• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WD -> Smash doesn't work for me!?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You're holding onto the L/R button too long. Let go of it before you c-stick.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
im with livixium man, its os easy, it must be something stupid that u dont know ur doing it, try to do it slowly first, and then practice it in game, ull get it when u start doing it..

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
lol, man ROFL was right, Luigi forums are fun. I love how there's a bunch of information coupled with the "thread over" attitude as though it's a general rule and something that everyone should know despite the fact that the advice is all different. Or not helpful at all. :)

ecstatic, one of my the main things with learning any of the game's tactics that require a little more precision than you might have counted on is recognizing that it is a video game. If you really focus on the image on your screen and then make the wavedash, you might be surprised to find that you can actually see the moment when you should be smashing in mid-slide. If your shield is still popping up a little bit at the end of your wavedashes, watch for the moment when the shield disappears and Luigi falls back into his standing animation as you slide--flick of the C-stick and you're good to go.

It's easy to fall into the mentality of learning the game's advanced techniques based on what buttons to press and when, but it really is more visual than discussion on the boards leads us to believe and if you really focus on the picture when you're training, like I said, you might be surprised at just how many details you can see!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like how every single person condescendingly said to use the C-Stick. If jsut being told to use the C-Stick isn't helping, maybe you should try going into special mode, do a slow-mo match with a lvl 1 bowser, and just practice it in half time. it'll help you examine everything you're doing, and after you can get it pretty consistently jsut go back to regular speed and pull it all together.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I know this is more of personal opinion, but I think R is much better for wavedashing. I can let go of it much more quickly. Maybe that's just me tho. : )

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
R does seem to be better for the WD. Concerning smashing after WDing u might simply be pressing the L or R button too long u actually can let go of it after the smoke appears during the WD. If u watch luigi during the WD u will see what I mean.

I like how two people said "USE THE C STICK" arrogantly, as if they were smart, when ecstatic had already said that he is in his first post.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
POINTS at THE two WHO said USE THE C-STICK / END THREAD....

try holding R and moving your c-stick... you dodge just as if oyu were using the control stick....
get off his back, he just has to pick up his release speed on the L/R button yet.

best way i can think of to practice you release speed is to use luigi and wave dash with him and just watch when you shield goes down.
he is easy to WD with and goes pretty much half the stage in one dash. if you are to slow with the release, your shield will drop about a 1/4 through the dash. If you do it perfect, you can smash with the c-stick the second you start the WD. if the shield still bothers you alot, you can just incorporate it into you actual dash and do WD grabs when you don't release fast enough.

but before you resort to that , you should try as hard as you can to make your WD release when you want them to.
good luck

Top Bottom