• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash out of Magnet

Jensenator

Smash Rookie
I see Neon and PinkFresh, and most Lucas's wavedash out of magnet (or thats what I think they're doing), but when I try I just cannot do it. Are my hands just moving to slow, is my timing wrong, or is there just something I am missing? Still trying to improve all my tech and everything with Lucas, so I would appreciate any help!

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I see Neon and PinkFresh, and most Lucas's wavedash out of magnet (or thats what I think they're doing), but when I try I just cannot do it. Are my hands just moving to slow, is my timing wrong, or is there just something I am missing? Still trying to improve all my tech and everything with Lucas, so I would appreciate any help!
you can only jump cancel the magnet once you've let go of the b button

that is, jump cancel frames occur as soon as the release hitbox occurs

alexmedkex

Smash Rookie
I had the same problem, until I just got the timing right. My best advice is to

make sure to let go of the b button before you jump

and

be patient with the jump, you gotta wait a little bit before you jump after magnet. You are probably trying to jump too early and then it wont work.

Spice

Smash Cadet
One thing you can do is go to Shadow Moses island in training mode. Go in the middle of the top platform and try jumping out of magnet, you'll get a feel for the timing. Then, go to the edge and face into the wall, and do the same thing. The one where the magnet goes into the wall has different timing, and it is timing much closer to how you would do it when you hit a player in shield. You can also spawn a starman onto an enemy in training mode for a similar effect.

Une

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you might be doing it too fast. If you try to do it with the timing you use for shine jump cancel you'll fail because y'know, Lucas magnet has 4 startup and all that

Top Bottom