• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need new controllers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Bitman

Smash Master
alright so my brothers and i have 4 GC controllers, 2 are messed up beyond belief, and today the 3rd one now has an R button that no longer works(you can press it anyway you like it doesn't work).

so now we only have one GC controller that works and it still messes up on occasion. this means my brothers and i cannot even fight each other with working controllers. >_>

we need to know where you all get your GC controllers, the good ones, not the stiff playing ones.

where do we find these ones:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=X&ei=HZ5LTMrCH4G88gauwvQ1&ved=0CDwQ9QEwBg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=X&ei=TZ5LTJy3LYH78Aalpp0_&ved=0CEUQ9QEwBQ

GAMESTOP doesn't sell controllers like those anymore, just crappt old madcats controllers and bad quality controllers.

if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. tell us of any stores that sell these in SFL, or any reliable websites that any of you have used.

thank you for reading. =3

8Bitman

Smash Master
the white ones, are those the ones that esam uses?

cuz those are the ones that feel weird and are to stiff to play with.

*looks up

8Bitman

Smash Master
well i looked em up, we ordered one. if it feels like the good ones we will order more.

well thanks nick and CO18. =3

this can get locked.. those controllers better not suck! lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW, the reason all the buttons are stiff is because it is new. Wear it in (Mashing buttons/Rotating Joystick) and itll feel better I guess..

8Bitman

Smash Master
eh thats true. If it comes down to it we will buy them. I'm just mad they don't seel the original GC controllers anymore.

thanks. =3

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
First of all, you can use L instead of R, can't you? Secondly, you can possibly fix it if you take it apart and locate the problem. Thirdly, yeah, there are a few issues with the MadCatz models, but they actually are not that bad unless being under the GameStop name somehow nerfed them.

And if someone DOES take strong issue with them, feel free to try and enlighten me. Maybe there's something I've failed to notice?

DRD

Smash Lord
First of all, you can use L instead of R, can't you? Secondly, you can possibly fix it if you take it apart and locate the problem. Thirdly, yeah, there are a few issues with the MadCatz models, but they actually are not that bad unless being under the GameStop name somehow nerfed them.

And if someone DOES take strong issue with them, feel free to try and enlighten me. Maybe there's something I've failed to notice?
I highly doubt players would take issue with controllers if they worked perfectly fine. If they work for you, that's great; however, other players have obviously voiced a problem with those controllers, and it doesn't make sense that they would do so out of conformity with a false majority opinion that madcatz sucks

I'm probably gonna need new ones soon as well; The rubber on the stick of one of mine already came off and it puts blisters on my thumb. Thanks for the note bout the white ones nick

8Bitman

Smash Master

First off not every controller is the same and we don't have your smarts on how to take a controller apart and fix it. Secondly, i understand that everyone plays differently, and some people play with the stiff controllers or wiimotes or what ever but for me and my brothers we really only feel comfortable playing with certain controllers.

Trust me we know where to find controllers, but it's a matter of finding the good ones, that last long and feel better for us. i made this thread to find out where or how all of you got your controllers.

And using L instead of R is like telling a left handed person to start only use their Right hand for everything. And i'm pretty sure most people use R instead of L. Something like that matter ALOT!

Also, i'm not trying to pick fights here, i'm just asking where to find good working controllers. There was no point to that. ****!

8Bitman

Smash Master
what did i even do!?

im getting someone to close this. >_>

Umby

Smash Master
Taking apart a controller is as simple as taking out the screws...

Tbh, if it was a maintenance/cleaning problem, you'd probably save a few dollars by just ordering a tri-wing screw driver. Nothing about the controller is complicated that you couldn't take it apart, find your way around it, and put it back together. If it's not a cleaning issue and you still have to order a controller, having a tri-wing is still pretty useful for future cleaning, maintenance, and paint jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom