• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We really need to stop feeding these "Leakers" with "inside sources".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
I don't trust text leaks or people that say they have "Sources" without any evidence to back up their claims.

The thing with all of these leakers is that they get one thing right and 5 things wrong; this somehow makes them credible.

The reason for this is because of this simple fact: Nintendo and Bamco constantly give out false information.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1056486161940529153

Bamco stated they purposefully give out false info to snuff out leakers and track sources down.

https://youtu.be/VZ8VyX8-PV8?t=1924

Xander Mobus (the announcer for Smash 4) explains that he's given fake names to announce during the development process. "They did this a lot".

You cannot trust someone who's sources are likely flawed.

This may very well be the reason Incineroar may be so widely agreed upon. He's leak-bait.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What happened to supporting Decidueye? It's like the DNC all over again, except with video games. Decidueye is to Bernie Sanders as Incineroar is to Hillary Clinton.

Anyway, I'm glad that false information is provided so that leakers give inaccurate information. I would think these businesses would go one step further and find out who is doing the leaking and then punish them by termination, or blacklisting, or suing, or all three. I'd imagine that in video game industries, people sign a non-disclosure agreement. If such is the case, then they are breaking that agreement, and thus not following business etiquette. I find these leaks to be unethical, since it breaks trust and promises.

Last edited:

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
What happened to supporting Decidueye? It's like the DNC all over again, except with video games. Decidueye is to Bernie Sanders as Incineroar is to Hillary Clinton.

Anyway, I'm glad that false information is provided so that leakers give inaccurate information. I would think these businesses would go one step further and find out who is doing the leaking and then punish them by termination, or blacklisting, or suing, or all three. I'd imagine that in video game industries, people sign a non-disclosure agreement. If such is the case, then they are breaking that agreement, and thus not following business etiquette. I find these leaks to be unethical, since it breaks trust and promises.
They likely do it to track down the starting point and do so accordingly leaving no trace.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I beg to differ bucko
This appears legitimate. It's from Sora's Twitter account. The spelling of Kazooie can be forgiven, since the translation is from Japanese. The error is clearly on Google Translate's part. This is also from the future at 4:20 am. Vergeben suspected fans would be so overwhelmed that they'd need to inhale or consume marijuana. And the final piece of evidence that this is genuine is the amount of retweets. There aren't even one quintillion humans on Earth, but like when YouTube shut down and brought about mass-hysteria, so too with Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom