• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

we need to set a time limit on brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

derpinsmash

Smash Cadet
it seems to me that in order to solve the melee vs brawl debate what we need to do is set a specific date and on that date we vote. The game with more votes gets to officially claim they have a higher fan base, which will encourage competitive players to play that particular smash game, encourage more tournaments to be held for that game, and overall have the same effect on both games that tier lists do to people's decisions on which character to play.

but i feel not everybody should be allowed to vote. the results of this poll would mainly effect those who are willing to drive to a tournament and compete. somebody who only plays with friends will remain unaffected by this so why should they be allowed to decide the fate of competitive smash? I have no idea how you would regulate this but if you have never competed in a smash tournament you should not be allowed to vote. there would also have to be ways to prevent people from using alt accounts to vote twice and whatnot.

anyway, thats my 2 cents. feel free to post how you think this debate should be solved or just turn this thread into another melee vs brawl thread if you like. personally i don't mind the multiple melee vs brawl threads as they help others make a decision for themselves.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
...I hope this is a joke, even though it isn't that funny. A 'vote'? No, the problem is that people are arguing, which wouldn't be solved by a 'vote'. A 'vote' would make people argue MORE up until the day of said 'vote', after which, nothing would change because the 'losing' party would (I guarantee this) try to say the the opposite party would use said 'vote' to force them to play whichever way the 'winning' party said was the 'right way to play'.

No way in hell.

derpinsmash

Smash Cadet
in the end, some people are going to be forced into a particular game due to their being a lack of tournaments for the other one anyway. why not release some statistics so one group can go "hey what do you know. we are the majority!" and overall speed the process along. I highly doubt we can make everyone happy here.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
it seems to me that in order to solve the melee vs brawl debate what we need to do is set a specific date and on that date we vote. The game with more votes gets to officially claim they have a higher fan base, which will encourage competitive players to play that particular smash game, encourage more tournaments to be held for that game, and overall have the same effect on both games that tier lists do to people's decisions on which character to play.

but i feel not everybody should be allowed to vote. the results of this poll would mainly effect those who are willing to drive to a tournament and compete. somebody who only plays with friends will remain unaffected by this so why should they be allowed to decide the fate of competitive smash? I have no idea how you would regulate this but if you have never competed in a smash tournament you should not be allowed to vote. there would also have to be ways to prevent people from using alt accounts to vote twice and whatnot.

anyway, thats my 2 cents. feel free to post how you think this debate should be solved or just turn this thread into another melee vs brawl thread if you like. personally i don't mind the multiple melee vs brawl threads as they help others make a decision for themselves.
Please shut the h3ll up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom