• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WDing with fox?

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
I can wd well with fox but unsure of some of the more practical uses. What are some of the ways fox players use wd'ing in their game?

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Obviously wavedashing into attacks like shine (waveshine) or upsmash are big.

Another use of wavedash is to punish people who like to recover from the ledge with an air. If you are playing vs. falco or something and he keeps fast falling off the ledge into a nair when returning to the stage from a ledge hold, you could wavedash back when standing next to the edge and follow it with a forward smash to punish him.

There's tons of uses, such as mindgames. Another cool one (depends on the stage) is to platform waveland into bair or nair when they are under the platform.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
It is a very important spacing tool on a basic level. It allows you to gain movement options you don't normally have. It is the only way in the game to retreat while facing the opponent and maintaining your normals.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
It is a very important spacing tool on a basic level. It allows you to gain movement options you don't normally have. It is the only way in the game to retreat while facing the opponent and maintaining your normals.
^This. Definitely reflect on this post. Once you truly understand it, it'll make a lot more sense as to when and how to use it.

But for now, think of it as a way to space and dodge stuff without having to actually shield or run away...and stuff (wavedashing is just so much more than that... >.<). Basically, do what oats_ said if you don't understand all the applications of the wavedash.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
^This. Definitely reflect on this post. Once you truly understand it, it'll make a lot more sense as to when and how to use it.

But for now, think of it as a way to space and dodge stuff without having to actually shield or run away...and stuff (wavedashing is just so much more than that... >.<). Basically what oats_ said.
like, wavedashing is good, man

:x

lol

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
waveshine across the stage or wd out of shine to space for combos
wd usmash oos to punish and get kills since his usmash is boss
dash forward wd back and space baits and fundamental stuff for spacing

not that i'm even good with fox.. i'm just half decent with wding but i can't even shffl nairs >_>

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
I mainly use it for positioning myself for a follow-ups and for maneuvering on platforms. Also, I prefer pulse walking to dash dancing, so, there's that, too.

And, Mas_torque, it took me six months to be able to SHFFL on command during a match. Don't worry about it, it takes time for muscle memory to kick in and boost your reflexes.

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
i actually just got it down solid in the last few days with falcon, links, and spacies, but i've only been comboing the hell out of cpus.

and what is pulse walking?

Top Bottom