• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavelanding still *definitely* in. (video)

I

i8waffles612

Im not so good with these "advanced techniques" so I really dont know what Wavelanding is >.>

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
You people are going to ruin the game before it even comes out with your 'advanced techniques'.

I just thought I'd let you know that.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
The Mario first jumps off of a moving platform, and does an air dodge I believe around 12 seconds. It propels him down wards diagonally to the left, and immediately after as he's about to hit the ground, he air dodges again, only this time he hits the ground and slides a huge distance to the left, moving past Marth.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
nice find, you can see him put his hand on the ground and slide back, when he rolls backwards, his hand isnt flat on the ground, and if you pause and unpause when he does it, you see him slide not roll

Agosta44

Smash Ace
The Mario first jumps off of a moving platform, and does an air dodge I believe around 12 seconds. It propels him down wards diagonally to the left, and immediately after as he's about to hit the ground, he air dodges again, only this time he hits the ground and slides a huge distance to the left, moving past Marth.
What video are YOU watching???

mkmelee

Smash Lord
There's no way he rolled. You can see as he's just above the ground, he makes the air dodge pose again. Then he hits the ground, remains in that crouched pose and slides this huge distance in the blink of an eye.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It's wavelanding as has been confirmed since E4All.

Good catch though.

Airdodge Into roll with all the invicinbility frames.

Sweet!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Yeah, but we didn't have a video of it.

And there was a chance it could be removed, like the L-cancel.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, but we didn't have a video of it.

And there was a chance it could be removed, like the L-cancel.
We have the waveland video of mario via a bAir, but this is still epic

Airdodge into roll, you don't get hurt.
That's more important than waveland. that's.. a ... waveroll. :p

JCM

Smash Rookie
[Edited out] Scratch that, realized it was Mario there, not Ike. My mistake.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
It looks to me like that was actually Ike's side B move, Quick Draw. Full screened it, and started rapidly pausing to get a closer look. He hits the ground, there is a pause and now here is the important part: He grabs the sword and slashes. If you pause at 00:13, you can see the sword still up in the air.
You're watching the wrong character.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Xanderous, rename the thread.
New technique: WaveRoll

He definitely has full invincibility frames on the airdodge and on the roll.

JCM

Smash Rookie
You're watching the wrong character.
Yes, realized that now. Unfortunatly, this is where youtube quality sets in and it actually becomes harder to tell what just happened. Can't tell if that's a waveland or a dodge roll.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It's just a waveland.
If he just wavelanded, he would not have invincibility frames, which he does since he doesn't get smacked by Ike's sword.

He DEFINITELY rolls, there's no doubt. The little cloud of smoke appears in front of Ike as he rolls, watch it again.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
That was definately just a land-roll, note the fact that mario does the standard roll animation and ends up facing the opposite direction like a standard roll.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The New physics in the game makes this sort of a wave roll... it defeats the purpose sort of.. but still gives you a bit of momentum in your roll for more distance.. this is just my 2 cents.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I've watched it very closely ShortFuse, and I believe the attack misses Mario because it hits him the moment he's still in air when he does his air dodge. The spit second after, he goes into a waveland. If Ike would've swung his sword a moment later, he would've hit Mario.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
You people are going to ruin the game before it even comes out with your 'advanced techniques'.

I just thought I'd let you know that.
You make me laugh. Play the game how you like, and please, STOP BEING AN ******* AND TRYING TO DICTATE HOW OTHERS PLAY THE GAME YOU ELITIST.

Top Bottom