• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WBR Ruleset 1.0: Should Any Stages Differ Between Singles and Doubles?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here is a discussion for all of us about the difference in stage lists for singles and doubles.

After some discussion and recommendations, I will open up various polls that will be needed

Final Stage List for Singles: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249926

For doubles, should any stages be moved into the banned category? Should any starters be made counterpick? Things like that.

My personal philosophy is to not make any banned stages legal in doubles (some people like to allow stages like Hanenbow) because of the additional space. However doubles matches can still at times end up being a 1v1 at the end, so the same problems would be prevalent.

As for something I would consider changing would be moving Wario Ware to counterpick simply because it is so cramped that it would force people to play more different than normal and could be hazardous to a lot of characters. Remember that we need an odd amount of stages for Stage Striking, so if we were to determine one stage to be moved to CP (such as Wario Ware), then WWR could be auto moved to CP since its in the Starter/CP banned category.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My opinion is

Singles:
Wario Ware - starter
WWR - CP

Doubles:
Wario Ware - banned (just too **** small for doubles)
WWR - starter

Nothing else changed

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
JC there has to be an odd number of stages for stage striking to work, thats why WWR is neutral despite being voted into starter banned, having it starter means there is 7 stages instead of 6

also WW def isnt too small for doubles imo, it just forces ppl to play differ and some chars are at a slight disadvantage. it was on in doubles at btl and i even played some doubles tourney matches on there with no prob

Foxy

Smash Master
We should keep the same stages for each, simplifies things and it's really unnecessary to have more counterpicks/neutrals for doubles. It really doesn't change a thing.

Foxy

Smash Master
Agreed, the 5 times I've used stage striking for B+, it never goes to anything but SV or BF.

No need to dance around stages.

Veril

Frame Savant
People who primarily play vBrawl will strike PSII (at least this is a pattern I've witnessed). I find that most doubles matches do, in fact, end up on SV. As time goes on more diversity in terms of the starter will occur, but we will probably see FD, BF, SV, and PSII, and almost never Yoshi's or WW. WWR, honestly, I don't know what will happen there.

Personally, if I'm playing with my doubles partner of choice (who is a pikachu main), Yoshi's and WWR get stage struck for him, and we are prepared to handle any of the other starters. I don't see any reason the current set for singles won't work for doubles, and until we see a real need to modify the stage list, its fine as is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
at BtL when WW was on starter iirc the first match ended up landing on that stage twice in my sets. there was no prob with it

Top Bottom