• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Must Train Harder!! ~ Ryu Sparring Thread

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Like the title says. This thread is to set up sparring sessions between Ryu mains. Unlike alot of other dittos, Ryu dittos are very much about skill. The better Ryu will come out on top and can completely dissect another Ryu if they are lacking in neutral, movement, execution, ect. This will be a place where we as a community can come together and focus on getting stronger. No judgements. No nonsense. Doesnt matter if you are the best Ryu ever or Day 1. Let's all get in the dojo together and help each other grow.

To start us off, here are some matches I recorded of @ RoninX1819 RoninX1819 and myself sparring the other night. Feel free to analyze these vids and critique us. We played for about an hour. I couldnt record alot due to the 3 minute time limit the in-game youtube feature has on matches. Just to avoid confusion, Kain X is his actual tag in-game.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'd like to give this a try. After playing your ryu at the break i want to learn a bit more about fighting ryu and playing as him.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You had the right idea as ZSS. Stay focused. Dont disrespect Ryu's space. Dont do anything extremely punishable. ZSS is high risk/high reward with grabs so a missed grab = death. You experienced this yourself though.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Honestly, I need to give you major props for something:

This will be a place where we as a community can come together and focus on getting stronger. No judgements. No nonsense. Doesnt matter if you are the best Ryu ever or Day 1. Let's all get in the dojo together and help each other grow.
This is really cool. Keep up the good work.

TheBlackHombre

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBlackHombre
I'd be down. I don't own a wii u so I don't get to play smash 4 much, but I can easily go to a friend's place to play. It would be awesome to get some practice in and apply new things towards my Ryu.

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
I'll be down in september.. i'm stuck playing the same 4 people for the past month lol.

.Alpha.

Smash Rookie
NNID
xxvAlphavxx
I'm down for friendlies with anyone I'm trying to pick up any tech from anywhere to combine with what I have so who ever is up for just reply or message me. I also need more practice on tourney stages if anyone is up for that as well I had a lot of trouble in locals with Delphino and Battlefield tricks I was unaware of.

eardianm

Smash Rookie
NNID
eardianm
Alright, finally made an account because I am old and slow but trying to main Ryu and OP promised no judgments. Will be online a bit Sunday afternoon and evening PDT, would love to have someone show me all the things I'm doing wrong.

Manos

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnLpaul
3DS FC
0576-5989-1412
Recently picked up ryu and I can't stop playing him. I played him nonstop at launch. Then I started doing tournaments and kinda stopped playing him for no reason. Picked him up again like two days ago. I really want to train as hard as possible. I live in socal if anyone is in the area for lagless sparring etc. but nonetheless my NNID is JohnLpaul

I'm down to train anytime I have time. Usually mid day or really late at night.

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
Recently picked up ryu and I can't stop playing him. I played him nonstop at launch. Then I started doing tournaments and kinda stopped playing him for no reason. Picked him up again like two days ago. I really want to train as hard as possible. I live in socal if anyone is in the area for lagless sparring etc. but nonetheless my NNID is JohnLpaul

I'm down to train anytime I have time. Usually mid day or really late at night.
Are you on right now by any chance?

Manos

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnLpaul
3DS FC
0576-5989-1412
I am about to play. Trying to get some practice in. Been working a lot.

Kaneki164

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thawk164
3DS FC
5127-2247-5437
Im down for any friendlies or if anyone want to straight up just do labbing pm me and we can talk on skype. After playing USFIV and applying some of that knowledge onto my Ryu gameplan I just feel so good using this this character. He is very fun to use and I'm thinking about making him my main.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
I'm definitely down to getting some sparring in and learning Ryu with you all. I main Peach but am really considering Ryu as a sub, since I've been in search for one and he gels with me so that makes it all the better. Feel free to add me. NNID: NanhouDrops

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If anyone wants to spar please add me. Gonna be home pretty much all day.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Add me. If you are free Wednesday the lets play.

Nintendo ID: ForteEXE1986

I need to break the terrible habit of when I am in the air I will try Ryu's B-air and accidentally do his Hurricane Kick....this usually sends me to the abyss. Rawr....stupid thumb! It's really sad...sometimes I have the match clearly in my favor.

JS.

Smash Cadet
NNID
JulianJJS
3DS FC
2337-5516-6874
If anyone would to like to play a few friendlies and give tips on each other's Ryu's my ID is: JulianJJS

C.O.M.M

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to learn Ryu and I would love some sparring practice sometime, anybody game?

Nate1080

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate1080
I'll add you when I get home, my NNID is my user name. I'm pretty much free everyday to play; free all day on weekends, free in the afternoon on weekdays.

I feel as though I have the basics of Ryu down, but I want to be better than basic and not get wrecked by stupid tricks.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Gonna be home all night if anyone on the east coast or midwest of USA wants to spar.

Jaroking

Smash Rookie
NNID
JackLeeBrowning
3DS FC
0275-7331-0133
Guys, day 1 Ryu here. I know the inputs but need to practice to get better. Can someone get in contact and help me train.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
home for the night. only leaving the house to get food. if anyone wants to play plz post up.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I tell you h'wat, I'm brushing up on my Ryu game, as well.

So, if anyone is interested in sparring my NNID is Dirk_Tan.

Add me if you're prepared for proPAIN.

Top Bottom