• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need to have a talk.

Renth

Smash Hero
Every Ganon player does this

We all need to stop this, almost all of us immediately jump after getting out of hit stun. It is predictable, highly punishable and is a key thing a lot of people use against Ganondorf mains. (and other large characters) In this video Loki did this motion 3 times in a row out of habit/instinct.

We all need to break this habit if we want to get farther with the character, that motion has cost us too much already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4XybQEFZzg&t=3m27s

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i've noticed this as well. it's still a habit, but i've made some steps towards breaking it and don't do it nearly as much.

OneShot

Smash Rookie
These are the kind of things we need to evaluate so we can move along with progressing Ganon :D

Renth

Smash Hero
In Loki's defense.

The 2nd one was the proper time to do it, to avoid being hit.

However it becoming a habit and doing it every time is a big no no

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya that conforms with fundamentals where if you are above someone then your DJ needs to determine when you are going to be safe or not. All depends on jump height and moves.

It's ok though, I'll teach Loki more things so he gets even stronger!

Last edited:

PunkAaron

Smash Cadet
NNID
PunkAaron
Played a couple of games to see if I did this and sure enough I'm a victim. Trying to change right now.

Renth

Smash Hero
PunkAaron North/Central Florida?

I'm in Gainesville if you wanna learn some Ganon stuff I can show you the world

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
I have this habit lol but i try to break it cause it screws me over a lot.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking about this the other day, along with trying to watch videos of my Dorf along with others, and noticing that Wizard's Foot in the air for recovery is highly predictable and a habit as well.
This was one video that I noticed it in, along with the University of Lethbridge matches.
Just watch the Magus parts since the vid's so long.
http://youtu.be/s63pPeyWasw

Renth

Smash Hero
Using down B close to the stage against anyone who has even the tiniest amount of ganondorf knowledge will punish you to high hell for it.

It's almost a guaranteed way to throw your stock away

Last edited:

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
That's true.
But would it be worth it to not try it?
I'm not defending using it, because it can get punished fairly easily, but would it be better to try without it in certain situations?

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Anyways, for jumping straight out of hitstun, do you have any tips on how to help break out of the habit? Because I know that my Dorf is guilty of this.

Top Bottom