• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way to cancel Dair?

Rocket452

Smash Rookie
I'm so used to jumping + dair on top of people its like a reflex now because it's such a great move.

Unless I do it too close to the edge when I think I'm facing the other way and I kill myself.

Is there a way to cancel it?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yep, B Up and at the height of the jump D Air.

Edit: O and also, it is not a very good move, in fact its Sonic's worst aerial. Dont spam it as it's very predictable.

Rocket452

Smash Rookie
maybe im saying something wrong.

I mean when I hit down+A in the air and Im hurling to the ground, I want to cancel it so that If I do it over the edge I wont die

Rocket452

Smash Rookie
ok thanks

guess I'm just doomed to keep killing myself until I learn not to go too crazy with it lol

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I believe some people misunderstand it as a cancel when his momentum is still carrying him upward and it appears that it is being canceled.... this is no different than any other attack by any other character.

Umby

Smash Master
Yeah, but just so we don't get into all that while we explain the fact that you can do things immediately after, we say it's cancelled.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
If you were to do... an up B from the ground, and then you Daired over the edge, you wouldnt be able to use your air jump to get back on the stage right?

but i guess if u dair close enuff to the edge, u would grab the edge if u held toward it.

Umby

Smash Master
IF you UP+Bed period, you wouldn't be able to jump at all, and you couldn't Up+B again until you hit the ground.

If you do dair close enough to the edge, you'd grab it though.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
way to risky tho.. i guess it would be sick if u hit it perfectly and knocked sum1 out and grabbed the edge.

could probly even execute pretty quickly.

Ricky_kun

Smash Cadet
As long as you have a remaining jump in the air left, you can jump out of it (excluding Up-B). If you have no more jumps in the air left, you are pretty much screwed unless that UpB can save you. :(

R4ZE

Smash Ace
seems like most of the time... sonics air jump can save him from stuff, so its a good idea to keep that with you unless u really need it.

even you up b comes abck once you take damage, and his spins and homing attacks are re usable.

Top Bottom