• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need some new attack chains....

DUB

Smash Lord
I was playing my friend the other day as much as I enjoy GT-->Dash Attack--> aerial/uptilt/smash, I'm looking for something new.

Anyone got any new approaches or combos that they think are relatively new?

I've been doing Dash --> Diddy Hump near a ledge for a early kill. Other then that the standard is about all i use.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
This worked on Battle field while holding a banana, shoot a peanut at the opponent, quickly use the glide toss with the banana to make him/her trip. Then run in for N air knocking them up, double jump over them and hit them with D air (must be down over the left panel or combo ends here). If positioned correctly the banana would trip them again. d tilt to knock them into the air, jump towards them and f air them. Fall slightly underneath the level of the panel to the right. Use B forward in the direction of the opponent, double jump into back air (combo ends here).

After the f air its mainly luck that he doesn't hit you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I was wondering, you know how diddy's dash attack is lagless that you can keep dash attack chaining in a row? Well you can stay stationary spamming teh dash attack right on the ledge and I'm wondering if it will entirely cut through all ledge get up animations.

IDK

Smash Lord
try a monkey flip grab release to run off and spike near the edge. at low percents you can follow with a footstool after the spike. also at low percents follow a dash attack-utilt-bair-kung fu kick. banana lock to dash attack-dair at the end of the stage. try throwing someone off the stage then shooting a peanut right after, then running off and fairing, edgeguarding, or using a banana to edgeguard.

Shurk

Smash Cadet
I don't know how practical this is, but it has worked for me a few times. Although how consistent it is needs to be tested/debated:

Ever in a situation with a Grab: Throw up, SH into a Uair.
-Depending on opponent quick 2-UAIR combo, or just keep it at one.
Fast fall, Jump up necessary height into a Nair, fast fall repeat.
-Works wonders at low percentages, not as easy to DI out of as it would seem.
If you put a Z-dropped banana in there, it makes it easier to combo,
-Giving they can't really go anywhere as the Banana effectively "stuns" for second in air, giving you a enough time to fastfall, jump again, and using the another Nair to grab banana, hit the ground, if you want you can throw a banana up quickly, then do another Nair.
Repeat any of above methods depending on Char/%.
-Beware of your moves going stale though. Good lil chain can get goin.

did e

Smash Rookie
Lately I have been enjoying the low damage ~kill.

F-throw offstage to short hop F-air to fast fall jump then d-air for spike.

I noticed someone else do it here at 1:35ish against Ness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9HwEeZMKQ

It's something nice to add to your bag of tricks. ;)

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
Do you really manage to remember attack chains? I just randomly combo with whatever feels good, haha.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt -> Utilt -> Utilt -> Nair
Usmash -> Dair -> DSpecial -> DSpecial -> Standard Diddy Kombo

For the second one, the two banana have to hit your opponent on their way out.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Has anyone been brave enough to try Dash Attack --> Rocketbarrels?
I do that all the time, but usually on Battle Field, Yoshi Story, or other stages with a high enough platform where I can recover out of the Up-B fast enough to not get punished.

-advent-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Do you really manage to remember attack chains? I just randomly combo with whatever feels good, haha.
i completely agree with this statement :laugh:

I just let my opponent's patterns and habits dictate my attack chains.

Top Bottom