• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

yoshq

Smash Master

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I did S!nks replays five days ago.

Ninja attack!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Id like some replays recorded whats the limit at a time again so i can sort through for most important to least important

PS easiest for me would be to send them through wii

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
read the first post the part about sending over wii.
that was the first thing i did when i found this thread o.o we have to register each other if ur the one whos gonna do em but unfortunately i cant do that till tomorrow/sunday? and when we reg each other when i send replays ill pm u my youtube account info so u can upload

yoshq

Smash Master
that was the first thing i did when i found this thread o.o we have to register each other if ur the one whos gonna do em but unfortunately i cant do that till tomorrow/sunday? and when we reg each other when i send replays ill pm u my youtube account info so u can upload
i mean the part about you can send as many as you want per day as long as you go an change the date

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i mean the part about you can send as many as you want per day as long as you go an change the date
LOL that ya i read that 2 i was asking how many do u guys take on at a time but then i went bk and read again and found it 20 is alot thats plenty enough ill post tomorrow and perhaps i can at least send them by tomorrow night if ur available

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
mmk yoshq im gonna register all your codes in my wii now u do the same w/e u can

post back when you would be able to record thx

Ugg

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm gonna need 100 replays recorded soon, preferably by Kazoo because I know he can get 720p and I have Sony Vegas so that won't go to waste, being for a combo video and such.

Thanks.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm gonna need 100 replays recorded soon, preferably by Kazoo because I know he can get 720p and I have Sony Vegas so that won't go to waste, being for a combo video and such.

Thanks.
Actually, you probably just want Kazoo to give you the unedited/unuspcaled movie files then, if it's for a combo video. The wii only does 480p naively, so he's upscaling the image (which results in some quality loss, as you're creating information that didn't exist before in the image).

Since you have Vegas, you can just tell it to output your combo video in 720p. You minimize your image quality loss, and you don't have to download NEARLY as big files. Plus he can turn them around to you faster because he doesn't have to go through the whole editing process.

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
I have a few vids I'd like someone to record for me. Not anytthing too awsome (yet); it's so I can recieve some critique

<<<< Wii FC and Brawl FC

Death note

Smash Cadet
Alright, I've downloaded 73/75 of my files. They've all turned out exceptionally great, except for 2.
This one: http://www.adrive.com/public/880bb9365f1283467e209a88ef62497fe5eb6d672b1f7a4b9874e27013801e48.html
doesn't work. It gives the "The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly." message when I try to download it.

This one: http://www.adrive.com/public/3cf5d72c7ca80ffc112ea0c484023edb2241d120667599b3a7717f1c410a8a3b.html
can't be read after I've finished downloading it. When I try to play it, my computer says that it's not a file that it understands, while all of the other ones work.

I think these can be fixed by reuploading the first one, and rerecording the second one. Unless you have a better idea, of course.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
And my laptop comes back.

Thanks.
Post a link and I'll see what I can do.

Wait, what's this?

Actually, you probably just want Kazoo to give you the unedited/unuspcaled movie files then, if it's for a combo video. The wii only does 480p naively, so he's upscaling the image (which results in some quality loss, as you're creating information that didn't exist before in the image).

Since you have Vegas, you can just tell it to output your combo video in 720p. You minimize your image quality loss, and you don't have to download NEARLY as big files. Plus he can turn them around to you faster because he doesn't have to go through the whole editing process.
Though he is stealing my job :p, he has a valid point.

My giving you the 480ps allows you to edit more on the fly and allows a faster turnaround time.

Just something for you to consider. Though pikadude is right in saying you could have a better CV if I just gave you raw files and you edited to your heart's content on Vegas, provided you have a copy, of course.

I have a few vids I'd like someone to record for me. Not anytthing too awsome (yet); it's so I can recieve some critique

<<<< Wii FC and Brawl FC
Send the bin files via a file sharing site, and be sure to zip them.

It's so much better this way.

Alright, I've downloaded 73/75 of my files. They've all turned out exceptionally great, except for 2.
This one: http://www.adrive.com/public/880bb9365f1283467e209a88ef62497fe5eb6d672b1f7a4b9874e27013801e48.html
doesn't work. It gives the "The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly." message when I try to download it.

This one: http://www.adrive.com/public/3cf5d72c7ca80ffc112ea0c484023edb2241d120667599b3a7717f1c410a8a3b.html
can't be read after I've finished downloading it. When I try to play it, my computer says that it's not a file that it understands, while all of the other ones work.

I think these can be fixed by reuploading the first one, and rerecording the second one. Unless you have a better idea, of course.
There were 73 files you sent to me.

And with that, I'm gonna hit a massive purge on my Adrive account. It's been over two weeks on my links release, so no excuses for the lazy.

And I can start taking replays again, so go go go!

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
Send the bin files via a file sharing site, and be sure to zip them.

It's so much better this way.
Can't do that... Sorry if I didn't make my problem clear enough but I can't upload my videos AT ALL... I have no cam, no SD card, no nothing.... I was hoping to just send them to one of you guys over the Wii and perhaps you could upload them for me??

Ugg

Smash Champion
Post a link and I'll see what I can do.

Wait, what's this?

Though he is stealing my job :p, he has a valid point.

My giving you the 480ps allows you to edit more on the fly and allows a faster turnaround time.

Just something for you to consider. Though pikadude is right in saying you could have a better CV if I just gave you raw files and you edited to your heart's content on Vegas, provided you have a copy, of course.
Hell, as long as I can output nice as hell HD quality on YouTube then do whatever it takes.

yoshq

Smash Master
what file sharing website should i use to upload bin files?
put them in a folder on your computer then zip the folder and upload that on www.mediafire.com
Can't do that... Sorry if I didn't make my problem clear enough but I can't upload my videos AT ALL... I have no cam, no SD card, no nothing.... I was hoping to just send them to one of you guys over the Wii and perhaps you could upload them for me??
i'll add you sometime.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Actually, I checked the link I gave you (http://www.mediafire.com/?ot1rzd1do5xcj6t), and there are 75 replay files inside there. I'm not severely hurt because of two missing files, but it'd be nice to get them.
Again, I got 73.

If you really feel two were omitted, zip those two up and I'll record them.

Hell, as long as I can output nice as hell HD quality on YouTube then do whatever it takes.
If you have Vegas, I'll make the raw files and you can edit to your heart's content.

All that's missing is the files.

Oh, and JV gave the green light on the payment issues...massive OP update coming soon. ;)

yoshq

Smash Master
tgk, i don't do textures so it's up to you. and stop complaining when they don't put the folders in the right place, just deal with it, it's not that hard.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
tgk, i don't do textures so it's up to you. and stop complaining when they don't put the folders in the right place, just deal with it, it's not that hard.
How about following directions instead?

They
need something from us, not the other way around.

Also, I'm not doing replays until I remake this OP.

-Xeroskia.

Octoling Wizard
NNID
ColeXero
Switch FC
3334-3736-0319

They

Which ones are in the wrong place? I tried to put them into the same folders they are on my SD card (assuming you have all the folders since you can do textures)

Unless you mean the replays, I just thought you'd copy/paste them into their folder too..

yoshq

Smash Master

They

yes, but you don't have to be a ****. that's completely against the spirit of this thread. i'm thinking of removing you because of how you treat the people.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Which ones are in the wrong place? I tried to put them into the same folders they are on my SD card (assuming you have all the folders since you can do textures)

Unless you mean the replays, I just thought you'd copy/paste them into their folder too..
Took a look @ the folder again...so, seeing that you're using a standard set for replays, you have everything in place.

yes, but you don't have to be a ****. that's completely against the spirit of this thread. i'm thinking of removing you because of how you treat the people.
That point is debatable, if not completely spurious.

If you were to look @ the customers I have served in the past, most would have no complaints.

At least have the backing to do this before doing it. Kthx. :033:

OP update coming up tonight.

NegX, I'll take your replays after it shows up.

yoshq

Smash Master
Took a look @ the folder again...so, seeing that you're using a standard set for replays, you have everything in place.

That point is debatable, if not completely spurious.

If you were to look @ the customers I have served in the past, most would have no complaints.

At least have the backing to do this before doing it. Kthx. :033:

OP update coming up tonight.

NegX, I'll take your replays after it shows up.
whether they have complaints or not is irrelevant. i have a complaint. you must be courteous in this thread, such as don't refuse them just because they don't put it in the right folder or a folder at all, and don't threaten to not do their replays just because they "rush" you, which is actually just asking when they will be done.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I finally typed up the new OP. If anyone has questions, ask before you nut up.

this is you tgk
One sec.

I've finally got the replays to work, could you upload them please ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2jq8vbr143jwknp
2 replays + gct file (pal version)

The gct file contains no tripping, triple jump glitch, unlimited camera and infinite replays codes.
Will this be able to work for my Wii though? :S

Basically can I put a pal gct on my American Wii? Lemme know and I'll get to working on this.

thegreatkazoo:
It's a whole new recording game, and it's for the better.

I work under this motto: Record fast, encode fast, and upload fast.

The Hauppauge HD PVR will be used for all recording that I do. There are three options for recording: 480p, 720p stretched, and 720p standard. Each of these respectively can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...BE27B001BBDD66. The default pick I will make your videos is 720p standard. You can request for one of the other two, however.

I record using Arcsoft Total Media Extreme. I edit using Sony Vegas 9.0c. I'm still learning all of the kinks (which are many), so please have some patience if there is a snag or two.

I accept all replays for any form of Brawl. I request that when you send the replays, make sure you zip any necessary files and put them in the appropriate directories (should the replay be a non standard one.) A standard replay is Vanilla Brawl with tags in the replays. I won't touch your replays until you do so.

There are a few new folds into the recording system with the thanks to JV.

Recently, there have been a larger number of requests sent in by people. While getting replays to everyone is the main goal, it is an understatement to say that it is a labor intensive process.

For example, to make a set of 6 3-minute replays, there is setup time (10 minutes), record time (25 minutes, as the stopping times and setting up another video must be taken into consideration.) From recording times, rendering time has to be added in as well, which is another 20 minutes for each video. So add another 120 minutes, plus the time needed to upload (3 1/2 to four hours), and getting the links, and you have nearly seven hours going into 18 minutes of video.
With this in mind, the current system (of uploading for free regardless of size) is unsustainable.

So, I will (and Yoshq can adapt this as needed) will be adapting a new system where a nominal fee will be added to replays exceeding a certain length. Knowing the questions will come flying, I put a Q and A below.

Q? How much?
A: I will be requiring $10 sent to my PayPal (kingshavy@gmail.com) for replays under certain conditions, as described below. You are welcome to donate more depending on your satisfaction with my services.

Q? What if I don't have a PayPal account?
A: Make one by going here: https://www.paypal.com/. Click signup, follow the directions.

Q? What if I don't have a bank account?
A: No problem. Head here and you can find out how to get a cheap check card which is reloadable.

Q? So I have to pay for all the replays you make for me?
A: Not necessarily. For anyone asking for less than 20 GB of video (approximately 4.5 hours of video on Sony Vegas), or giving me fewer than 75 links, you can still get your videos @ no cost. This will always be the case. The pay system is more for people who need a very large number of videos on their Youtube.

Q? What if I am a repeat customer?
A: I think a valued customer system is a good thing to have. So, for most previous patrons of my recording services, they can send up to 100 links or 25 GB of edited video on Sony Vegas (5.625 hours worth about.) It's my way of thanking you for being a repeat patron. ;)

Q? What happened to your "I make them in 24 hours or less?"
A? As seen on the quote, this claim is unsustainable. If you need your videos in 24 hours or less, you will have to pay for that now. NB This does not mean it will take 5 weeks to make your replays, it will just be a few more days extra (most of the time within the week.)

One more thing: All files I create will be uploaded to my youtube channel, with the exception of combo videos. For this reason, I would suggest that you send your non-CV material to Yoshq (should he be available.)

When you upload your files, be sure to include the appropriate gct file with them as well. Else, I will be using my standard gct (unlimited replays with tags in the replays.) This makes my job a whole lot easier.

Should you happen to appreciate the work that I have done, then feel free to donate. Send them via paypal to kingshavy@gmail.com.

I'm available on msn (gashavy@hotmail.com), skype (teegeekay, but you should vm before you plan to do so), aim (theboxcc), gmail (kingshavy), and fb (username teegeekay).

Hope to hear from you soon!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Will this be able to work for my Wii though? :S

Basically can I put a pal gct on my American Wii? Lemme know and I'll get to working on this.
Well if you have a Pal iso or if you force pal using Gecko it should work, I know a lot of people who use ntsc brawl on a pal wii without any problem.

And then even if it doesn't work (or you don't want to dl the pal iso) just tell me and I'll find the us version of the codes.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Well if you have a Pal iso or if you force pal using Gecko it should work, I know a lot of people who use ntsc brawl on a pal wii without any problem.

And then even if it doesn't work (or you don't want to dl the pal iso) just tell me and I'll find the us version of the codes.
I will try this later on tonight or tomorrow and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, I'll let you know.

*Picks this up*

Top Bottom