• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Depends on what character you use.

And if you use a character who has a usable wavedash, than you should by all means use it. Not just do the maneuver, but actually learn to utilize it well.

THE Utility of wavedash can determine a skill, not just having it in your batman utility belt.
Ok, I see where you're coming from, and I respect your opinion. I just hope poeple can do the same for me...

Weed

Smash Lord
Wavedashing is a state of mind. As are mindgames. Both of which aren't actually proven to exist, only you can interpret what to be tricked by.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I would bet anything that wavedashes aren't going to be in brawl, so getting good at them now seems to be a waste of time. i was never a fan, anyways. i dont like to play the game with glitches and i don't see why so many people just accept it as being an okay thing to do.

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
At a local tounry today, a guy comes up to me and asks me how I wave dash. But before I could answer, he tells me he is a pro at wave shinning, just that he needs a little help with wave dashing. lolol

Miharu

Smash Hero
I only wavedash to confuse my opponent into thinking that I'm a scrub. Everyone knows that wavedashing is an illegal glitch, and only cheaters use this bull****. Nintendo should learn to fix up its games better before releasing them.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I only wavedash to confuse my opponent into thinking that I'm a scrub. Everyone knows that wavedashing is an illegal glitch, and only cheaters use this bull****. Nintendo should learn to fix up its games better before releasing them.
Finally someone with some sense. I've been waiting for someone to say that forever.

I don't really blame Nintendo, though. for as long as this game has been played, and by so many people, i'm surprised we haven't found MORE glitches like this.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Finally someone with some sense. I've been waiting for someone to say that forever.

I don't really blame Nintendo, though. for as long as this game has been played, and by so many people, i'm surprised we haven't found MORE glitches like this.
*sigh*

You must be new here.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I saw some one do it once i was amazed, apprently you slide across the floor and you have to jump then airdodge VERY VERY quick diagonally. Seems to good to be real and it nearly impossible to do, i tried it

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Wow guys! I've been playing around with this with Fox. I actually shined to a wavedash in practice mode on Luigi. Looks like another stupid trick that has no merits in a real match though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ok I tried to do a wavedash, and it looks pretty dumb + useless, lol @ you ppl who use it. :laugh:
I hope this is a joke...

The advantage of wavedashing, you can vary the speed and distance, often faster then running, almost no start-up frames, No cool-down frames, you can use any ground attack except the dash attack from a wavedash.

It doesn't win matches on it's own, but all those advantages improve your overall game if you know how to use them properly and can wavedash well.

ok I tried to do a wavedash, and it looks pretty dumb + useless, lol @ you ppl who use it.
Erm, ok. If you waveshine correctly, guess what, you'll get your next waveshine in during your opponent's recovery frame. Recovery frames=no counter, dodge, attack etc.

Which allows you to rack up some awesome damage or, (more often) set your opponent up for a shinespike.

It only seems like a useless trick because you're not doing it properly, you need near-perfect precision otherwise your opponent can counter, and a cpu will punish you for even an instant of vulnerability. They are ungodly precise but very easy to trick.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I hope this is a joke...

The advantage of wavedashing, you can vary the speed and distance, often faster then running, almost no start-up frames, No cool-down frames, you can use any ground attack except the dash attack from a wavedash.

It doesn't win matches on it's own, but all those advantages improve your overall game if you know how to use them properly and can wavedash well.

Erm, ok. If you waveshine correctly, guess what, you'll get your next waveshine in during your opponent's recovery frame. Recovery frames=no counter, dodge, attack etc.

Which allows you to rack up some awesome damage or, (more often) set your opponent up for a shinespike.

It only seems like a useless trick because you're not doing it properly, you need near-perfect precision otherwise your opponent can counter, and a cpu will punish you for even an instant of vulnerability. They are ungodly precise but very easy to trick.
*Facepalm* You should get yourself a sarcasm detector, buddy.

Sliq

Smash Master
gaydashing more like sliq's a *** amirite?[/SPOILER]

I hope this is a joke...

Wavedashing is useless, stop denying it.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Lol I was talking to my mate about a manuveure I did with Doc and someone else was listening in
I mentioned wavedashing...

Other dude: You can't wavedash with Doc! It's Fox and Falco only!
Me and Mate: What??
Other dude: Wavedash is Fox and Falco's over B!

I didn't feel like speaking to that guy for a while, for some reason...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow guys! I've been playing around with this with Fox. I actually shined to a wavedash in practice mode on Luigi. Looks like another stupid trick that has no merits in a real match though.
Dude, I found out you can do the same thing with Falco. But it's really useless. Everyone knows Falco's shine is only good for reflecting stuff.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*Facepalm* You should get yourself a sarcasm detector, buddy.
I'm sorry, I've heard too many people say precisely what they said for me to take it as sarcasm without tone of voice to reference off of.

Sorry, while it might be stupid enough for sarcasm, it's too commonly held to be inherently identifiable.

Hence [/sarcasm] tags were invented.

disfunction47

Smash Cadet
I don't use wavedashing very much mainly because it's ... well ... useless.

I mean, its just a simple dash along the ground. I don't see anything useful about it.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Hence post count was invented.
Fix.

You can tell who's being sarcastic or not, look at either WHO is saying it or at the post count of that person. Or if they use leetspeak (or intentioally make grammar/spelling mistakes) to imitate some forum noobs..

I don't use wavedashing very much mainly because it's ... well ... useless.

I mean, its just a simple dash along the ground. I don't see anything useful about it.
Finally someone being sensical !

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Fix.

You can tell who's being sarcastic or not, look at either WHO is saying it or at the post count of that person. Or if they use leetspeak (or intentioally make grammar/spelling mistakes) to imitate some forum noobs..
Sarcasm tags do suck, but post counts aren't always reliable because sarcastic posters so often are banned and have to make new accounts.:ohwell:
The intentional leetspeak/bad grammar things is good though.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Sarcasm tags do suck, but post counts aren't always reliable because sarcastic posters so often are banned and have to make new accounts.:ohwell:
The intentional leetspeak/bad grammar things is good though.
HAY L0L! IZE ARE HAVINZ G00D GRAMMAR. YOU CAN NOT TELL THAT I'M A 15 YEAR 0LD MYSPACE TR0LL.

WAVEDASHING IS USELESS, YOU SCR00BS. I CANT BELIEVE Y0U USE THAT GARBAGE. ESPECIALLY THAT MEW2KING FOOL. I DONT SEE HOW ANYONE CAN COME CLOSE TO BEING BEST IN THE W0RLD IF THEY USE THAT TRASH. AND HE USES MARTH AND F0X. WHAT A NUBLET. R0Y, LINK, AND SAMUS ARE THE BEST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME. ROY HAS FIRE, LINK HAS A CHAIN, AND SAMUS HAS A GOOD TOP B.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing is just a from of SHOWING OFF that has NO MEANING and DOES NOT help in anything. It IS NOT a major mind game factor and has NOTHING to do with sliding from place to place and off the stage itself to edge hog. It's JUST COOL to do. Taunts are SOOO much better, though. Like, really, everytime I kill someone I ALWAYS find a place to taunt like five times (that's why Hyrule is SOOOOO my favorite stage. It's so big, and it has terain to fight in, unlike small stages like FD).
Anyways, just DON'T wavedash.

jk

Top Bottom