• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin 2 ~ Port Charlotte, FL *12/3/11*

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR

APEX 2012 Rule Set

Date: Dec, 3rd 2011
Location: Game Zion, 327B Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL, 33953

Pictures to help you pinpoint the location:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/KhalenWear/ZION001.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/KhalenWear/ZION002.jpg

Abscent's cell phone number is 941.270.7902. Call him if you have any questions, need directions, just want to chat (no homo), or whatever.

Door fee will be $6
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)
Low Tier $5

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 65%
Second Place: 25%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%

Schedule:

Registration and Friendlies 12.00n-1.00p

Brawl Doubles 1.00p-3.00~

Singles will commence at the conclusion of Doubles ~3.00p and beyond!

Afterwards if time permits we will start the Low Tier Tournament/Money Matches/Friendlies

Abscent will be there around 10.00am if you want to arrive early to get friendlies/MM's in.

Nearby is a Taco Bell, Wendy's, and a few other food places whenever people get hungry.

No outside food or drink is allowed however fairly priced concessiona dn drinks for 50 cent are available

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
GET HYPE GET HYPE GET HYPE! Another Brawl tourney for you guys to destroy each other in!

This will be a great event for the Southwest FL community to come to. Game Zion has revamped their store and made it a lot more comfortable! If you are in the Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples, or Miami area you should be there.

Inside the venue concession is sold and there are several food places around if need be. Game Zion also has Magic: The Gathering merchandise for sale if you play.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Wish I could make my appearance here again :(

Last time was great, I definitely advise those who live close to that area to make it out to this.

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
Uhm.

Riddle me this.

Is it really a 6 dollar door fee.
As of this second, yes. The price of electricity, Air Conditioning, and the works sets the price for 6 dollars. I have no problem paying it. The venue is worth it. It was originally set for 5. But to cover the costs of everything, I really doubted people would opt not to come cause of a $1 increase to the entry fee. I hope this doesnt sway your decision to come, if you planned on it.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I was considering comin'.

Is this the place that was mad cramped last time?
It was a good venue regardless, i'd like to come, and it'll be colder this time.

I'll say probably yes.

Post this in the UCF thread and FL social thread.

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
I was considering comin'.

Is this the place that was mad cramped last time?
It was a good venue regardless, i'd like to come, and it'll be colder this time.

I'll say probably yes.

Post this in the UCF thread and FL social thread.
It won't be cramped this time. The couch's have been removed and everything has been placed against the wall.. It will be alot more comfortable for everyone and it wont be sweltering hot outside like last time!

-!-

Smash Lord
:phone:Damn I hope this venue has really upgraded cuz last time it really suck and I hate to se a sequel (cuz we all know they're usually worst) anyways I think the xtra dollar is pretty funy but I don't mind considering the first tourney there had no door fee (or my minds playing tricks on me?) anyways idk if I'll join >_> but I'll probably will and I need some type of motivation to actually care for this game enough to play competitive... And maybe just maybe I'll do better then the last tournament I went to DX

Btw low tiers sound found :D I'll deff join that!

EDIT: ABscent you can't disappoint me this time bro >:O if your gonna lose, let me be the one to three stock LMAO

:phone:

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
HAHA...and I hope you do join bro. I'm looking to make this a great tourney and it will be run alot smoother and it will be alot more comfortable than last time. I promise. Plus I'll be running it, so it should go by quickly with players cooperation. There should be 8+ setups. So super quick if people arent idling.

PS: Money Match? ;)

-!-

Smash Lord
:phone:Damn I wanna take you on that but I just remember something, I probably won't be able to make it since this day falls on the same day this big boxing payperview will be on. What time do you think this will end?

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
I want it to be done around 9 or 10. Thats how quickly i hope to make it through everything. If anything, there are TV's there at the venue...you could probably watch the boxing match there ;3

-!-

Smash Lord
:phone:Damn dawwg Idk lol plus this fight, I gotta chill and see it chilled with no distractions idk if by some chance I could just go for teams but that's unlikely >_< idk if anything changes I'll get back to you. Shxt I kinda was getting pumped for this too XD ahh what luck.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'll go if everyone pays for my gas, i have no problem traveling

Connor, if you wanna go call dibs now.
2-D Jeff is confirmed if my car is going.

but serious talk.

****ing door fees are gay.

And Abscent, having 8 setups doesn't mean it'll go by fast lol.
Are we doing pools?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
mink, can you tell the other fgcu ppl that I will be down this week too during tuesday-sunday. (Although I can't do smash on tuesday or sunday, although thursday would be a good idea). Just let them know on that FB page that ill be down there as well and am willing to drive from naples to get a few games in.

[FBC] B-Unit

Based on Reality
mink, can you tell the other fgcu ppl that I will be down this week too during tuesday-sunday. (Although I can't do smash on tuesday or sunday, although thursday would be a good idea). Just let them know on that FB page that ill be down there as well and am willing to drive from naples to get a few games in.
Alot of the fgcu smashers are leaving tomorrow or wednesday because of thanksgiving but i'll see what I can do. Definately need to play your DDD some.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Nah i dont have ur #. Was about to txt u after readin that post but apparently I didnt save it after that 1 time i called u. You can ask swolf,******,or any1 from naples 4 that matter for mine.

or just pm me i guess although i dont know if ill get it by the time it reaches both of us.

nvm ill just pm u my # right now, thatll be easier. Check fb 4 it <_<"

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
MK is still in the tourney. I figure since Apex is the last tourney to have him still viable i'll keep him in it as well. So MK is optional for use.

And Nick Riddle, itd be nice of you to show. Bring a bunch of people with you if you come. Itd be a great turnout to see some known names arrive.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Idk if I still want to go if mk is legal. After how lame seibrik played me at nll game 3. Makes me not want to play. He had to do what he had to do but it totally killed my spirit of playing.
Those who saw the match understands.
Might still go. Idk gotta think.

Top Bottom