus and Heal Bell!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Meh. That's how I see it, I guess. Also, neither you nor Writer have signed up for this yet.

Or you have and Riddle is on a boat plane so he can't edit the OP.
I'm not sure why our existence in the tournament matters for whether or not we get to vote. Especially when you consider the actual chance of people signing up this soon and just how many people will probably end up signing up.

And at least in my case for why I haven't yet, well...let's just say I don't have the most predictable of schedules. If I'm going to know whether or not I can be in the tournament, it probably won't be until the day before or the day of. And it's more likely that I won't know until the day of. Around 2, for sure.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not sure why our existence in the tournament matters for whether or not we get to vote. Especially when you consider the actual chance of people signing up this soon and just how many people will probably end up signing up.

And at least in my case for why I haven't yet, well...let's just say I don't have the most predictable of schedules. If I'm going to know whether or not I can be in the tournament, it probably won't be until the day before or the day of. And it's more likely that I won't know until the day of. Around 2, for sure.
Darn. You were the one who brought up the idea of this tournament prompt weren't you?

Top Bottom