• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

Ekit

Smash Rookie
Lets just run instead of fight, fighting hurts people i've read somewere....

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
I can wave dash but I'm not that adept at it, I probably should since I think it would be a pretty useful skill to have, but I can get along pretty well with out it.
But I heard its not going to be in brawl so...I'm not going to even bother mastering it .

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
wavedashing isn't really that helpful unless you master it, and i never bothered to do that, so no, i really don't do it all the much, mainly with just luigi :D

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
But I heard its not going to be in brawl so...I'm not going to even bother mastering it .
Why? Just cause the next installment won't have them, doesn't mean it shouldn't be bothered with. That's like an excuse for not doing your homework: "I'm not going to do this written assignment cause the next one is a typed paper."

kook321

Smash Apprentice
WDing might be in brawl. We are only able to play the demo so who knows what the real game is like. I hope brawl has WDing

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
Why? Just cause the next installment won't have them, doesn't mean it shouldn't be bothered with. That's like an excuse for not doing your homework: "I'm not going to do this written assignment cause the next one is a typed paper."
Thats a nice way of putting it but I already kick lots of *** with Fox and Marth, yes thats true I admit I'm giving up way to easily, but I think I can hold out on not mastering it for 2 more months ya know.

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
lol fine fine I'm going to say that mastering Wave Dashing would make me even better but *whiny mode* its so haaaaaaaaarrrrrrdd >_<*whiny mode over*, *sigh* but fine I get that I shouldn't put something off because its difficult to use.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Because it's difficult should encourage you to master it. It's a really important skill. The uses of it will come in due time of implimenting them into your gameplay. It will not be a total waste of your time.

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
If your mind games are good enough you don't have to move at all. For everyone else who isn't god, they wavedash.

But seriously...it's a really helpful technique, it helps you with getting out of the way of moves quick in order to counter with your own. It also helps you with edgeguarding and putting distance between you and your opponent, which is really good if your ranged.

The wavedash is so fast that it's really unpredictable as well.

If you don't want to learn it then don't, but don't turn into one of those people who say it's a glitch and cry about how you only won cause you could wavedash or some **** like that. Really now, L2P.

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
Your making some pretty valid points, I've never actually went against a Wave Dashing master before I wish I went to some tourney's ^^;, but that will have to wait until college I guess.
But yeah I'll do my best to master wave dashing with Marth, Fox, probably not Kirby or lol maybe I'll just add Luigi to my main group

Top Bottom