• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way to rob the series of its fastest character

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
I don't give a crap if he is Sonic, Capt. Falcon has roots! He should remain the fastest. That's ones of Falcon's bragging points.

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
I don't give a crap if he is Sonic, Capt. Falcon has roots! He should remain the fastest. That's ones of Falcon's bragging points.
But he's Sonic lol. It would be absurd to see Captain Falcon faster than Sonic...:psycho:

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, Melee was so awful, it totally replaced the most powerful move in the game (falcon punch) with an even more powerful version (Warlock punch). It also robbed Ness of his title as "best spiker".

Seriously, this isn't a huge deal. Falcon still has one of the fastest running speeds.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You know, you're fully entitled to your very incorrect opinion, but *****ing doesn't fix anything. So what's the point?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think it's fine. Even if he is second fastest he has a pretty good lead on Fox, and is closer to Sonic than Fox is to him (according to the ground speed thread).

Hell, he can run twice the speed of an average human. He and Samus need to have a kid and make the kid join the track team... then Sonic might have some competition.

Edit: You know, I thought about that now... Captain Falcon and Samus as parents would be... incredibly strange...

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
sonic's not faster than falcon,
falcon only wants to run behind sonic so he can knee him

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
Uhh...No. Sonic can run x3 times faster than Capt. Falcon's Blue Falcon (I'm talking about the bunny hood vid). Are you telling me you want Capt. Falcon to be faster than his own vehicle?

Sonic: Sorry for the mistake. Would you like to travel by Blue Falcon again?
CF: No! No more Blue Falcons! I'm going...by foot!
<walks through his office door. Everyone stands up.>
Sonic: Everyone, Salute the captain!
(sorry, it's been a while since I saw Spaceballs)

squarez

Smash Apprentice
You guys are ridiculous, why is captain falcon so fast in the first place? He's supposed to drive a fast CAR, hes not the flash or anything.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
^He has manly man legs. Of manliness. Ofc he'll be fast.

But, uh, no. Sonic is fast, light, and (excuse my relatively uninformed opinion) doesn't have very many KO moves. Falcon is almost as fast, heavy, and basically ***** in general.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
But, uh, no. Sonic is fast, light, and (excuse my relatively uninformed opinion) doesn't have very many KO moves. Falcon is almost as fast, heavy, and basically ***** in general.
correction: captain falcon is unable to **** someone, as to **** someone they must not want it.

Man, i love captain falcon jokes...

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Sonic shouldn't be in the game in the first place, so why should he deserve the title of best anything?

And yes, Falcon does ****. My friends are always trying to scramble away, but just can't seem to...

dori.

Smash Apprentice
Falcon's initial dash is faster than Sonic's, because Sonic's dash has slow acceleration.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Falcon was NEVER the fastest character in the game. His RUNNING speed was slower then Fox's.
His DASH was , I think, AS fast as Fox's.

If anything, Falcon is FASTER in brawl.

And making Sonic slower then any other character would be like taking away ALL Links equipment and make him a street fighter.

duh.
falcon's been faster than fox
and its a fact not a falcon joke

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
The dojo even compares the speed of sonic and falcon, making falcon look a bit silly. Haha good stuff. Falcon is still like second fastest in the game. Plus his falcon punch is reversible/faster now so he is still the chuck norris of the smash world.

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
Lol Sonic probably wouldn't be in if he wasn't the fastest. I mean it's his TRADEMARK. Its what made Sonic GOOD. (For a time.)

Meangreenguy

Smash Rookie
i heard that the wanted to drop C. Falcon on Hiroshiman and Nagasaki, but felt that a nuclear bomb was more humane

Traceur Assassin

Smash Cadet
wtf are u talking about?? sonics everything is built on speed. he a character entirely based on speed. he can freakin break the sound barrier. of course falcon wont be faster than him! and besides im pretty sure that was part of the contract to have him in brawl: sonic has to be the fastest character!

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
What roots? you mean bieng a F-Zero Pilot? how many pilots/race cardrivers do you see run in marathons or can control the element of Fire and shoot out electricity from their knee? That's right not much. What were these roots you were talking about again?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He DESERVES to be faster. He's earned it.
Earned it? He was programmed as the fastest runner in the first two games because of his speed and skill as an F-Zero Pilot which needed to reflect his character.

Captain Falcon never ran on foot in any of his games to my knoledge.

Sonic however, is the epitome of running speed, and if he wasnt the fastest character, it wouldnt work.

A character, no matter how awesome he is, who never ran in any of his games, DOES NOT need to be faster than one who actually DID run at ridiculous speeds in his games and is known for it.

/thread.

Why is it all I see on the C.F. boards is complaining nowadays? :confused:

zelink551

Smash Rookie
Falcon has more power, and his moves have a bit more distance overall, so its a trade off like in almost every character

Top Bottom