• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
This is some what sketchy wording.
Women are interested in more than just romance novels and fitness titles. If you mean games that have a proven big female player base, I'd say Animal Crossing is a pretty good example of one in Smash. Other examples could include Pokemon, and more anecdotal examples include Kirby and Bayonetta.
It's definitely wrong to say girls are not interesting in fighting, party games and platformers, those games on NS are gender friendly after all.

My point is that both guys and girls are fine with the mainstream game categories presented in Smash bros. So even if some other very specific categories are absent from Smash bros presentation, Nintendo might not really feel the need to justify this.

Well speaking of KOEI, it has a decent franchise Atelier that dedicates to female protagonists in RPGs. If KOEI is ever a candidate in Smash 3rd party, a decent chance for female fighter for sure.

Last edited:

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
Ryza from Atelier Ryza? You know, I don't think it's too big of a stretch. No Koei Tecmo reps yet and they have had a good enough relationship with Nintendo as to make Zelda and FE Musou games. And a cursory search tells me that Ryza had the best launch of any Atelier game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ryza from Atelier Ryza? You know, I don't think it's too big of a stretch. No Koei Tecmo reps yet and they have had a good enough relationship with Nintendo as to make Zelda and FE Musou games. And a cursory search tells me that Ryza had the best launch of any Atelier game.
I heard they really improved the gameplay with that game. I need to play it but its on my long list of backlog games that I own and still need to play

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So there's a glitch regarding Daisy's skirt. Some have speculated this could be her Base being used for among the DLC characters.

Two theories have been 2B and Arle.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So there's a glitch regarding Daisy's skirt. Some have speculated this could be her Base being used for among the DLC characters.

I was thinking that they could be using her for a character with no dress at all could be causing this issue as well. Shantae comes to mind. Others think Reimu,

In all, I think it will be some female character

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That's on my "check this out list." Looks fun, but I still need to get past Xenoblade Chronicles, which should take... *Checks calendar* About the rest of the month, at this rate.

I think the most logical (For a relative use of the word, since not all glitches end up being logical) characters are Reimu, due to the floating, and 2B, based on a similar build to Daisy. There's also 2B's self-destruct mechanic and the fact that the dress glitch was triggered by taking damage, but I don't know how that code would leak into Daisy's.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's on my "check this out list." Looks fun, but I still need to get past Xenoblade Chronicles, which should take... *Checks calendar* About the rest of the month, at this rate.

I think the most logical (For a relative use of the word, since not all glitches end up being logical) characters are Reimu, due to the floating, and 2B, based on a similar build to Daisy. There's also 2B's self-destruct mechanic and the fact that the dress glitch was triggered by taking damage, but I don't know how that code would leak into Daisy's.
I think it would be odd to have the self destruct mechanic into 2B, because that showed off ALL of her ass, and they don't want to raise the raiting. Just pantyshots would raise the rating i think

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think it would be odd to have the self destruct mechanic into 2B, because that showed off ALL of her ass, and they don't want to raise the raiting. Just pantyshots would raise the rating i think
Yeah, they'd probably tone it down a little, like give her a ZSS-style bodysuit underneath or just not change the outfit at all. It's mainly because the dress glitch was triggered by damage, but even then that's a bit of a stretch.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey, you guys hear this potential leak about Ryza coming to smash?

It predicted the sequal that just got rated in Austrilla. The video also mentions a Geno leak but papa loves those and I feel they are a dime a dozen now.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

It predicted the sequal that just got rated in Austrilla. The video also mentions a Geno leak but papa loves those and I feel they are a dime a dozen now.
I'm honestly interested in this idea, sure Ryza from what i saw some of the footage has physics though i don't that'll be something to implement in smash, she could bring in something new from the jrpgs games.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I don't believe the leak, but well for anyone who is familiar with the games how does Ryza fight? Does she use magic or so?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

who?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't believe the leak, but well for anyone who is familiar with the games how does Ryza fight? Does she use magic or so?
This video shows all the characters skills, but it starts with Ryza herself. She fights woth magic and her staff, and has buffs as well

why is it childish to ask who a character is if you dont know?
I mean, you only said who, a 1 word reply comes off a bit petty is all. I have seen it in other places as a way to say "i dont know who they are so they arent important".

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly Atelier in Smash is one of those long shot ideas I would love to see but never expected it to get any traction. Thankfully this (extremely likely) fake leak brought attention to it.

I'd go as far as to say Reisalin would be one of my top three most wanted females for Smash. Reimu, Arle, and Ryza. If any of those three get in the DLC pass I will be very happy, to be honest.

Atelier deserves more love and it has a bit of a legacy in itself too.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I believe she has some degree of magic, but the main draw of Atelier is the alchemy. I don't remember much of the playthrough I began watching, but I at least remember you could craft explosives.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you only said who, a 1 word reply comes off a bit petty is all. I have seen it in other places as a way to say "i dont know who they are so they arent important".
no it was just me being to lazy to right "who is that?" im more than willing to believe any video game character can get in from the ones i love to ones ive never heard of to ones i down right hate

zferolie

Smash Hero
no it was just me being to lazy to right "who is that?" im more than willing to believe any video game character can get in from the ones i love to ones ive never heard of to ones i down right hate
Sorry if i came off rude then. Just have seen people post things like litterally who in other places and it botheres me

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry if i came off rude then. Just have seen people post things like litterally who in other places and it botheres me
i imagine it would, but ive got characters i want that would bring about the same response. ill try and remember to be clearer in the future

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
lmao chill you all. I don't even know who that is. I didn't know who Joker was either. Everyone kept wanting him in and I was like what does Batman have to do with Smash?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Pokemon can easily be either gender, but Kirby is definitely a boy.

Dunno why he's there.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
A great Bash Sisters roster made by MondoMega of Resetera.

Add Amy rose, someone from fatal frame and could be perfect, my most wanted character is midna and the second is Dixie kong. Honestly ultimate feels weird without them.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kirby doesn't count.
The Pokemon can easily be either gender, but Kirby is definitely a boy.

Dunno why he's there.
Because appearently every pink character is automatically a girl now. :rolleyes:
I was surprised too, but on the forum, the original artist stated that Kirby's here because the character actually has no defined gender in Japanese media (he is male in all international localisations though); official art from the Kirby Twitter has them taking part in traditionally male and female oriented holidays (Valentine's Day and White Day, as one example) so Kirby gets a pass here.

Note that he's only male in the localizations, in Japan he's gender neutral/unknown.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Here Kirby is being featured in both the female and male collage (Valentine's Day and White Day) artworks posted by the official Kirby twitter.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I was surprised too, but on the forum, the original artist stated that Kirby's here because the character actually has no defined gender in Japanese media (he is male in all international localisations though); official art from the Kirby Twitter has them taking part in traditionally male and female oriented holidays (Valentine's Day and White Day, as one example) so Kirby gets a pass here.

Note that he's only male in the localizations, in Japan he's gender neutral/unknown.

View attachment 279663View attachment 279664

Here Kirby is being featured in both the female and male collage (Valentine's Day and White Day) artworks posted by the official Kirby twitter.

Kirby is a universal entity for everyone to share.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
A great Bash Sisters roster made by MondoMega of Resetera.

Ehhh, i'd critique this roster a little bit, while i understand the idea with Kirby and the Pokemon this would feel way too weird that it'd bring out so much confusion also i kinda consider dark samus as some genderless entity though i never play metroid.
For my positives, i'd say this roster is a good idea to represent smash bash sisters though Morrigan would most likely be kept out for the reasons listed under Mai's case.
As for suggestions, i'd say put Tifa, Meryl,Ribbon Girl, and Calista.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ehhh, i'd critique this roster a little bit, while i understand the idea with Kirby and the Pokemon this would feel way too weird that it'd bring out so much confusion also i kinda consider dark samus as some genderless entity though i never play metroid.
For my positives, i'd say this roster is a good idea to represent smash bash sisters though Morrigan would most likely be kept out for the reasons listed under Mai's case.
As for suggestions, i'd say put Tifa, Meryl,Ribbon Girl, and Calista.
Morrigan can’t be panty-shotted like Mai can, just cover her cleavage and remove the jiggle. CERO doesn’t mind boobs so much, it’s panties they hate

Top Bottom