• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need to stop using quicktopic -adumb wrong, qt still amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I relatively recently I discovered an exploit in quicktopic which could lead to games being compromised.

I don't want to reveal the nature of the exploit due to the fact that it could compromise ongoing games, however I told Xivii and he can confirm that it is in fact, a potential issue.

The easiest solution is to use a use a proboards account to create a hidden password protected board for each faction within the game. Give each of the scum/masons a premade account, and give them the password to the forum as well as the URL, once the game is over, combine the topics into a completed games forum.

A premium account for quicktopic also works, but being required to spend money to mod is in my opinion, not right.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you plan on modding, yes, create an account with proboards that you can use as your home for modded games.

Proboards boards can be found, but hiding it and password protecting it will hide all contents as well as the names of the parties involved so you can freely reuse your board and it will be safe even though it is possible to find the board itself as well as potentially the url for the hidden board.

Proboards accounts do not transfer from board to board however, so if you're just planning on playing it's unnecessary.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I know what you're talking about Im pretty sure and it's flawed, yet still
capable of compromising scum. Anyways, I would suggest usergroups on here but mods can see in them,

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I am completely on board with this. I remember the times I was scum and someone made a really good read, I freaked out that they were reading our quicktopic (I was paranoid of this when AA "Predicted" our safe claims, remember adumb in FF4 mafia?) I've always felt like it was going to be exploitable since all you need is a URL but no real password.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
On AllisBrawl there is a "Group" feature. Anyone can start one, set it to private, and invite whomever they want [in the case of these games, the scumgroup]. Members of a group can start discussion in the group's forum. The owner of the group can moderate accordingly.

The only issue we have with it over there is that even private groups are visible to staff members. There are ways to get around it, though.

It's pretty cool. The feature wasn't intended for Mafia in the slightest but it was practically made for it. It'd be ideal for DGames and MS.net to have something similar.

Food for thought. Shrug.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
On AllisBrawl there is a "Group" feature. Anyone can start one, set it to private, and invite whomever they want [in the case of these games, the scumgroup]. Members of a group can start discussion in the group's forum. The owner of the group can moderate accordingly.

The only issue we have with it over there is that even private groups are visible to staff members. There are ways to get around it, though.

It's pretty cool. The feature wasn't intended for Mafia in the slightest but it was practically made for it. It'd be ideal for DGames and MS.net to have something similar.

Food for thought. Shrug.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think quicktopics can be found only after being posted in public

ill be usin em til i see evidence proving otherwise most likely

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Smashboards is invalidated by the fact that several admins play in DGames and can check the groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom