• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveflashing

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Yes, everyone, look at the comments that embarass redsoxrox.

I'd in fact like to take the conversation into here if you people will not mind ^_^

REDSOXROX claims he is the best in the east, one of the best links and marths in the world, and he also 13 years old, which humours me. I'm not giving offense to the 13 year old part, but that point is made to show that you still are in your "Mommy, I didn't do it, I swear" phase.

Wierd facts:
He says he has a small private sponsor that nobody knows about.
He says he won $300 at a jacksonville tournament that he can't provide the name of.
He has no videos of him on youtube of him playing a tournament match, or even a match against friends.

REDSOXROX

Smash Rookie
TheKingofBrawl,
I hated fighting at youtube, but will not fight here. Thanks.
Seriously stop embarrasing yourself. >.>
Anyway...let's please not fight like little 5 year-olds.:)

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
I'm not fighting, I'm discussing.

You are avoiding every single point I am making.

How hard is it to provide proof you are the professional you claim to be?

NOT. HARD. AT. ALL.

REDSOXROX

Smash Rookie
Exactly, not hard at all. How hard is it to accept it? Not. Hard. At. All.
You just made a few mistakes there, btw.
I'm completely fine with the 13-year-old insult; I like being good at smash so young.
Let's see the name of that tourney...was that First Smash? Hmmm...

paralasalud

Smash Ace
uhh i can't really see what you're doing.
but even still, i don't think this is very practical.

if you have to jump like that every time you want to use it, then it's nowhere near as effective for spacing like wavedashing was. just walk instead, lol.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
If it's not hard at all, why haven't you given one valid proof of your claims?

You're just laying lie after lie over people's eyes. Anyone can say they're professional. Not many can back it up, such as you.

You can shut me up, show who's boss, by showing JUST ONE, ONLY ONE, PROOF OF YOU EVEN ENTERING A PROFESSIONAL TOURNAMENT. If you do not, I will laugh at your attempts to impress the smash community by your false comments.

REDSOXROX

Smash Rookie
The next pro tourney I'm in, I'll put it on Youtube then.
Paralasalud, it's not for spacing.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
I want the results of the 3 online tournaments you've been to, and the results of the jacksonville tournament you won to get $300. You can also get a floridian professional to back you up, but they must be verified as a professional as well.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Well, if you're considered one of the best links and marths in the world, that would not be a problem.

So, stop wasting my time and show me proof of your professional career as a gamer.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
You have to go when you're falling through your seat of anguish as you lose this argument?

Now, I'll just watch as everyone observes this topic and knows who REDSOXROX really is.

Glick

Smash Lord
HEY GUYS I'M THE "KINGOFSMASH" I LIKE TROLLING PEOPLES TOPICS SO I CAN MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY LACK OF LIFE.

You derailed and made yourself look like an idiot. Nice job.

I can't really see what your doing. The quality isn't so great. if you give some instructions perhaps someone can make a better video.

REDSOXROX

Smash Rookie
HEY GUYS I'M THE "KINGOFSMASH" I LIKE TROLLING PEOPLES TOPICS SO I CAN MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY LACK OF LIFE.

You derailed and made yourself look like an idiot. Nice job.

I can't really see what your doing. The quality isn't so great. if you give some instructions perhaps someone can make a better video.
Someone intelligent has entered the room! Congrats!:bee:
I know how to make higher quality videos now, so I'll make one, ok?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Please explain to me how this is any different from landing and turning around still using the momentum from the direction of the jump. All I'm seeing is a char jumping then landing and changing a slight position cause he has to turn around.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
are you by any chance buddies with brentlouis? he makes fail "new tech" threads all the time.

judging by the previous discussion, maybe i'm just not understanding this tech that "isn't for spacing" (LOLOLOLOLOL what else would this be used for, if it was useful?) but then again i'm not a big tournament pro like you ;]

and realllllyyyyyyyyy original name! its cool that you used the word "wave" because that automatically makes a technique useful and i don't think its ever been used before

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Please explain to me how this is any different from landing and turning around still using the momentum from the direction of the jump. All I'm seeing is a char jumping then landing and changing a slight position cause he has to turn around.
Thats pretty much all it is, is him jumping landing then moving back. Sometimes he fast falls to make it look like the old way has more land lag time. When he does his way he doesn't fast fall.

Basically its false, and no its not a new technique...

REDSOXROX

Smash Rookie
I really should put this in high quality...
Okay, it works like SHAD'ing. You jump (Of course, short hop works best)
hold the control stick (GC controller) all the way to the side, and when you're about to land, you airdodge.
It's not nearly as useful as wavedashing, but in combination with SHAD'ing, it works well. Also a good mindgame technique.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I really should put this in high quality...
Okay, it works like SHAD'ing. You jump (Of course, short hop works best)
hold the control stick (GC controller) all the way to the side, and when you're about to land, you airdodge.
It's not nearly as useful as wavedashing, but in combination with SHAD'ing, it works well. Also a good mindgame technique.
Oh gee, air dodging right before you land!
This has never been seen before!
It must be a new advanced tech ;)
lolol

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
People should really stop trying to become some sort of smash celebrity by finding supposed advanced techniques.

Not to be mean, but that isn't even advanced at all. Thank you for trying though.

As for no one discovering, have you ever thought that maybe this was so basic, that no one would bother to post a thread on it? You don't see people posting threads saying,

"OMG GUYS I FOUND OUT HOW 2 DO A SMALL JUMP, I CALL IT TEH SMALL HOP!!"

(if this "AT" by any chance becomes an "AT"...then congratulation!!)

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Yeah like snakes mortar slide. That thing is absolutely pointless... >.>

Plz don't say stupid stuff like that. It all has it's uses.
Airdodging close to the ground like he's doing is pointless though. He's not even benefitting from the airdodge cause he only moving forward cause of the momentum of the jump. I tried using the airdodge for this from the moment I got the game and can't find a use for it. The distance you get from the slide is so small that isn't not worth the hassle of all the stuff you have to do before it compared to the reward you get.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Ummm... the video got removed before I could evaluate... can this video be found anywhere else?

But I agree some of the advance techniques has provided useful...

Top Bottom