• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Did It!

Like?

• Total voters

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This character was my favorite part of the Direct.

I will play him. I will try to main him. At the very least a secondary.

All hail Pipe Mook. The water of the haters' tears only substantiates his growth. Each soul that cancels their pre-order provides him with a satisfying dining experience. He is no Goomba with a Hat, because he needs no hat.

Piranha Plant forever.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
We did it Reddit (now to wait for the Famitsu column hahahaha)

PLAAANT GAAAANG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Direct started out so disappointing to me...
I don't like Incineroar at all, Spirits disinterested me, and seeing the menus made me yawn.
...But then I saw him. Piranha Plant is a very dumb, absurd, and nonsensical inclusion... and I am completely OK with it. It and everyone getting Thanos'd saved the Direct from being a complete disappointment IMO.

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
Hah hah, this really makes me wish Piranha Plant had a support thread (that I knew of) before this reveal, imagine the reactions then.

Yes, I'll main him as well.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely love piranha plant, mario mobs got representation and its glorious!! I really couldn't believe this happened, instant main!!

ProfessorVincent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alexim
3DS FC
2105-8719-2070
This is absolutely perfect! The wackiness of the series is what made me fall in love with it in the first place. As a Geno and Isaac supporter, I actually couldn't be happier with Piranha Plant. #weareallcommonmooks

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
As a lover of the Mario series and its wide array of enemies, I am beyond stoked to see such a character in Smash. It's fun. It's unexpected. It's brilliant. I'd admittedly have chosen a Blooper, but I'm totally ecstatic with PP.

It will most definitely be one of my mains.

And even the haters will have to admit: It may not be their cup of tea. It might have not been widely asked for. But no one can deny it is as iconic as (if not, in some cases more than) the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
It was a pipe dream of mine to get Petey, but I actually think I like this better.
As always, I am in the strong minority. This completely ruined Smash for me that I don't even care if they make another game anymore. This totally rubbed me the wrong way.
This ain't it, chief.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Too bad we have to wait til feburary+ to get it. I'd love to mess around with it. But I guess there's tons of characters to play until then ;p

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Xigger

Smash Lord
Some of these replies remind me of R.O.B.'s reveal. Almost no one expected him or thought he was possible after being a generic enemy in SSE, but myself and several others were ecstatic when he was announced.

Dan

Smash Lord
Some of these replies remind me of R.O.B.'s reveal. Almost no one expected him or thought he was possible after being a generic enemy in SSE, but myself and several others were ecstatic when he was announced.
lol what? He is a toy from the '80s. He appeared in the SSE after he was announced.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Fans : Sakurai please add this one to the playable roster :

Sakurai : Okay ! ;)
PP entrance should be Waluigi carrying his pot to the stage and watering him.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Hey, to anyone who was actively rooting for Plant, then thank you. You did God's work getting the bitey b*stard into Smash. Can't wait to play him!!

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Piranha Plant got into Smash as a result of any fan input, demand etc (which doesn't mean that nobody voted for it during the ballot but you know what I mean), nor did Sakurai and his developers initialy plan to include him OVER any other potential canidates for the roster. The most likely scenario, as I've stated prior in this thread, was for Piranha Plant to appear as something more along the lines of a stage hazard/enemy or even Assist Trophy or similair item. Some developers then spun/played that baseline further than intended and so, much like a lot of other great video game concepts, birthed the idea of a common but diverse Mario enemy becoming a Smash character!

The reason which brought me to this conclusion is the following. Sakurai didn't present Piranha Plant with the same kind of fanfare and enthusiasim like he did with every other newcomer. Piranha Plant is literally just what he said within said Direct; a bonus, something they have been working (tried tinkering) with but is not yet ready. If that doesn't suggest that Piranha Plant wasn't planned and just came about during later developement stages, I don't know what else would.

Last edited:

ThatGreenPigeon

Smash Cadet
Lets be real: Nobody has an emotional connection to him. Anybody who mains him are the same type of people who would main a sock if it was in smash. Now Im maining him too but thats besides the point

Xigger

Smash Lord
Lets be real: Nobody has an emotional connection to him. Anybody who mains him are the same type of people who would main a sock if it was in smash. Now Im maining him too but thats besides the point

This scene from Subspace Emissary makes me feel emotions

Top Bottom